Imperial Oil

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Operations Support Interview

Sales Operations Support
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – Interview was composed of a series of behavioral questions. It was done in a conversational setting in an attempt understand if my skills and experiences are relevant to position. I found the overall process to be very professional and fair.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. They were precise questions pushing me to draw from my previous professional and academic experience to relate to the position.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Graduate Interview

Mechanical Engineer Graduate

I applied online and interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for the Graduate Mech Engineer position at a refinery. The person interviewing me an Engineer, who told me that he had volunteered himself to do the interviews.

The entire process went for an hour. I was asked the following;
Why did I want to work at Imperial?
What were my strengths and weaknesses?
What aspects did I not like about my previous jobs/internships?
A time when I went beyond what was required in the course at University?
A time when I had to present a technical document to a non-technical audience?
A time when I wrote a non-technical document for a general audience?

Interview Question – Time when I worked difficult person; how did I deal with it?   Answer Question

New Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

New Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – I have applied at the company website and got a call for an interview after 3 weeks. They asked me some general questions. This was all about behavioural questions. I answered confidently but did not get any reply from them

Interview Question – How did you overcome stress?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – I got an opportunity through campus recruitment. Interview was pretty straight forward. All questions are based on behaviours. Most of questions are STAR format. The interview is for an hour long. An interviewer will write down your answers based on the information that you provide. The interviewer is not the one who makes a decision to be hired. HR department will decide based on your answer sheet.

Interview Question – What was the most challenge task that you had to deal with when you had a strict deadline.   Answer Question

Engineer New Grad Interview

Engineer New Grad

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – A 45 minute interview on campus first, and then was asked to come to Calgary for three more 45 minute interviews. All questions were behaviour based - STAR format. The interviewers were very friendly, and I was matched with a "interview buddy" who took me to lunch and showed me around.

Interview Question – Why did you pick your stream of engineering and how do you think it would help you in this position?   Answer Question

New Grad Engineer Interview

New Grad Engineer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Imperial Oil in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was a behavioral interview.
Give an example when you used creativity to solve a problem.
Give an example of when you didn't achieve your objective.
Tell about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision.
Give an example of when you made a mistake or poor decision and how you handled it.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you sell an idea to a supervisor or teacher.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New Grad Engineer Interview

New Grad Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Imperial Oil in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called for an interview after 2 weeks of deadline date. Interviewed by one person. Really nice and professional.

Interview Question – Tell me about a small problem you caught before it turned into a huge problem?   View Answer

New Graduate Interview

New Graduate

I applied online - interviewed at Imperial Oil in October 2013.

Interview Details – First, you are called in for a behavioral interview at your home university. If you pass, you are asked to go to Calgary for a series of interviews.

Interview Question – Questions were mainly situation ones. Most of them started with give me an example when you:
- had to deal with someone difficult in you team
- had to communicate something technical to someone with a non-technical background, in writing
- came up with a creative idea
- solved a small problem before it became a big one
  View Answers (2)

Business and Technical Analyst Interview

Business and Technical Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – Imperial Oil is a great company with great people. My interview was an hour long and consist of all behavioral questions. They are trying to get a sense of who you are and how you respond to situations, nothing tricky. Went through on-campus recruitment and was only 1 round for summer intern position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you displayed leadership   Answer Question

Facility Engineer Interview

Facility Engineer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Imperial Oil in August 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone interview, conducted by HR, phone screen, each took 10 minutes. Scheduled for a month later with 3 technical, supervisory and manager interview sections; each took 1 hour at headquarter in Calgary.
Mostly behavioral questions such as describe the situation, what you do, what was outcome.

Interview Question – Manager interview was the hardest section, where the team supervisor said I can skip behavioral questions, and started to challenge with asking too many quick questions and describing the most unexpected things happened in the fields recently and asked about the recommended solutions.   Answer Question