Imperial Tobacco Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

3.4

PMO Manager (FTC) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Imperial Tobacco (Bristol, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

First stage was telephone interview, very positive and a good rapport with interviewer. No feedback received, chased and eventually told position had gone to internal.
    Identical role with another workstream but a face to face interview in Bristol. They offered to refund travelling costs (>£120) so no problem. Interview was ‘odd’ no rapport build, questions challenged ability and competence and left bad taste in mouth, not a productive experience. No feedback received, positive nor negative and blatantly ignore requests for a refund any costs.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware this role is based on Bristol   1 Answer

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Imperial Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on-line and after the evaluation through an on-line test I received the invitation for a telephone interview.

The Process took 2+ months and the interview concerned typical questions of motivation and leadership.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Imperial Tobacco.

Interview

I applied online on the 5th of January and was asked immediately to complete online tests, numerical reasoning, verbal and situational judgement test.

In three days' time I was informed that I passed to the next stage and got invited to book my telephone interview via the website.

The interview lasted for about 40 minutes and it was not particularly stressful. It was a competency-based interview.

Questions included:

Tell me about the boarder issues the economy is currently facing.

Why tobacco industry?

Why IT?

Why HR?

Why this programme?

Recent challenge + action: Tell me a time when you put effort to know something better in order to achieve an outstanding achievement.

Tell me a time when you delivered quality

Tell me about a time you worked in a team.

Tell me a time when you helped someone achieve an outstanding achievement.

Long term career goals

Tell me a time when you had to work under pressure?

How do you deal with stress?

What will you be doing in your first year?

Strength and weakness and how you will use it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you helped someone achieve an outstanding achievement.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Breda (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Imperial Tobacco (Breda (Netherlands)) in December 2013.

Interview

Competentiegericht, één-op één gesprek met de personeelsmanager, gedragsgesprek met HR, presentatie met Q&A. In totaal duurde het proces meer dan een maand.

Ik heb een positieve ervaring van het proces in het algemeen, hoewel ik geen aanbod heb gekregen. De personeelsmanager stelde veel professionele vragen. Ook is het belangrijk voor het bedrijf dat er een culturele klik is dus laat dat zien met enkele voorbeelden.

Competency based one-to one interview with hiring manager, behavioural interview with HR, presentation with Q&A. Overall the process took more, than a month.
    I have got a positive experience from the process overall, although I did not get an offer. The hiring manager asked a lot of professional questions. Also, cultural fit is very important to the company, so try to demonstrate it with some examples.

Senior Telemarketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Imperial Tobacco (Bristol, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

2 Interviews and a assessment day.
    The assessment day consists of group exercises some role play on the job role. They are watching you all day. How you able to relate to the group and get your point accross.
    Aswell as your listening skills, You need to shine all day

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Imperial Tobacco (Bristol, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview, Online Tests, Assesment Centre...All very focussed on company values rather than to do with the role. Be prepared to act on impulse and sell yourself. Very international environment and they want you to fit in with the company.

Interview Questions

• Job was for marketing but there were no marketing questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Imperial Tobacco in July 2012.

Interview

Assessment Centre
    - one psycometric test
    - drinks and dinner with the hiring team
    - one on one interview with competency based questions
    - Case Study + Presentation
    - Role Play
    - Group work + Group Presentation
    - Surprise Exercise

Interview Questions

• From the people you were assessed with, who would you choose to hire and why?   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oosterhout, North Brabant (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Imperial Tobacco (Oosterhout, North Brabant (Netherlands)) in June 2012.

Interview

Begon met een telefonisch gesprek met recruiter, een face to face met recruiter, face to face met manager, presenteer businesscase aan de helft van managementteam, informeel sollicitatiegesprek met senior managers.

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter, a face to face with a recruiter, face to face with manager, present business case to half of management team, informal interview with senior managers.

Negotiation

niet heel professioneel uitgevoerd

Tactical Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Imperial Tobacco (Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)) in October 2009.

Interview

The first step :On advertisement I sent my CV and waited for some sort of communication from them.

Second step : I recieved a call from the recruiter for the telephonic interview time and date confirmation.

Third steop: As I did in tele phonic interview I was called for pre -assessment center face to face interview

Fourth step: If I will be short listed for the assessment center I will get a call or email.

Basically In Telephonic interview it was quite simple , as they asked few questions like

Why do you want to join this company

and rest they were more perticular about the Driving licence, do you have full clean driving lic. Do you have any points on that, like questions

Lastly they asked , if I will be ready to work on evenings and weekends if it is required, if Can i stay overnight out of London.

As I performed at this stage well they called me for the next stage;

Next stage was 1to 1 pre assessment center meet.

questions were like

Why have you applied for this position ?

Can you remember some situation were you have given commitment and sticked to it. How your
    commitment was helpful in boosting your sales ?

Have you ever know the business needs of the customer, how you have worked to get your benefit for it?

Have your personal rapport ever worked for the business needs ?

However the question were not very tough but at that perticular situation in that enviorment I felt like I should runaway from the room.

Interview Questions

• Can you remember a situation were you have given commitment and sticked to it. How your commitment was helpful in boosting your sales ?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever helped your colleagues while you were also working, how you did it ?

Answer Question