Imperial Oil

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

3.2

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Purely behavioral and situational questions. Nothing too difficult and rather standard questions such as tell us about an experience where you showed initiative. The interviewer did not have much knowledge about the position being applied for and the salary could not be discussed either.

Mechanical Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Imperial Oil.

Applied through college website. Got a face to face interview which lasted one hour. Very structured interview as the interviewer asked questiones from a booklet and filled it in each I answered. Sometimes there was awkward silence as I waited for him to finish filling the blanks. Overall, it was pretty serious.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Imperial Oil in June 2014.

The interview was mainly behavioural based. You have to give examples of the situation, how you solved it and the outcome. They also have questions about your past experience. They are not a lot of questions. I think there were at most 10-12 questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging thing you have faced and why?   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement- Co-op Student Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Imperial Oil in June 2014.

Applied through their website. Interview at co-op office. Behavioral interview. And the interview gets you the job.Have good marks and good application. This gets you the interview. And the interview gets you the job.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Imperial Oil in May 2014.

I applied through their online career section, got an interview email within three weeks, The interviewer was very friendly. The whole interview was based on behavioral questions, STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) technique. Prepare as many questions as possible and a mock interview is recommended before the actual interview

Upstream Engineer - Campus Hire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Imperial Oil.

The hiring process begins with an online application where your resume and cover letter are submitted. in approximately 2 weeks Imperial Oil gets back to you about a first round interview. The initial screening seems to look for strong grades and previous oil and gas experience (through co-op terms/internships). THe 1st interview is on school campus and lasts approximately 45 minutes. If you get past this you are invited to Calgary for three 2nd round interviews with the group that you would potentially join. The interviews are all behavioural in nature.

Technical Contact Engineering Student Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Imperial Oil.

I had an interview for a 4 month placement as a technical contact engineering student. The interview was one hour long. My interviewer was a chemical engineer who is a technical contact (I study chemical engineering). I had an overall good experience. The interview was very structured, my interviewer had a document with him with a list of questions and sections for comments and notes. The interview was broken up into different sections, such as teamwork and initiative.

Graduate EIT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Imperial Oil.

1 - Campus job session
    2 - Online application
    3 - Interview notification throught the university career center
    4 - In-person interview, the interviewer is from the same city you applied from

Interview Questions
    • The interview is based up on behaviour questions, prepare as many as possible questions.   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Imperial Oil.

One on campus interview with a manager. All behavioural questions that were very straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • None. They were all typical behavioural interview questions. Nothing technical or from left field.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Imperial Oil.

One on one behavioural interview, very comfortable environment. It felt almost a just like a normal conversation.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time where you were faced with a hard decision, what did you decide and what was the outcome?   Answer Question