Illumina

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Product Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Illumina.

Interview Details – 2 weeks after I submitted the resume on line they called me and appointed the date for a phone interview. the interview lasted for 1 hour with HM. lots of Many statistic and math questions. Not easy. One should be well prepared before it . Better to prepare the detailed questions in resume.

Interview Question – How to fix a unfocus image?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Illumina in August 2010.

Interview Details – Called by HR recruiter about two weeks after applying through their career site for the position. No behavioral interview with HR, straight away to scheduling a technical 30 minute phone interview the following week with the engineering manager. Interview consisted of technical questions and a few behavioral questions from the get go, however technical questions were unrelated to job description.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the DNA structure to a person who has no experience with science.   View Answer
  • How would you go about fixing an image that is half focused in light microscopy?   View Answer

Senior Product Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Illumina.

Interview Details – HR rep called shortly after submission of online application to schedule interview with hiring manager. Phone interview lasted about 60min. Started with general CV questions, then he asked a series of technical questions: define statistics terms, describe the structure of DNA, discuss ANOVA, describe how to alter computer code to improve efficiency.

Interview Question – Hypothesize what might be causing an image to appear unfocused and propose methods to correct the problem. It was unexpected because the content did not seem to relate to the job function.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Illumina

Worked for Illumina? Contribute to the Community!

Illumina Videos

Illumina – Why Work for Us?

What we do at Illumina may seem complicated, but our vision is simple. "To advance human health by unlocking the power of the genome." At Illumina, we have developed leading edge products and services through the use… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Illumina Senior Product Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Illumina employees and interview candidates.