Interviews for Top Jobs at Image Solutions

Candidate Interview Review

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Image Solutions (Torrance, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I initially got contacted after sending my resume online. Within a week I had my first interview with two managers. They asked technical questions and scenario questions, the interview lasted about 2 hours. The following week I had a second interview with 7 people from all departments, including the president and vice president of the company and this one was VERY intense and exhausting, it took about 3.5 hours and did a lot of speaking to the point that I was totally thirsty and with a headache toward the end. After the first interview I was assigned an Excel, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger exams, which I passed with >80% scores, each test took about 40 minutes. After the second interview, I got a personality test and a skills test that lasted 40 minutes each as well. After two interviews and five tests, I was called for a third interview, but I had a potential offer for a government job and declined to go for the last interview, but I am sure it was for an offer, although I didn't formally get one or was even told. Image Solutions has a relax atmosphere, the employees are really nice, the level of communication within the company is excellent. The company offers a package, which includes generous vacation time, 401k, medical, dental, and life/disability insurance, and many other perks. However, as much of a "cool" company Image Solutions is, I felt that the hiring process was a waste of company resources for a simple Accounting Payable position, plus I felt that there's a culture of nitpicking at other people's performance by management and everyone else. I am definitely team-oriented, but I like people to respect the assigned division of labor that exists across a company. I did not formally got an offer, but even if I had gotten the offer (which was very likely), I would have declined it anyhow.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe the full accounting cycle at your current job?   Answer Question
    • How many laptops do I need to cover this table?   Answer Question

Because I perceived a "team culture" that may be invasive and would not allow me to be fully productive.