Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Illumina
- Scientist I (6)
- Engineer (3)
- Senior Product Engineer (3)
- Intern (3)
- Field Applications Scientist (3)
- Technical Applications Scientist (3)
- Process Development Engineer II (2)
- Process Engineer (2)
- Field Service Engineer (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Research Associate I (2)
- Quality Engineer (2)
- Process Engineering (2)
- Product Engineer (2)
- Product Engineer II (2)
- Bioinformatics Scientist (2)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- IT (2)
- R&D (2)
- Senior Research Associate (2)
- Senior Business Analyst (1)
- Finance (1)
- Sales (1)
- Instructional Designer (1)
- Scientist (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Senior Process Development Engineer (1)
- Senior Product Development Engineer (1)
- Senior Staff Engineer (1)
- Senior Scientist (1)
Technical Applications Scientist Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Illumina in May 2014.
Applied online. Got an email from HR after about 3 weeks to schedule a phone interview. Had about a 1/2 hour phone interview with HR, mostly covering general qualifications and company hiring and training procedures. Was told that they will determine if I get an interview with the hiring manager in a couple of weeks.
- no difficult or unexpected questions Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Illumina
Technical Applications Scientist InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.
I had a phone and two personal interviews. Most of all, they were looking for an excited person that fits in the team. The second interview was very hard with role-play and what would you do when and how. Also what expertise can you bring to the table. I was not sure if they liked my answers, but apparently I did good otherwise they would not have given me an offer. The people were VERY nice.
- What would you do if a costumer calls and did everything like the protocol said and wants his money back? 1 Answer
I did not negotiate.
Technical Applications Scientist InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.
Had an initial phone interview with HR that was pretty brief.
A few days later there was a phone interview with the manager of the department that included some technical questions and a role play of a customer service situation.
Lastly, there was a half day interview at the company that included 30 minute interviews with the head of the department, managers, and one person currently in the role.
A week later I received a call from the HR person thanking me for my time but that they chose another candidate for the position.
Overall, it was a pretty thorough process. They were good at explaining the role and asking questions very focused on the job in particular.
- How would you go about solving a customer's problem? Answer Question