Imperial Oil Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2015

3.5

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

The interview process started with an online application. After applying online, I was invited to the first round interviews (1 interview on campus). The interview took 45 minutes to complete and was a behaviour based interview. I was then invited to second round interviews (2 interviews in the office). Each interview lasted about 45minutes and was also behaviour focused.

Interview Questions

• Questions that were asked were mostly behaviour based questions. Tell me a about a time were you showed leadership. Tell me about a time were you took initiative. Tell me about a time were you made an impact. Performance in a group setting.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Imperial Oil

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

This is all about processes. The interviewer asked every single question on this sheet, and checked it off when it was done. The position was intended for a new graduate, but I had 3+ years of experience in the same field. The first half an hour of the interview was dedicated to questions about my university experience. This seemed a little odd, since it's not applicable to me (So, do expect it to come up). The interviewer was very nice, however be prepared to answer questions by talking about a problem/issue, how you solved it and how the solution was perceived. If you don't follow this process, the interviewer will ask the questions in order to get all the information out of you. Make sure you ask the interviewer about corporate policy when it comes to promotion. IOL is a very competitive environment, and I suspect that not everyone would be comfortable in it.

Interview Questions