Imagination Technologies

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer
Kings Langley, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Imagination Technologies in February 2011.

Interview Details – Firstly, I went to the Career Day for Graduates at the company and had the opportunity to spoke with managers. Then they send me an e-mail and asked me to make an application online. Then I went for an interview (technical 1:1) and after the 1:1 , 10 minutes interview with the HR manager. The technical interview included a recently implemented project in college (draw on the blackboard and discuss extensions). Then some basic digital design questions as:
1)Setup and hold times in flip flops, metastability.
2)Describe the Complete design cycle for an ASIC (block diagram, architecture, RTL design, synthesis, simulation, testing).
3)Write through vs write back caches.

Interview Questions

• How to synchronise two designs with different clock frequencies   Answer Question
  • y=a*b + c*d +e. Write VHDL code on the blackboard (optimal if it is possible)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Imagination Technologies in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed via phone by an engineer and an HR manager. They asked me some very tricky questions about HW design. The answers were not so obvious. Also, due to the phone I couldn't sometimes understand the Engineer (he had also heavy British accent). The questions were actually problems of Digital Design. Also, they asked me about my past projects and my studies.
Finally, the HR manager asked me some general questions like: "Why did you apply for Imagination Technologies", "Tell me about your strong and weak points."
The interview last for about an hour.

Interview Question – Describe the circuit for multiplying a constant value with 7.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Imagination Technologies

Worked for Imagination Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Imagination Technologies Hardware Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Imagination Technologies employees and interview candidates.