Impaq International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Impaq International.

Interview

First round interview was easy and friendly and I heard back two weeks later for a second round. During the first round, they asked you to talk about yourself and then focused on engaging your interest in non-academia job. The second round interview was day-long and included several one-on-one meetings and a presentation. They asked a lot of questions during my presentation. The audience were from various fields so field-specific technical jargons would probably not help you. Overall, the interview process was enjoyable.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Impaq International in December 2014.

Interview

Called in for interview. Had a schedule of people I was suppose to be interviewing with. I went through more than 5 interviewers. Everybody was very nice and had a great conversation with each and every single one of them. Had a great feeling while I was there but I initially started very nervous.

Interview Questions

• They asked the Are you a qualitative or quantitative person. I dont think is what you answered but more of HOW you answered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They came with a number, I came with a higher number, we met in the middle. I felt it was fair considering I came from a different industry.

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a connection with the company so I submitted my resume and was asked to do a phone interview a few days later. Then was called in for an onsite interview with two people.

Research Associate Interview

Interview

45 mins interview with 2 researchers and 1 hr. Started with questions about my research and experience. No case questions

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

It took about 2.5 months for this process from application to job offer. one phone interview, two in person interviews and 3-4 weeks of waiting. Everyone was really nice and the office is new. Definitely reccomend

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Impaq International in January 2013.

Interview

I had a standard 30 minute interview at the AEA meetings. I ended up meeting with non-economists and didn't get asked much of anything. It was obvious from the start they weren't interested.

Supervised Recruitment Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Impaq International (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview was pretty quick and easy I took a skills assessment test and the interview was conducted. Once the interview was completed I was offered the position on the spot pending backgound check was good They wanted me to start that following Friday but I told them I couldnt start until 2 weeks out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt try to negotiate. However, I really dont feel that there was much room for negotiation.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Impaq International in December 2014.

Interview

The interview proess began with one HR screening call which came about 1 week after I submitted my resume. After that it was 2 rounds by phone, talking with a different researcher each time. Last, I was invited to give a job talk and while there met with 5 different folks for in-person interviews. Everything was all very professional and smooth. Everyone I met was courteous and thoughtful - people seemed content with their situations there. Tons of questions during the job talk. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Impaq?
      Tell me about your experience and how it fits?
      You have a lot of experience in X and we don't do much of X, what interests you in working here?

Answer Question

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Impaq International in April 2011.

Interview

it was an all day interview with several of the company staff. The questions were unclear and in most instances I was expected to lead the interview. People seem happy to be working there. Most people were young, recent PhD graduates.
    The owner of the company was very aggressive. Ocassionally, his questions were hard to follow. I was not sure if he was trying to test me or if this was just his personality.

Interview Questions

• Do you think we will make an mistake if we hire you?   1 Answer

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Impaq International in January 2010.

Interview

Was referred by current emloyee (who had incentive - if someone you refer works 90 days, you are paid $100 referral fee). Applied on company website, then called the recruiter and had a short telephone interview. He set up a face-to face interview within a week. The interview was conducted in a small windowless conference room and lasted about 40 min. The recruiter was mainly interested in my committment to actually show up for work and keep my schedule.