Imagination Technologies

3.6

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Physical Design Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in December 2014.

First they sent an email asking me to sort my preferences because their system did not work at the time and then they told me I would have a phone interview. After this, I was invited to an in-person interview at their headquarters.

Junior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in September 2014.

At first I had to complete an online test. The questions weren't difficult and everyone in the hardware field should know them. After that test (after some days) I had a telephone interview with the senior engineer of the team. The interview also wasn't difficult and most of the questions were identical with the ones of online test. After that they informed be to go to their company for face2face interview. There they were also friendly and I think it wasn't that difficult too (There is the probability I didn't get to the hard part too)

Interview Questions
    • At first they asked implementing some sort of function with hardware. After that do it with less hardware. After that design on board a state machine recognising some specific series of 0s and 1s.
      Finally implementing multiplication of 8 bit numbers with 4 bit multipliers + whatever I needed.
      Also they asked about read after write problems to processors and things on computer architecture.
      Also they asked me things on my Thesis.

View Answer

Digital ASIC Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in July 2014.

I applied and was invited for a phone interview 2 days after. Although on the website it mentions that more generic questions are asked during the telephone interview, it was quite technical!

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked about flipflops, shift registers and could even be given a stream of binary bits to work through a specific circuit.   View Answer

Hardware Design Engineer (Summer Placement) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in April 2014.

Applied online via their website. After around two weeks they emailed me and arranged a phone interview which comprised of questions such as why did you choose Imagination, what have you studied at university, a little bit about MIPS architecture and questions regarding pipelining, interrupts and a linked-lists in C.

A few days after they arranged a Face-to-Face interview with me at their HQ. This comprised of more difficult questions, particularly those at the low-level, things like designing counters in logic, creating a NAND only XOR etc. Just make sure you can do a little Boolean algebra.

They're not looking for people who can answer every question perfectly, they're looking for those who think about it and make an attempt regardless rather than those who just say "I can't do it" or "I don't know how".

Interview Questions
    • Given some binary sequence implement it in logic and then minify it using Boolean algebra/ Karnaugh maps etc   View Answer
    Salary was specified in the interview. It's fixed for internships.

Hardware Design Engineer - Summer Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in March 2014.

Applied online, followed by a phone interview with basic technical questions, which led to a face to face interview on site

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies.

At the very beginning, I was contacted by an international recruiting agency. They asked me if I was interested in job opportunities in the UK and some very simple technical questions concerning my experience. Then I was told to take an online assessment test on the C language. After four days the recruiter contacted me saying they wanted to do a phone interview. It was quite straightforward, questions about caches, virtual memory, GPU architecture. After approximately one week I received another call for an HR interview in which my motivation was tested. Questions like why would you like to work here, what are your weaknesses,.. Then, after approximately two weeks I was contacted for a face-to-face interview. I went to the Head Quarters, got everything payed by them. The f2f interview was very tough but nice. I had 4 steps, 3 technical with 3 different people and 1 with HR. The questions were to reverse a linked list in C, something related to the Linux filesystem, and several pieces of code in which I had to identify warning and errors.
    Then I waited for approximately 3 weeks and, finally, I was made an offer.

Interview Questions
    You can negotiate, I did it and went well.

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in January 2014.

The interviewing process begun from a telephone interview, where basics about boolean algebra, registers setup and hold time, and questions about frequency limitations were asked. After this, a face-to-face interview was scheduled (the transportation expenses were paid by them).
    The face-to-face interview itself went well; the interviewer was a nice person, always kind and thoughtful. He asked to design a 4-bit circular shift using flip-flops, with "0001" pattern. After this, he asked to implement a state machine using those filp-flops... A second problem was to implement a state machine and identify the states for a road cross semaphores.
    Final problem was to find a solution for a spinning disk, where a rotation direction and speed is required to be known.
    The last part of the interview consisted of showing my personal projects and asking question about the job.

Interview Questions
    • Implement a combination-logic circuit for the state machine.   View Answer

Summer Internship - Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in January 2014.

After applying in late December and completing an online C test I heard back from them within a month to arrange the interview. Along with the date of the interview they also informed me they would pay any expenses for travel etc. and promptly did upon arrival at reception. The whole interview took about an hour and 45 minutes, and comprised of two sections. The first was technical and was taken by 3 people. During this time they asked about university subjects and experiences as well as what I could bring to the table. They asked about experience with C and some detail on previous work before giving me a simple C question involving references to a memory location which using bitwise operations I was required to alter a specific bit in. This part of the interview took the majority of the time.
    The second part of the interview was with a very friendly man from HR, and involved many of the expected interview questions. What are your job interests, why do you want to work for this company etc.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about specifics on projects completed years ago, which sadly, I could remember very little about.   Answer Question

Graduate Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Imagination Technologies in December 2013.

1. CV uploaded and sent through their website.
    2. Telephone interview which was non-technical (They basically want to know that you are interested in the job and have some knowledge about the company & role), asked about final year project and general questions.
    3. 1.5hrs technical interview followed by 1hr HR interview

Both interview were tough but the interviewers were very relaxed and wellcoming which made it easier.

Basic Digital Question (Timing, Digital Design, Peripherals)

Interview Questions
    No negotiation needed, they offered what I asked for!

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Imagination Technologies.

Contacted by a recruitment agency that referred my details to Imagination. All communication from there on was through the agency, who would seem to relay my messages to the company in question. I was given a days notice for the telephone interview wherein they wanted to know my knowledge about the company with a technical follow-up, ending with questions about my CV. The technical part requires you to know about basic digital logic, some design problems, computer architechure and a unique design question.

Interview Questions
    • A couple of the computer architecture questions threw me off.   Answer Question