Imperial Oil Interview Questions in Calgary, AB

Updated Feb 20, 2015

3.3

Cost and Schedule Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewer came to the university and had a 1:1 interview. The process took 1 hour in total. It was questions after questions. There were three sections of questions. 1)Question about yourself 2)Behavioral question 3)Short questions on your traits.

Cost and Estimating Engineer Junior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then got an interview at uni. That interview was all behavioral based questions. After that I received a phone call about two weeks later asking me to fly in for a second interview. The interview was pretty straight forward. At first you get an overview of the job and position. Then you see an engineer where they give you a mock case and you talk through what you think the cost estimates would be and what things you would have to include. Then you meet with another engineer and read a bunch of fake emails and have to prioritize them and state your reasons why you decided that way. Next you meet the big boss and just chat. The last person who interviews you is your boss and they ask basic behavioral questions. Then you go for lunch with some of the other group. Just had interview recently so not sure if I have the job or not yet!

New Grad Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about 3 weeks later and first round interview on Campus. Received an email regarding 2nd interview in November. Flight and Accommodation taken care of. Interviewed by 3 people. One engineer, and two managers.

Interview Questions

• What are the things you have done that your peer haven't?
      Give me an example of a time when you have to pay attention to details

Answer Question

Business Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

An hour long structured interview with two interviewers. Very friendly and made me feel relaxed. Focused on behavioural based questions. Interview occurred on campus. They provided their thoughts on the company and we're willing to answer my questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary offered was great so I accepted

Upstream Engineer - Campus Hire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The hiring process begins with an online application where your resume and cover letter are submitted. in approximately 2 weeks Imperial Oil gets back to you about a first round interview. The initial screening seems to look for strong grades and previous oil and gas experience (through co-op terms/internships). THe 1st interview is on school campus and lasts approximately 45 minutes. If you get past this you are invited to Calgary for three 2nd round interviews with the group that you would potentially join. The interviews are all behavioural in nature.

Interview Questions

• Which written assignment are you proudest of?   2 Answers

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

One on campus interview with a manager. All behavioural questions that were very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• None. They were all typical behavioural interview questions. Nothing technical or from left field.   Answer Question

Maintenance Reliability (Coop Student) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

One interview, they flew me from Toronto to Calgary for the interview, Mostly using the STAR technique looking for full page answers, interviewer was the supervisor himself and one HR guy, mostly typical questions like A situation where you took initiative / innovation, What is your biggest accomplishment?, Tell me a time when you had to adapt to changing conditions, What did you like least about working at your previous job?, what are your favorite courses?

Interview Questions

• "What maintenance and reliability activities have you done in past?"   1 Answer

Summer Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online through company website in Jan, About 2 weeks later, I was notified with an interview offer. The interview took place on campus and lasted for one hour. It was an one on one interview and the interviewer was very nice. She had a list of questions to ask. Candy and water were available.

Sales Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Interview was composed of a series of behavioral questions. It was done in a conversational setting in an attempt understand if my skills and experiences are relevant to position. I found the overall process to be very professional and fair.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. They were precise questions pushing me to draw from my previous professional and academic experience to relate to the position.   Answer Question

New Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I have applied at the company website and got a call for an interview after 3 weeks. They asked me some general questions. This was all about behavioural questions. I answered confidently but did not get any reply from them