Imperial College London

Interview Details – civil strucutures

Interview Question – describe yourself   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied through other source and interviewed at Imperial College London.

Interview Details – I was working for Imperial for 7years, they wouldn't let me have my Phd exam unless i stayed another year as a research associate to do the dirty job, so i had to apply. No interview, no nothing. The job had to be advertised and i got it with my BLANK application! Stay away from Imperial, (see my post for further detail). Stay away from Imperial, it's the most corrupt environment i've ever seen!

Interview Question – I was working for Imperial for 7years, they wouldn't let me have my Phd exam unless i stayed another year as a research associate to do the dirty job, so i had to apply. No interview, no nothing. The job had to be advertised and i got it with my BLANK application! Stay away from Imperial, (see my post for further detail). Stay away from Imperial, it's the most corrupt environment i've ever seen!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Internal job

Interviewed at Imperial College London

Interview Details – PhD Student studentship oil/gas numerical modelling Visual C++ rock fracture simulation

total 56 candidates
final round 6 candidates and there were four interviewers 1 from the company and 3 from the university

Interview Question – no unexpected question   Answer Question

Interviewed at Imperial College London

Interview Details – Send in CV and cover letter with academic references. Prepare for the interview and read a lot of literature. Answer the questions concisely and to-the-point. Be prepared to be asked about your long-term plans. Be confident and know you stuff.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer

Interviewed at Imperial College London

Interview Details – Application was conducted via an unsolicited email to a potential supervisor. First barrier is usually having a first class degree from a top UK university to be eligible for EPSRC or CASE studentships. Interview dependant on group

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at Imperial College London

Interview Details – I was invited for a 20-minute panel interview.

Interview Question – Would you accept this job if offered? What's your A-Level?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Summer Research Student Interview

Summer Research Student
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Imperial College London in January 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted member of staff at Department of Chemistry, had a short interview and got admitted. Discussed about project details, and talked through milestones in project to be covered, including objectives, considerations and problems to be considered.

Interview Question – Why interested in Organic synthesis? Why undertake this placement?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Imperial College London in April 2010.

Interview Details – Simple an efficient. Friendly interview and to the point.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation actually.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Imperial College London in January 2011.

Interview Details – telephone interview

Interview Questions

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager
Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Imperial College London in February 2012.

Interview Details – i just want to suggest that they should give some kind of financial awards .Which would be helpful for the employee in this recision.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Imperial College London

Worked for Imperial College London? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Imperial College London interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Imperial College London employees and interview candidates.