Imagine Schools

Interviews for Top Jobs at Imagine Schools

Academic Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Imagine Schools in October 2014.

I spoke on the phone with the principal for more than 30 minutes when he called to ask me if I'd like to interview. He is very personable and interesting. He seems like an honest and sincere man. I then met him for the interview, and later I interviewed with the Regional Director.

Interview Questions
    • questions were related to academics - best teacher practices..."How does data helpful to teaching?" "How do you approach the teaching of Reading to young first graders?"   View Answer
    Be sure to market your benefits to the company - in areas outside of what you are being hired for...what else can you bring the company? Enrollment is vital to charter schools. How do you plan to increase and retain enrollment? This can be an area of interest to the company and an opportunity for you to negotiate a higher salary.

Elementary Teacher Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Imagine Schools.

I was hired after attending a MERC job fair. I received an interview with PGCPS. After the interview they offered me a contract. At the job fair, I met a principal that worked at Imagine Schools. He gave me his business card.

Interview Questions
    Teachers in this state are part of a union so there was not a negotiation phase.

Teacher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Imagine Schools.

Positions are posted on Teachers-Teachers website. I applied and was contacted within 24 hours to set up interview. I was interviewed by three teachers on the current team. Down to earth teachers who wanted to see if there was a match. My skills, interests and personality dovetailed. Was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process has evolved since I was hired. Competition is keen. This Spring candidates were invited to a career fair job shadow day at the school. After evaluation select candidates taught a sample lesson   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Imagine Schools.

This school will call and interview ALL resumes submitted to them

Interview Questions
    • The interview here is a group interview of teachers they ask random questions often not relevant.   Answer Question

Business Manager and Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surprise, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surprise, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Imagine Schools in August 2012.

Met with the principals of the school twice in a week. Simple hiring process

No negotiating. Take it or Leave it

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Imagine Schools in June 2012.

I e-mailed the principal with resume.
    First, I was e-mailed by a teacher at the school to set up initial group interview.
    Second, a group interview (three teachers from the school and three potential employees) took place.
    Next, one of the teachers from the interview called me and set up an interview with the principal.
    After this interview, I taught a sample lesson (I was offere a position that same day).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. Wanted to know about educational outlook and experiences.
      Was asked in both interviews if spending an "unreasonable" amount of time doing this job would be ok with me.

Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Salary was offered with no wiggle-room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Imagine Schools in August 2010.

I walked in wearing professional clothing. I brought my portfolio, cover letter, and resume. The interviews where being held at school that day. I gave my resume and waited 10 minutes. Then, the director informed be that she was available for an interview in 30 minutes. I was able to brush up my portfolio and return for my interview. There were 2 teachers and I. The atmosphere was professional yet relaxed and comfortable. I was offered the job on the spot and asked to begin immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Imagine Schools in September 2009.

After waiting in the lobby (after school hours) for about 30 minutes past appointment time. I was taken to a conference room and met by an administrator who didn't seem to know he was interviewing. We chatted a few minutes, he left, no one else ever came in. After 15min I left to ask the secretary. I waited another hour. She tried to reach the principal and C&I but they had gone home. I had been at the school over 2 hours and never really had an interview. I got no responses when I called the school the next day. A letter arrived saying I'd been hired.
    No applicants are allowed to view classrooms or encounter students. Even newly hired teachers are not allowed to walk in the hallway, accompanied or not, to see their classroom, speak to teachers, or attend meetings in preparation for their starting day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked no questions. Only chatted with an administrator who was trying to find out who was supposed to interview me.   View Answer
    The state of Missouri posts teacher salaries by individual teacher name and by school. Internet check or check local online newspapers. Teachers who are socially connected can make up to 10-20K more than what seems to be their scale based on certification, education, and experience. That range is only 1-3K from starting salary. Administrative salaries vary widely, again seeming to correspond to social connections.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took a dayinterviewed at Imagine Schools in October 2008.

I was asked to come to the school. The curriculum specialist asked me some questions. They then hired me and we filled out paperwork

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle extreme discipline problems in your class?   View Answer
    none