Imagination Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

3.5

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)).

Interview

1h Telephone - motivations and CV review
    1h On-site interview

Interview Questions

• Digital design questions, basically related to power reduction   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Three rounds of interview; 1st - written and face to face
    2nd - Telephonic from UK
    3rd - Director and HR interview

Interview

First an online application, then a phone conversation, then in person. All were relaxed and the phone conversation and in person interviews were very much a two way process.

Graduate Hardware Design Engineer (MIPS Team) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Imagination Technologies (London, England (UK)).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews:
    A phone interview with an engineer, followed by a skype interview with the same person.
    I was then invited to an on-site interview at London, Kings Langley (travel expenses reimbursed) where I met the person in charge of the MIPS team.
    All interviews had technical questions, mostly on digital design and CPUs.

Interview Questions

• - Phone interview: Firstly, general questions on CV, projects, etc... Then, questions about logic and digital design: Setup/Hold time, pipelining, CPU, MIPS, ...
      - Skype interview: Questions on different possible implementations of FIFOs, how to design a circuit generating a certain sequence of 4-bit numbers (the sequence was showed through skype)
      - On site interview: Review of CV, design questions: design a system capable of detecting wether a disk is rotating clockwise or anti-clockwise. Questions about synchronizers. ...

Answer Question

Leading Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Pune (India)).

Interview

Starts with a online C test at all levels of openings.
    Subsequently a couple of telephonic round to know more of the projects worked on, areas of interest and technical capabilities(based on team).
    On clearing above a FTF inteview which company compensates for. 2-3 members of the team including the manager judges the technical capabilities and problem solving skills of the individual.
    If found suitable the offer is released within a week,

Interview Questions

Interview

I had one hour skype interview. There were three general part in it.
    The first was a short talk about myself and my motivation to join Imtech team.
    The second one was technical chart with several questions to me those I described below.
    In the third part the interviewer asked me to briefly describe what I expect to do in future. I was slightly confused about such kind of theme .

So what was the negative that is I had expected to be interviewed to SoC design role but actually I was for CPU designer position.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are the five stage of classical CPU pipelin?
      2. What does the O state in MOESI cache coherence protocol stand for?
      3. What will happen when programmer change the entity of the page table?

Answer Question

Software Design Engineer (Video) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

First you will do a phone call and then an online C test. It is annoying and does not proof any good knowledge of C, however managers know that (but still keep it because they're probably lazy to look for something better) and even if you fail it you can pass to the next step. Then you will be invited to a face to face interview, which is really easy.

Interview Questions

• Code to detect whether a string is a palindrome   1 Answer
    • Discuss in a whiteboard techniques how to store the status of a chess board (basically how to encode the information, how you would reduce redundancy, concepts of encoding/compression, etc.). There is no closed solution, they just want to see how you approach the problem.   1 Answer
    • Question about pthreads (just general knowledge)   1 Answer

Graduate RTL Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

online application, telephone interview

Interview Questions

• question about architectures, questions based on cv, why you want to work for imagination.???   Answer Question

Senior Digital Designer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Imagination Technologies (Watford, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

I had a technical job interview on site, Watford, for a Sr Digital Designer permanent role.
    Just took a flight and I was there, full of expectations because I knew that was very interesting.
    The interview well passed (even if the principal engineer spent all the time on its notebook, while another lead engineer was interviewing me), they wanted even to hire me (with a bad/inappropriate salary for my experience!), but some of the other Engineers, I met while I was waiting for my interview, were completely out of head, absolutely unacceptable even embarrassing.
    Unacceptable to work in that kind of environment.
    It seems some of them doesn't really like working with foreign Engineer.
    Strange thing is that the HR doesn't know anything about those employees behavioural (or doesn't care?).

Interview Questions

Not at all the right place to work, if you like having around good people only !
    Anyway, bad salary.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in February 2009.

Interview

The interview is quite casual. Some technical questions. The guy interviewed me was very friendly.

There is nothing heard from them for like a month after the interview. Somehow when I asked I was told that I have made into the final few candidates for manager to decide. And then it was another a month or so waiting, after which eventually I was notified (again after I asked) no been accepted.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how MP3 files are encoded?   1 Answer