Imperial College London

www.imperial.ac.uk

Imperial College London Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Imperial College London in April 2010.

Interview Details – Simple an efficient. Friendly interview and to the point.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation actually.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Imperial College London in October 2008.

Interview Details – 30-60 minutes presentation on my previous research work and research interests. After that discussion about my future plans, the requirements of the possition. One professor and several PhD students and other RAs from the research group attended my presentation. Overall, very friendly environment and very good experience. At the end I went for lunch with the porfessor for further discussions.

Interview Questions

• What are your future research plans - are you intending to continue your previous research directions or you are willing to start something new?   Answer Question
  • How much did you contribute in your previous publications?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In accademia, it all comes to your supervisor. Other people are very relaxed and other very strict with their post-docs and phd students. In my case, they offered to even pay my broadband in case I want to work from home some days.

London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Imperial College London in May 2008.

Interview Details – I applied for the position in response to advertisement in a popular research group email. I had to submit a 2 page research statement in addition to the college application and CV. A 1 hr phone interview was conducted including a presentation over the phone. An offer was made in few weeks.

Interview Question – Some questions depend on research work. Some general questions such as describe your strengths and weaknesses were also asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relocation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Imperial College London

Worked for Imperial College London? Contribute to the Community!