Illumina

Updated May 30, 2014

4.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Applications Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Illumina in May 2014.

Applied online. Got an email from HR after about 3 weeks to schedule a phone interview. Had about a 1/2 hour phone interview with HR, mostly covering general qualifications and company hiring and training procedures. Was told that they will determine if I get an interview with the hiring manager in a couple of weeks.

Other Interview Reviews for Illumina

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Illumina in August 2011.

I had a phone and two personal interviews. Most of all, they were looking for an excited person that fits in the team. The second interview was very hard with role-play and what would you do when and how. Also what expertise can you bring to the table. I was not sure if they liked my answers, but apparently I did good otherwise they would not have given me an offer. The people were VERY nice.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a costumer calls and did everything like the protocol said and wants his money back?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Illumina in July 2011.

Had an initial phone interview with HR that was pretty brief.

A few days later there was a phone interview with the manager of the department that included some technical questions and a role play of a customer service situation.

Lastly, there was a half day interview at the company that included 30 minute interviews with the head of the department, managers, and one person currently in the role.

A week later I received a call from the HR person thanking me for my time but that they chose another candidate for the position.

Overall, it was a pretty thorough process. They were good at explaining the role and asking questions very focused on the job in particular.