Imperial Oil

Average Difficulty
70 candidate interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – First interview: phone call from a hiring manager

- harder than I expected for a first phone call interview
- ask you questions you wouldn't expect in a first interview

Interview Question – What are the difficulties Imperial is facing and what could be done to solve them   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Imperial Oil

Interview Details – Multiple interview process. One screener followed by on site interview.

Interview Question – Nothing really very straight forward behavioural questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No neogotiation in acceptance of offer

Business and Technical Analyst Interview

Business and Technical Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – Imperial Oil is a great company with great people. My interview was an hour long and consist of all behavioral questions. They are trying to get a sense of who you are and how you respond to situations, nothing tricky. Went through on-campus recruitment and was only 1 round for summer intern position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you displayed leadership   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – I got an opportunity through campus recruitment. Interview was pretty straight forward. All questions are based on behaviours. Most of questions are STAR format. The interview is for an hour long. An interviewer will write down your answers based on the information that you provide. The interviewer is not the one who makes a decision to be hired. HR department will decide based on your answer sheet.

Interview Question – What was the most challenge task that you had to deal with when you had a strict deadline.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – Interviewer was nice and polite. All questions were Situation, Task, Action, and Result but you only had to answer a certain number and could pass questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time where your integrity was challenged   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Gas Attendant Interview

Gas Attendant
Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Imperial Oil in July 2008.

Interview Details – hiring was simple. I have studied oil concepts for some time. Although the job is part time, I have extensive knowledge on the current drilling, administration and application of oil products from the ground to refinery. In Canada I also am familiar with the oil sands, refinery etc.

Interview Question – No much. They could not keep up   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Know as much as can. Read as much as you can.

Procurement Associate Interview

Procurement Associate
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Imperial Oil in February 2013.

Interview Details – They were quite fast and contacted me only one week after I submitted the on-line application. The interview took place one week after that. One on one on campus interview, typical situational and behavioural questions, standard format answer (situation, what you did), friendly interviewer also from the Procurement Department but working in Edmonton. The interview lasted about 30 mins.

Interview Question – Typical behavioural questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The interviewer told me they need to interview other candidates around Canada so gave them one month. It took 5 weeks for them to notify and to send me the official documents. Salary is fixed, no negotiation.

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Scheduling Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Imperial Oil in June 2013.

Interview Details – All interviews are behavioural type of questions. Some positions require one and others two interviews.
Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer?
There are times when we are faced with problems. Describe a time when you had to deal with a small problem before it became a huge problem.

Reason for Declining – There is no negotiation on salary, maybe start dates and vacation credits for previous experience.
I had a better offer.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Engineering Co-Op

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – Purely behavioral and situational questions. Nothing too difficult and rather standard questions such as tell us about an experience where you showed initiative. The interviewer did not have much knowledge about the position being applied for and the salary could not be discussed either.

Interview Question – What is your proudest achievement academically?   Answer Question

Construction Manager Interview

Construction Manager
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Imperial Oil in September 2012.

Interview Details – Full day interview process involving both current managers and functional manager. The downfall was having to participate in a luncheon with the other 3 gentlemen that were there for an interview as well. Awkward.

Interview Question – What do you know about Paraffinic Froth Treatment?.....?!?!?...   Answer Question

Worked for Imperial Oil? Contribute to the Community!