Imperial Tobacco

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Price & Forecast Analyst Interview

Oosterhout, North Brabant (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Imperial Tobacco in June 2012.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with a recruiter, a face to face with a recruiter, face to face with manager, present business case to half of management team, informal interview with senior managers.

Negotiation Details – not very professionally executed

Senior Telemarketing Interview

Bristol, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Imperial Tobacco in August 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews and a assessment day.
The assessment day consists of group exercises some role play on the job role. They are watching you all day. How you able to relate to the group and get your point accross.
Aswell as your listening skills, You need to shine all day

Interview Question – Lot's of example quesions so be prepared   Answer Question

Group Marketing Entry Level Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Imperial Tobacco in July 2012.

Interview Details – Assessment Centre
- one psycometric test
- drinks and dinner with the hiring team
- one on one interview with competency based questions
- Case Study + Presentation
- Role Play
- Group work + Group Presentation
- Surprise Exercise

Interview Question – From the people you were assessed with, who would you choose to hire and why?   Answer Question

Tactical Sales Executive Interview

Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Imperial Tobacco in October 2009.

Interview Details – The first step :On advertisement I sent my CV and waited for some sort of communication from them.

Second step : I recieved a call from the recruiter for the telephonic interview time and date confirmation.

Third steop: As I did in tele phonic interview I was called for pre -assessment center face to face interview

Fourth step: If I will be short listed for the assessment center I will get a call or email.

Basically In Telephonic interview it was quite simple , as they asked few questions like

Why do you want to join this company

and rest they were more perticular about the Driving licence, do you have full clean driving lic. Do you have any points on that, like questions

Lastly they asked , if I will be ready to work on evenings and weekends if it is required, if Can i stay overnight out of London.

As I performed at this stage well they called me for the next stage;

Next stage was 1to 1 pre assessment center meet.

questions were like

Why have you applied for this position ?

Can you remember some situation were you have given commitment and sticked to it. How your
commitment was helpful in boosting your sales ?

Have you ever know the business needs of the customer, how you have worked to get your benefit for it?

Have your personal rapport ever worked for the business needs ?

However the question were not very tough but at that perticular situation in that enviorment I felt like I should runaway from the room.

Interview Questions

• Can you remember a situation were you have given commitment and sticked to it. How your commitment was helpful in boosting your sales ?   View Answer
  • Have you ever helped your colleagues while you were also working, how you did it ?

Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Imperial Tobacco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Imperial Tobacco interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Imperial Tobacco employees and interview candidates.