Imageworks

Imageworks Interview Questions

2.6

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Imageworks.

All day interview with various groups, changing each hour.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Just asking questions about various technologies and gauging comfort level / enthusiasm.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, offer was above and beyond what I expected at the time.

Animator Interview

Most of the work was headed up to Canada so the interview steered towards that topic most of the time.

Senior PST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Imageworks in November 2011.

First: Coding challenge to prove you can code
    Second: If you pass the first part, panel interview with the Lead PSTs. You go over your coding challenge and other possible work scenarios.
    Then it took a day or so to find out the results.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find the number of times a name appears in a list of names using shell comamnds?   Answer Question
    A little, but it's a standard rate for new hire PSTs.

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Imageworks in February 2011.

I interviewed with their recruiter who passed me along to the senior web produce. I met her and the director of special projects and had a fairly standard interview. They did present me with several documents and asked me to tell them what I could about them. For instance, they handed me a project timeline and asked me to tel them what was wrong with it.

Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Imageworks in June 2010.

Got a call asking if I was interested in an animation position. I said Yes and then was set up with an interview for the following week. Interviewed with Animation Director. Few days later got a call with an offer. Everything went very smoothly. HR at the time was very good and moved things along while keeping you updated if you hadn't heard from them in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was the easiest interview ever. It was more like a get to know you type of interview, which was nice. They see if you are interested in the project for the most part. I was prepared for a much harder interview, but didn't have to worry. Most animators are not great interviewees, but that works in your favor. The biggest factor in getting the job will be your animation reel; if the leads and animation director like your work.   Answer Question
    They will give you an hourly rate. You can probably negotiate more if you want to, but that could extend the time frame a little as they need to get approval for a higher rate.

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Imageworks in June 2010.

Got the position through a posting at my college, and was called in for an interview. When I got there, I was interviewed by the HR people and they asked me basic questions about my resume. Then I was moved in to meet with the Vice President of the Systems Department as well as the HelpDesk Manager, they were very cordial, asked me what were my computer systems experiences and they showed me around the campus after the interview.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Imageworks in February 2014.

They say they are interested in you but then come back and say they have to find jobs for the Culver city people first - no matter the talent level. Turned me right off from wanting to work there ever. They are hiring based on seniority not on talent and skill.

Interview Questions
    • My background is multiple show programming and then they asked if I wanted to work for just one show. Did you even read my resume and cover letter?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Imageworks.

Some interview questions followed by a trip around the company.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if one of the teammate in your team does nothing?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Imageworks in July 2012.

got an email for a phone interview. Phone interview was with 3 leads in the cloth and hair department. The feeling I got was that I had the job in the bag and they were afraid I wouldn't be interested.

Interview Questions
    • "you're more senior, are you sure you would be happy with mostly just shot work?"   View Answer
    I did not ask for more money, but the HR lady somehow got me 2k more a year without me asking.
    I negotiated the ability to sub out a friday for OT the rest of the week, once a month, so I could travel back home and visit my son. Since this job had me moving 1000 miles away.