Imagination Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

3.6

Physical Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in March 2015.

Telephone interview within 3 weeks from the online application, followed by a technical face to face interview and a personal interview at Kings Langley. Physical Design Engineer Summer Internship position

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Imagination Technologies.

Interview lined up by headhunt agent. Interviewed by Project Director and then the General Manager. It was more of a casual chat instead of very serious interview which is good

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in January 2015.

I completed an online C test, which was very difficult, then was invited to a f2f interview. It was pretty relaxed and consisted of competency and technical questions, we also went through my CV and they asked questions regarding my CV. I then received another phone interview from HR, I will do this interview soon and I hope it will go well

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Imagination Technologies.

Made a test online about C and then a phone interview with HR and Software Engineer. The online test was tricky because most of the code was based on bad programming habits (code that doesn't aid readability, no indentation, gotos and jumps...) or weird constructions of code that aren't usually used.

The phone interview lasted around 40 minutes, first minutes they asked me why I wanted to work at imgtec and then the technical questions, later I was asked about availability and finally if I had any questions.

The quality of the phone call was quite bad, I couldn't hear them properly, in fact, at some points in the conversation I couldn't hear anything at all, and to top it off I heard the echo of my own voice with one second delay, which was quite annoying. I agreed to make the interview like this but after I finished I realized that I should have asked to reschedule it, because I feel I could have done way better on the interview if it wasn't for these problems.

Graduate Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies.

I had a 2 hours phone interview. It was a technical interview about digital logic, computer architecture, pipeline and power consumption techniques in hardware design. Just 20 minutes about my projects and most relevant topics I have studied at University. Few minutes at the beginning about my interest in Imagination.

Graduate Graphics Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies.

An online test in C++ programming followed by an on-site interview with the team leader. The test was generic questions about the language to see if you made the effort to do some pre-study reading (a lot of the specifics are rarely used in my opinion so testing how much effort you are prepared to put into the job). The interview was quite informal asking quite difficult problem solving questions.

Physical Engineer Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Imagination Technologies.

4 rounds includng HR round. 3 rounds are technical, mainly focussing on OS concepts and algorithms. The interviewers expect detailed algorithms with efficient implementation. The interview mainly intends to understand your way of thinking and core C concepts. I would recommend preparing C using books like K&R. The concepts like basic data structures also need preparing.

It was smooth

Leading Hardware Design Engineer Interview

I had one hour skype interview. There were three general part in it.
    The first was a short talk about myself and my motivation to join Imtech team.
    The second one was technical chart with several questions to me those I described below.
    In the third part the interviewer asked me to briefly describe what I expect to do in future. I was slightly confused about such kind of theme .

So what was the negative that is I had expected to be interviewed to SoC design role but actually I was for CPU designer position.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What are the five stage of classical CPU pipelin?
      2. What does the O state in MOESI cache coherence protocol stand for?
      3. What will happen when programmer change the entity of the page table?

Answer Question

Junior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Langley, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Kings Langley, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in September 2014.

At first I had to complete an online test. The questions weren't difficult and everyone in the hardware field should know them. After that test (after some days) I had a telephone interview with the senior engineer of the team. The interview also wasn't difficult and most of the questions were identical with the ones of online test. After that they informed be to go to their company for face2face interview. There they were also friendly and I think it wasn't that difficult too (There is the probability I didn't get to the hard part too)

Interview Questions
    • At first they asked implementing some sort of function with hardware. After that do it with less hardware. After that design on board a state machine recognising some specific series of 0s and 1s.
      Finally implementing multiplication of 8 bit numbers with 4 bit multipliers + whatever I needed.
      Also they asked about read after write problems to processors and things on computer architecture.
      Also they asked me things on my Thesis.

View Answer