Imperial Oil

Relevance Date Difficulty

New Grad Engineer Interview

New Grad Engineer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Imperial Oil in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was a behavioral interview.
Give an example when you used creativity to solve a problem.
Give an example of when you didn't achieve your objective.
Tell about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision.
Give an example of when you made a mistake or poor decision and how you handled it.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you sell an idea to a supervisor or teacher.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New Grad Engineer Interview

New Grad Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Imperial Oil in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called for an interview after 2 weeks of deadline date. Interviewed by one person. Really nice and professional.

Interview Question – Tell me about a small problem you caught before it turned into a huge problem?   View Answer

New Graduate Interview

New Graduate

I applied online - interviewed at Imperial Oil in October 2013.

Interview Details – First, you are called in for a behavioral interview at your home university. If you pass, you are asked to go to Calgary for a series of interviews.

Interview Question – Questions were mainly situation ones. Most of them started with give me an example when you:
- had to deal with someone difficult in you team
- had to communicate something technical to someone with a non-technical background, in writing
- came up with a creative idea
- solved a small problem before it became a big one
  View Answers (2)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business and Technical Analyst Interview

Business and Technical Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – Imperial Oil is a great company with great people. My interview was an hour long and consist of all behavioral questions. They are trying to get a sense of who you are and how you respond to situations, nothing tricky. Went through on-campus recruitment and was only 1 round for summer intern position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you displayed leadership   Answer Question

Facility Engineer Interview

Facility Engineer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Imperial Oil in August 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone interview, conducted by HR, phone screen, each took 10 minutes. Scheduled for a month later with 3 technical, supervisory and manager interview sections; each took 1 hour at headquarter in Calgary.
Mostly behavioral questions such as describe the situation, what you do, what was outcome.

Interview Question – Manager interview was the hardest section, where the team supervisor said I can skip behavioral questions, and started to challenge with asking too many quick questions and describing the most unexpected things happened in the fields recently and asked about the recommended solutions.   Answer Question

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Scheduling Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Imperial Oil in June 2013.

Interview Details – All interviews are behavioural type of questions. Some positions require one and others two interviews.
Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer?
There are times when we are faced with problems. Describe a time when you had to deal with a small problem before it became a huge problem.

Reason for Declining – There is no negotiation on salary, maybe start dates and vacation credits for previous experience.
I had a better offer.

Pipeline and Distribution Project Management Intern Interview

Pipeline and Distribution Project Management Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview Details – Process was very standard. It was 100% behavior questions and no any questions regarding past experience or technical skills were asked. I considered it as a difficult interview because all the situations given in questions are very specific and you might not have anything similar to talk about.

The interviewer has a package and a list of standard questions in hand, and will mark your answers on the spot.

After the interview, you will be required to fill in and submit a pre-employment screening process package.

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you suggested an idea to your boss and how you sold the idea to him.   Answer Question

Project Controls Lead Interview

Project Controls Lead
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Imperial Oil in April 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through and employee. Interviewed by two different panels of experts one from corporate and the other from Project. Decision took one week. Commence work within next two weeks.

Interview Question – Can finishing be completed on ceiling of a new building before the roof is Cast.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Business Internship Interview

Business Internship
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Imperial Oil in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed through campus recruitment. The interview was behaviour based and I was asked pretty much every common interview question. The interviewer was very nice and the interview lasted for one hour

Interview Question – They ask u to fill a background check before u know if u are accepted or not, which takes some time and kinda sad if u don't get the job   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Imperial Oil

Interview Details – Multiple interview process. One screener followed by on site interview.

Interview Question – Nothing really very straight forward behavioural questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No neogotiation in acceptance of offer