Illumina Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.0

Accessioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Illumina (Redwood City, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I received a phone interview a week after applying. The interviewer asked me basic questions, including "Tell me about yourself," "Why Illumina", etc. However, the interviewer seemed very distracted and didn't really listen to what I was saying. He kept conversing to someone else during the interview and I sometimes wasn't sure if he was talking to me or not. The interviewer also put me on hold numerous times to converse with that person, which I found to be a bit annoying. Moreover, he asked me about my experience regarding my previous positions, and while I explained my answer, he kept making this sound "mm-hmm... mmm-hmm.. mm-hmm." Even when I finished answering the question, he repeatedly said "mm-hmm" for 10 more seconds until he realized I was done talking. I don't even think he listened to me during the whole interview...

Interview Questions

Lab Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Illumina (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Very professional, friendly and casual. Asked about: background. working history. one difficult situation (and how to solve), team dynamics, where you see yourself in the future. No technical questions. Interviewed with supervisor, manager and team leader.

Interview Questions