Illumina Computer Science Intern Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Computer Science Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina in June 2011.

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR rep, asked about my resume / previous experience 2. Phone interview with team lead. Asked about resume /previous experience. Asked basic object-oriented programming questions, what is the difference between an interface and an abstract class? 3. In-person interview with HR rep, team lead and another team member. Questions: - describe a detail-oriented process you had to do in a previous job or coursework. - how would you work with a difficult team member? - draw a protocol on the board for making a pizza - how do you deal with multiple tasks you are responsible for completing in a tight timeframe? - are you comfortable with a "fast-paced" enviornment? I ended up not getting this internship because I had never programmed in the programming language required by the position and another canidate already had experience programming in the language they wanted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a detail-oriented process you had to complete in a previous job or coursework   1 Answer
  • how would you work with a difficult team member?   Answer Question