Imperial Oil

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

3.2

Summer Student Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Imperial Oil.

behaviour questions, one hour , straight forward

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult just a lot of similar questions so had to use a variety of examples   Answer Question

New Grad Geoscientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Imperial Oil.

Applied via university, 1st round of interview was held on campus focusing on behavioural questions and your resume in October. 2nd round of interview was held two weeks later that includes a presentation, behavioural interviews and meeting the manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really in particular, typical behaviourla quesiton   Answer Question

Maintenance Reliability (Coop Student) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Imperial Oil in February 2014.

One interview, they flew me from Toronto to Calgary for the interview, Mostly using the STAR technique looking for full page answers, interviewer was the supervisor himself and one HR guy, mostly typical questions like A situation where you took initiative / innovation, What is your biggest accomplishment?, Tell me a time when you had to adapt to changing conditions, What did you like least about working at your previous job?, what are your favorite courses?

Interview Questions
    • "What maintenance and reliability activities have you done in past?"   View Answer

Retail Project Coordinator (Summer Student) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the entire process took around 3 weeks. Very straightforward interview. Was located at their office in Toronto, a one on one with the supervisor for about an hour. All questions were behavioural, interviewer made the setting very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favourite/least favourite course at school?   Answer Question

Summer Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Applied online through company website in Jan, About 2 weeks later, I was notified with an interview offer. The interview took place on campus and lasted for one hour. It was an one on one interview and the interviewer was very nice. She had a list of questions to ask. Candy and water were available.

Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Imperial Oil in February 2014.

Applied Online- Single 1 Hour interview on campus based on behavioural questions. Responses fit the STAR format. Classes and grades important.

Went through all the questions quickly and so continued the interview with a discussion of the company's culture, future goals and career paths.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me your key strengths and competencies that set you apart from other students.   Answer Question
    Company was very supportive in assisting with relocation.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interviewer was nice and polite. All questions were Situation, Task, Action, and Result but you only had to answer a certain number and could pass questions.

Sales Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview was composed of a series of behavioral questions. It was done in a conversational setting in an attempt understand if my skills and experiences are relevant to position. I found the overall process to be very professional and fair.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. They were precise questions pushing me to draw from my previous professional and academic experience to relate to the position.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Graduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Imperial Oil.

I was interviewed for the Graduate Mech Engineer position at a refinery. The person interviewing me an Engineer, who told me that he had volunteered himself to do the interviews.

The entire process went for an hour. I was asked the following;
    Why did I want to work at Imperial?
    What were my strengths and weaknesses?
    What aspects did I not like about my previous jobs/internships?
    A time when I went beyond what was required in the course at University?
    A time when I had to present a technical document to a non-technical audience?
    A time when I wrote a non-technical document for a general audience?

Interview Questions
    • Time when I worked difficult person; how did I deal with it?   Answer Question

New Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Imperial Oil.

I have applied at the company website and got a call for an interview after 3 weeks. They asked me some general questions. This was all about behavioural questions. I answered confidently but did not get any reply from them