Imagination Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

3.6

Interview

I had one hour skype interview. There were three general part in it.
    The first was a short talk about myself and my motivation to join Imtech team.
    The second one was technical chart with several questions to me those I described below.
    In the third part the interviewer asked me to briefly describe what I expect to do in future. I was slightly confused about such kind of theme .

So what was the negative that is I had expected to be interviewed to SoC design role but actually I was for CPU designer position.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are the five stage of classical CPU pipelin?
      2. What does the O state in MOESI cache coherence protocol stand for?
      3. What will happen when programmer change the entity of the page table?

Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Imagination Technologies.

Interview

On line tests before the phone interview
    Phone interview (1 hour) (15 minutes CV interview - 40 minutes technical questions)

Best way to multiply a number by 255
    Design a FSM for shift a sequence of bits
    DFT what you expected ? Why not 100%?
    Digital Method to reduce power .
    What is the causes of the delay gate to gate ?
    Create a PC (program counter)
    Create a 8x8 multiplier using a 4x4
    f=AB+CD with B stick to 1 (method to find which input is broken)

Junior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

At first I had to complete an online test. The questions weren't difficult and everyone in the hardware field should know them. After that test (after some days) I had a telephone interview with the senior engineer of the team. The interview also wasn't difficult and most of the questions were identical with the ones of online test. After that they informed be to go to their company for face2face interview. There they were also friendly and I think it wasn't that difficult too (There is the probability I didn't get to the hard part too)

Interview Questions

• At first they asked implementing some sort of function with hardware. After that do it with less hardware. After that design on board a state machine recognising some specific series of 0s and 1s.
      Finally implementing multiplication of 8 bit numbers with 4 bit multipliers + whatever I needed.
      Also they asked about read after write problems to processors and things on computer architecture.
      Also they asked me things on my Thesis.

1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

They contacted me through e-mail to arrange a short interview on the phone. Typical questions regarding my interest in the position and a short review of my related experience. A couple of technical questions, pretty basic though as it was for an entry level position. Most of the questions were related to wireless communications, WLAN and Bluetooth standards.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, most of the questions were about hardware design and wireless communication technologies.   Answer Question

Leading Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Pune (India)).

Interview

Starts with a online C test at all levels of openings.
    Subsequently a couple of telephonic round to know more of the projects worked on, areas of interest and technical capabilities(based on team).
    On clearing above a FTF inteview which company compensates for. 2-3 members of the team including the manager judges the technical capabilities and problem solving skills of the individual.
    If found suitable the offer is released within a week,

Digital ASIC Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Imagination Technologies (Bristol, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied and was invited for a phone interview 2 days after. Although on the website it mentions that more generic questions are asked during the telephone interview, it was quite technical!

Interview Questions

• You will be asked about flipflops, shift registers and could even be given a stream of binary bits to work through a specific circuit.   1 Answer

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Wellington (New Zealand)).

Interview

A company standard online C test, even for an android developer position.
    Followed by a at least three hours long interview, including an 1 on N interview, technical tests (coding, database).
    Lastly, an additional interview with the HR in the UK. I didn't have this when I interviewed, so don't know what they ask.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is somewhat negotiable. Company standard benefit really good, no need to negotiate.

Hardware Design Engineer (Summer Placement) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online via their website. After around two weeks they emailed me and arranged a phone interview which comprised of questions such as why did you choose Imagination, what have you studied at university, a little bit about MIPS architecture and questions regarding pipelining, interrupts and a linked-lists in C.

A few days after they arranged a Face-to-Face interview with me at their HQ. This comprised of more difficult questions, particularly those at the low-level, things like designing counters in logic, creating a NAND only XOR etc. Just make sure you can do a little Boolean algebra.

They're not looking for people who can answer every question perfectly, they're looking for those who think about it and make an attempt regardless rather than those who just say "I can't do it" or "I don't know how".

Interview Questions

• Given some binary sequence implement it in logic and then minify it using Boolean algebra/ Karnaugh maps etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was specified in the interview. It's fixed for internships.

Digital Design Leader Interview

Interview

Very technical interview, even if the position was for technical management. Three hours of technical questions on digital design, involving fifo architecture, fsm design, combinatorial logic design, hdl questions, asynchronous fifos sizing, and many others.
    It is advisable to refresh your memory on digital design technics, at HDL and gate level.
    A good read at Hennessy & Patterson is a good start.

Interview Questions

• How to synchronize a signal crossing two clocks derived from the same PLL or same Oscillator.   1 Answer

Hardware Design Engineer - Summer Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, followed by a phone interview with basic technical questions, which led to a face to face interview on site