Impact Networking

Updated Aug 14, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Impact Networking in February 2014.

I met Impact at a college job fair and they offered to interview me the next day. After a brief interview, they invite you out for a "ride day" where you will shadow a sales rep and see firsthand what a day in the life of a salesperson is like. You'll get a pretty good idea whether or not you're cut out for sales by the end of the day, at which point you could accept or decline the position.

Interview Questions
    • There are not difficult questions. It's about showing you have what it takes to be in sales. If you want to impress, lead as many cold calls as possible on that first ride day.   Answer Question

Sales is not for everyone. Not many people are able to succeed in the industry, and those that do must put in several years before they really start seeing the money come in. The reality is, if you aren't 100% into it you should really consider another line of work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Impact Networking in February 2014.

first interview was pretty simple just a conversation with the office manager. Second interview is a in the field day. You basically go to various companies and advertise yourself and Impact

Interview Questions

salary was a out of the range for the work they expect in my opinion

Document Solutions Consultant Interview

3 hour interview process. 1 with recruiter then district manager.

Entry-level Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Impact Networking in February 2013.

I had a first interview with the job recruiter and was asked many questions about why I would be a good fit and how I handle rejection. The interview was semi formal and the recruiter kept things light and made sure I understood what I would be doing for the position. It was very informative and he asked questions to see if you are able to think on your feet and if you can learn from your mistakes which is what makes a good salesman.

The Job is difficult. It is high risk high reward and it does not have instant gratification. If you are willing to put the time and hard work, it will all pay off. Not a job for everyone but this is the best stepping stone into any sales position.

Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Impact Networking in August 2012.

Genuine and effective. Very positive and upbeat leadership you will be interviewing with. Motivational and exciting. Very true to cultured and needs for company. Come with your A game and full personality. Be fully equipped with your energy!

Very FAIR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Impact Networking in January 2012.

Complete joke. They do an initial interview to lure you in. Then take you out in the field to see what slavery is all about.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. They will take anyone willing to do it.   Answer Question

Low salary. Don't pay for car. Cannot live on this money!

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Impact Networking in December 2011.

I submitted my resume and was contacted a few days later. The phone interview was very refreshing. I was not asked the typical stuffy questions, but instead had a dialogue about design, web and company. I was able to get a feel for the fun and open personality of the company. The process only took a fews weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Impact Networking in February 2011.

I found Impact Networking at Purdue University's Spring Career Fair. I attended an informational session first, then had an interview the next day, at Purdue. The first interview I didn't do too much preparing, other than a little company research and reviewing my notes from the info session. A little less than a week later I got invited back for a second round interview at the corporate headquarters in Waukegan, IL. I was so excited, I reviewed two interview books I had recently picked up, did a lot of research and practice, and also contacted one of the managers who had first interviewed me for some helpful tips for the second interview. I must have worked for three days straight going over tough questions, and also thinking of good questions to ask in return. There was a Technology show a few days before my interview I decided to attend to get a better idea of all the different services etc., where I ended up meeting most of the sales reps from the Waukegan office, and also the Sales Manager (who was going to be interviewing me). Even though I didn't know everything, I felt like this sounded like a really cool company that I definitely wanted to work for. Anyways, went to the interview a few days later, it ended up being really easy, probably for a couple reasons (I spent so much time preparing, and also I had already met my interviewee, so it wasn't so scary), and I ended up liking Impact even more. The final step of the interview process was a Ride Day - where I shadowed one of the other sales reps for a whole day, and got some actual hands on experience out in the field working with customers. I loved it! I got the job, and have been so happy here ever since.

Interview Questions
    I didn't do too much negotiating, since this was my first job out of college, but everything seemed pretty generous for my position, with endless opportunities. I wouldn't really recommend negotiating too much if you're fresh out of school, but there's a lot of room for rapid growth and promotion, as long as you put in the work! TAKE THE JOB!

Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Impact Networking in February 2011.

Well it was conducted like an interview should be and better. Submitted my resume, and within 2 hours of that I got an email from HR asking if i wanted an interview, respectfully I accepted and set it up for the next day. Went in and waited for the last interviewer to finish. The guy they told me I was going to interview with was the person I had. Asked me standard and job related questions. Told me he would get back to me withing a week if he was interested for a second interview to meet with the Service Manager. The next day the service manager called and ask if i wanted a second interview. The service manager was very straight forward about the job what it involves and didn't leave important information out. Told me he would get back to me in about a week or so to let me know if he was interested. Within 4 or less days he called back and asked if i wanted the job. Gave my last job two weeks notice and now here I am working for what I see is a growing and great company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions just be honest. And speak with confidence.   View Answer
    I did not have any ability to negotiate I have no experience with the specific equipment they work with.
    This was an ENTRY LEVEL JOB, there is no negotiating. If you had prior work experience in this field of work I would see them working with you on any negotiations.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Impact Networking in January 2011.

Recruiter: I was first contacted by a recruiter who had pulled my resume off of my college career site. She expressed interest in pursuing me as a candidate, so I agreed to a 1:1 interview

1:1 Interview: The interview went really well. I was able to have all of my questions answered while I was in the interview as well. The branch manager was a very likable individual who was very easy to get along with. To my knowledge, he answered all of my questions upfront and truthfully.

Day in the office: As a sales consultant with Impact, the workload is intense. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but for that pay, you really should be doing something else. A day in the office consists of making cold calls... all day! By the way, the office is your region, which mean, you go building to building knocking on doors and annoying receptionists.

The interview was fine and the day in the office was also fine. The fact is, I just didn't feel like you were fully compensated on the amount of work that you would be doing.

Interview Questions

The main reason that I applied was for a few different reasons.

One thing that Impact does to get candidates in for an interview is, the offer a base salary with no cap on commission. This sounds impressive but there is definitely some fine print.

I was offered a salary of 29K. The way this works is that you have a specific quota to make for the month. They say that you are guaranteed 29K but the fact is, if you don't make your quota, you pay for the lack of what you didn't make in your quota to Impact. There is no guaranteed salary...

Also, Impact holds no liability. If for some reason you make a sale and the company you sell to decides to stop paying after 3 months, Impact does not give you the money you made for your sale... even if you took the time developing the plan for the company. You just put in a ton of hours to get nothing. If they don't get money, you don't get money... makes since, but where did your 3 months go for setting up that deal?

I will say that Impact had a pretty good benefit package but nothing out of this world.

Work load that is expected from consultants:
    - 800 cold calls per month (500 phone calls, 300 calls by walking into the business)
    - 5 demos per month (bring company into the office and present a demo to them

In conclusion, Impact has a young culture and their employees seem to enjoy what they are doing. From my point of view, you have the opportunity to really develop your area and make some good money. However, 800 cold calls is absolutely outrageous. It may be for some people, just not me.