Imerys Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.8

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Imerys in July 2015.

Interview

Asked mostly about previous experience. Then proceeded to go on and on about the company, leaving little time to comment or ask questions. Not your typical interview questions, no behavioral or hypothetical questions.

Imerys Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Imerys (San Jose, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Make a presentation to four of Imerys senior managers. After presentation they asked some questions related to the presentation. Then they took candidates to have a tour of their lab and mining facilities.

Interview Questions

Interview

HR was unprepared and I only had a list of times and people to interview with and did not get documents that needed to be filled out and brought with me.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a scholar program. I was required to attend a plant tour in Lompoc. Then I had to do a presentation on a project I did in school or internship followed by one interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the speaker did you come to listen to during school?   Answer Question

Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Imerys (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They called me about 3 or 4 times. First time was just to go over my resume and basics. The second time I was interviewed and asked situational question (What would you do if...?). The third and fourth time I was interviewed by different people on the team. I then got to the final interview. Plane ticket + Hotel+ Taxi. Interview at the headquarters with the entire team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had no information available for a project?   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Imerys (Roswell, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

Recruited from a small local staffing agency. Hired on after 30 days. The interview process was very conversational. Not intimidating at all. I was asked questions that just skimmed the surface of what the job actually required.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate.

Electrical Controls Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lompoc, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Imerys (Lompoc, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy and consisted of technical and non-technical questions. Some of the non technical questions included "how do you manage projects", "describe a side project you have worked on by yourself", "how do you resolve a conflict in a group project?". And a few technical questions. The technical questions were very easy, some of them including "do you know what a PLC is?" and other simple questions about software and hardware.

Corporate Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Imerys.

Interview

I was contacted by external recruiter, then a call with HR was set up. They asked me to install some software for videoconferencing. Had 2 interviews with HR and was invited for interview. When I arrived had to wait almost 40 minutes as they had mixed something up. 1 hour meeting with manager and later 1 hour meeting with a director. Mix of technical, professional and behavioral questions. Then a meeting with rest of the team. Strong emphasis on being a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

Got a similar offer from better company

Business Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Imerys.

Interview

Exposed to several functions and management levels. The whole process is strongly guided by the HR head, who has his own ideias on who should be hired even if business requirements point in different directions.

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Austell, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Imerys (Saint Austell, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

Recruitment was through an online independent recruitment provider specialising in mining industry recruitment. Interview initially with recruitment company on a one to one basis. Further selection process took place at head office by operations manager and human resources department. No secondary interview required. Recruitment process was quick to initiate and contracts offered and signed within six weeks of starting recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• No particularly obscure questions. Mostly related to industry knowledge and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Well prepared and detailed contracts needed little negotiation