Imagination Technologies

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

3.6

Graduate Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies.

I had a 2 hours phone interview. It was a technical interview about digital logic, computer architecture, pipeline and power consumption techniques in hardware design. Just 20 minutes about my projects and most relevant topics I have studied at University. Few minutes at the beginning about my interest in Imagination.

Graduate Graphics Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies.

An online test in C++ programming followed by an on-site interview with the team leader. The test was generic questions about the language to see if you made the effort to do some pre-study reading (a lot of the specifics are rarely used in my opinion so testing how much effort you are prepared to put into the job). The interview was quite informal asking quite difficult problem solving questions.

Physical Engineer Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies.

Telephone interview within 3 weeks from the online application, followed by a technical face to face interview and a personal interview at Kings Langley. Physical Design Engineer Summer Internship position

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Imagination Technologies.

4 rounds includng HR round. 3 rounds are technical, mainly focussing on OS concepts and algorithms. The interviewers expect detailed algorithms with efficient implementation. The interview mainly intends to understand your way of thinking and core C concepts. I would recommend preparing C using books like K&R. The concepts like basic data structures also need preparing.

It was smooth

Leading Hardware Design Engineer Interview

I had one hour skype interview. There were three general part in it.
    The first was a short talk about myself and my motivation to join Imtech team.
    The second one was technical chart with several questions to me those I described below.
    In the third part the interviewer asked me to briefly describe what I expect to do in future. I was slightly confused about such kind of theme .

So what was the negative that is I had expected to be interviewed to SoC design role but actually I was for CPU designer position.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What are the five stage of classical CPU pipelin?
      2. What does the O state in MOESI cache coherence protocol stand for?
      3. What will happen when programmer change the entity of the page table?

Answer Question

Junior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in September 2014.

At first I had to complete an online test. The questions weren't difficult and everyone in the hardware field should know them. After that test (after some days) I had a telephone interview with the senior engineer of the team. The interview also wasn't difficult and most of the questions were identical with the ones of online test. After that they informed be to go to their company for face2face interview. There they were also friendly and I think it wasn't that difficult too (There is the probability I didn't get to the hard part too)

Interview Questions
    • At first they asked implementing some sort of function with hardware. After that do it with less hardware. After that design on board a state machine recognising some specific series of 0s and 1s.
      Finally implementing multiplication of 8 bit numbers with 4 bit multipliers + whatever I needed.
      Also they asked about read after write problems to processors and things on computer architecture.
      Also they asked me things on my Thesis.

View Answer

Senior Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Imagination Technologies.

On line tests before the phone interview
    Phone interview (1 hour) (15 minutes CV interview - 40 minutes technical questions)

Best way to multiply a number by 255
    Design a FSM for shift a sequence of bits
    DFT what you expected ? Why not 100%?
    Digital Method to reduce power .
    What is the causes of the delay gate to gate ?
    Create a PC (program counter)
    Create a 8x8 multiplier using a 4x4
    f=AB+CD with B stick to 1 (method to find which input is broken)

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in May 2012.

Telephone Interview, Face-to-face for technical, followed by HR interview. Depending upon whether you're going for hardware or software positions in some cases you've to do online tests. Questions will range from computer architecture to Digital Systems Design, Verification to software based. This is assuming you're applying for a technical engineer role.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing specific, expect to be quizzed on technical ground well.   Answer Question
    Good.

Video Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in September 2013.

I was initially contacted by a recruitment agency, who after an initial talk sent me a set of online tests which I passed, I had a phone interview afterwards with the leader which I also passed, and a few days later I went to their offices for the final interview. I thought it was a very interesting place, the interviewers were extremely knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
    • Went really deep on a discussion of how to store state of a chess board, adding technical requirements along the way   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

They contacted me through e-mail to arrange a short interview on the phone. Typical questions regarding my interest in the position and a short review of my related experience. A couple of technical questions, pretty basic though as it was for an entry level position. Most of the questions were related to wireless communications, WLAN and Bluetooth standards.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, most of the questions were about hardware design and wireless communication technologies.   Answer Question