Imagination Technologies Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

4.0

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Firstly, I went to the Career Day for Graduates at the company and had the opportunity to spoke with managers. Then they send me an e-mail and asked me to make an application online. Then I went for an interview (technical 1:1) and after the 1:1 , 10 minutes interview with the HR manager. The technical interview included a recently implemented project in college (draw on the blackboard and discuss extensions). Then some basic digital design questions as: 1)Setup and hold times in flip flops, metastability. 2)Describe the Complete design cycle for an ASIC (block diagram, architecture, RTL design, synthesis, simulation, testing). 3)Write through vs write back caches.

Interview Questions

• How to synchronise two designs with different clock frequencies   Answer Question
  • y=a*b + c*d +e. Write VHDL code on the blackboard (optimal if it is possible)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Imagination Technologies

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies in March 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed via phone by an engineer and an HR manager. They asked me some very tricky questions about HW design. The answers were not so obvious. Also, due to the phone I couldn't sometimes understand the Engineer (he had also heavy British accent). The questions were actually problems of Digital Design. Also, they asked me about my past projects and my studies. Finally, the HR manager asked me some general questions like: "Why did you apply for Imagination Technologies", "Tell me about your strong and weak points." The interview last for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe the circuit for multiplying a constant value with 7.   1 Answer