Illumina Product Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Illumina in May 2012.

I applied online and heard back after 3 months. I had a phone interview scheduled for the next day. I was told I would be speaking with the HR manager but I actually spoke to the hiring manager. I was asked about my experience, why it was relevant. I was quizzed on basis statistics (explain mean, median, mode, sd, variance, distributions); basic biology (bonds in DNA, basic structure and properties of DNA), troubleshooting (microscopy, applications), windows OS questions, quality assurance questions.

The interview was quite difficult. I was not quizzed on anything that was their job profile. I got a call back within a week that they were taking candidates with more industrial experience forward.

Interview Questions
  • If a program executed in seconds, what would you do to make it execute in millisecond.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Illumina

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Illumina.

Got a call from HR for a phone interview opportunity. Scheduled for about a week later.

A Hiring Manager called and asked some questions about previous experiences listed on the resume. Then began asking odd/basic level questions most likely to determine a fundamental understanding of the qualifications listed on resume; these questions were not very indicative of technical ability though and were very obviously picked or prepared from a list by HR.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain what an average is to a 5 year old without using mathematical terminology?   Answer Question

Worked for Illumina? Contribute to the Community!