Imperial College London Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Imperial College London in April 2010.

Simple an efficient. Friendly interview and to the point.

No negotiation actually.

Other Interview Reviews for Imperial College London

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Imperial College London in October 2008.

30-60 minutes presentation on my previous research work and research interests. After that discussion about my future plans, the requirements of the possition. One professor and several PhD students and other RAs from the research group attended my presentation. Overall, very friendly environment and very good experience. At the end I went for lunch with the porfessor for further discussions.

Interview Questions
    • What are your future research plans - are you intending to continue your previous research directions or you are willing to start something new?   Answer Question
    • How much did you contribute in your previous publications?   Answer Question
    In accademia, it all comes to your supervisor. Other people are very relaxed and other very strict with their post-docs and phd students. In my case, they offered to even pay my broadband in case I want to work from home some days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Imperial College London in May 2008.

I applied for the position in response to advertisement in a popular research group email. I had to submit a 2 page research statement in addition to the college application and CV. A 1 hr phone interview was conducted including a presentation over the phone. An offer was made in few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions depend on research work. Some general questions such as describe your strengths and weaknesses were also asked.   Answer Question
    Relocation.