Imperial Oil

Average Difficulty
70 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Maintenance Reliability (Coop Student) Interview

Maintenance Reliability (Coop Student)
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Imperial Oil in February 2014.

Interview Details – One interview, they flew me from Toronto to Calgary for the interview, Mostly using the STAR technique looking for full page answers, interviewer was the supervisor himself and one HR guy, mostly typical questions like A situation where you took initiative / innovation, What is your biggest accomplishment?, Tell me a time when you had to adapt to changing conditions, What did you like least about working at your previous job?, what are your favorite courses?

Interview Question – "What maintenance and reliability activities have you done in past?"   View Answer

Summer Student Interview

Summer Student

I applied online and interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – One on campus interview with a manager. All behavioural questions that were very straight forward.

Interview Question – None. They were all typical behavioural interview questions. Nothing technical or from left field.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Supply Chain Interview

Project Coordinator Supply Chain
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – One on one behavioural interview, very comfortable environment. It felt almost a just like a normal conversation.

Interview Question – When was a time where you were faced with a hard decision, what did you decide and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Summer Accounting Analyst Interview

Summer Accounting Analyst
Calgary, AB (Canada)

Interview Details – Applied online through company website in Jan, About 2 weeks later, I was notified with an interview offer. The interview took place on campus and lasted for one hour. It was an one on one interview and the interviewer was very nice. She had a list of questions to ask. Candy and water were available.

Interview Question – All behavioral based questions   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Summer Student

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – behaviour questions, one hour , straight forward

Interview Question – nothing difficult just a lot of similar questions so had to use a variety of examples   Answer Question

New Grad Geoscientist Interview

New Grad Geoscientist

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – Applied via university, 1st round of interview was held on campus focusing on behavioural questions and your resume in October. 2nd round of interview was held two weeks later that includes a presentation, behavioural interviews and meeting the manager.

Interview Question – Nothing really in particular, typical behaviourla quesiton   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – Interviewer was nice and polite. All questions were Situation, Task, Action, and Result but you only had to answer a certain number and could pass questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time where your integrity was challenged   Answer Question

Sales Operations Support Interview

Sales Operations Support
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – Interview was composed of a series of behavioral questions. It was done in a conversational setting in an attempt understand if my skills and experiences are relevant to position. I found the overall process to be very professional and fair.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. They were precise questions pushing me to draw from my previous professional and academic experience to relate to the position.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Graduate Interview

Mechanical Engineer Graduate

I applied online and interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for the Graduate Mech Engineer position at a refinery. The person interviewing me an Engineer, who told me that he had volunteered himself to do the interviews.

The entire process went for an hour. I was asked the following;
Why did I want to work at Imperial?
What were my strengths and weaknesses?
What aspects did I not like about my previous jobs/internships?
A time when I went beyond what was required in the course at University?
A time when I had to present a technical document to a non-technical audience?
A time when I wrote a non-technical document for a general audience?

Interview Question – Time when I worked difficult person; how did I deal with it?   Answer Question

New Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

New Graduate Mechanical Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – I have applied at the company website and got a call for an interview after 3 weeks. They asked me some general questions. This was all about behavioural questions. I answered confidently but did not get any reply from them

Interview Question – How did you overcome stress?   Answer Question