Imperva

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Imperva in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted via a recruiter about the position. After an initial call, a follow-up with the HM was scheduled. The HM then did an in-depth technical interview touching on components of basic networking, security concepts, etc. A follow-up call with the skip-level was then scheduled and then rescheduled, although it went well once we had it. After the phone interviews, a F2F meeting was scheduled , which was ok, except for its brevity, and then ....nothing. Silence. After a month, I reached out to the recruiter, more curious than anything, and then the HM called back shortly afterwards. Apparently shuffling of management had delayed things, and my F2F wasn't that positive, although specific feedback wasn't forthcoming. After another phone interview, I haven't heard anything since.

Interview Question – Breakdown the interaction between a windows servers and AD when file handles are opened   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Imperva in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process took roughly one month. The hiring manager reached out me about the role. After a brief initial phone screening, i had a series of in person interviews at their HQ. I met with the inside sales Manager, Director of corporate sales, Director of inside sales and their corporate Recruiter. The feedback they gave was very positive and immediately they asked for references, typically a sign that they would like to hire. Prior to checking my references, they asked that i chat with their east coast field reps. After being stood up by one of the outside reps on 3 occasions (confirmed interview appointments), I was finally able to connect with the last outside sales rep. In the final phone interview with the rep, i was astonished to first be asked a ton of questions about how old i was, when i had graduated ect ect, prior to even discussing my experience. This was obviously a way of attempting to determine my age as a factor for employment, A DISCRIMINATORY (AND ILLEGAL) PRACTICE. After several attempts to avoid the question,i respectfully declined to answer as i felt this was completely inappropriate. I immediately made their corporate recruiter aware of these questions and tried to clarify if my age was being used as a factor in the decision. I was told by the recruiter that it was not a factor. The very next day i was told by the corporate recruiter that they had decided to pass on me because " I TALK TOO MUCH". I was both shocked and surprised by this decision considering the positive feedback i had received and the request for references. Please be aware that this company obviously is engaged in illegal discrimination in their hiring practices.

Interview Question – How old are you? When did you graduate?   View Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Imperva in April 2013.

Interview Details – INterview and Hiring process was fairly informal, and really more personality and background based than some other companies.

Negotiation Details – Very reasonable, and at par with other Silicon Valley cmpanies

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Imperva in April 2013.

Interview Details – They didn't interview me besides one brief conversation with the VP of the company

Interview Question – They didn't ask me any questions, or even for a resume for that matter.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they wouldn't negotiate. This should have been a warning sign for me.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Professional Services Consultant Interview

Senior Professional Services Consultant
Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Imperva in September 2009.

Interview Details – Went through two technical interviews, one trainer interview and a VP interview. It was the most grueling interview process I have ever been through. It's amazing I got the job out of ten applicants.

Interview Question – Why are manhole covers round?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Counter offer was turned down, was told the package was standard. Later I found out that somebody hired after me was able to negotiate a higher salary then me.

Senior Director of Product Strategy Interview

Senior Director of Product Strategy
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Imperva in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the Financial Analyst position via an online job board. I was called by an Imperva recruiter about a week later. He and I chatted for about 30 minutes about my background, and then he said he would review with his team and get back to me. About a day later he let me know they would like me to meet with the team in person. I went in and met with the reporting manger and the director at the same time for about an hour. About two days later they made me a job offer. I wasn't sure how I felt about the company and after letting the recruiter know this he set me up with a meeting with the CFO. I talked to the CFO for about 45 minutes and was very impressed with him and his knowledge.

Interview Question – I can't think of any questions they asked me that were difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was impressed with the people I meet at Imperva, but the negative reviews on Glassdoor and my lack of enthusiasm for the company's product made me decide to decline the offer. Additionally, I felt like the process was too quick and easy, like the company was desperate to hire anyone they could get their hands on with a good background.

Corporate Sales Interview

Corporate Sales
San Mateo, CA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Imperva in June 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with both the HR recruiter and the hiring manager. Both spent a lot of time selling me on the position while simultaneously questioning whether I was really willing to work East coast hours. Most of it was pleasant but when I casually mentioned the company sold an "appliance" (which appeared in their own marketing collateral) the HR recruiter told me that if I ever called Imperva a "hardware company" I would be shown the door. The next day I was told they hired someone who was referred by multiple internal employees. My advice ... don't mention the appliance, even if they still sell it.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work East coast hours?   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Imperva in October 2009.

Interview Details – There were two rounds of phone interview. Each went on for 1 hour.

First one was core technical interview. This one goes direct to technical questions after saying Hello.. Iam so and so and here to perform technical interview.... Can I go straight to questions... and start shooting questions for the rest of the hour. I enjoyed it and liked it. I made some wrong answers too.

Second one was with senior leadership who was reviewing my past experiences and was interested in reviewing my personalty and behavior. Went well and was told that I am qualified to go into final round of interview which will be f2f (face to face) and will be communicated with the time and date of f2f interview.

After 2 weeks the recruited called me to let me know that the budget that was allocated to East coast was moved to some other region for some strategic purposes and i was declined offer.

Interview Question – How did you hand the proof of concept to make sure you win the deal   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Imperva in January 2013.

Interview Details – I came in through a friend deal - first went to a QA TM for a technical interview which went ok I thought (nailed the questions after some thought), but probably not OK enough. Then another interview with a Support TM, a job I like better, that went ok too and I went to HR, where I allegedly threw just a bit too much dirt on my then-employer, whom at that point I had been having issues with. They heard my wage expectation which judging from their glance must have been a tad higher than expected.

Shortly after that I was curtly dismissed over the phone. The process took about three weeks and two visits. They were fair, I'm guessing I didn't shine bright enough professionally and didn't strike HR either. A shame, their company and the people I met (including my friend of course) seemed to make a great place to work in.

Interview Question – I said I was strong at TCP/IP so they tried to tackle me with some troubleshooting of that. Questions like why a connection started with packet that has a wrongly NATted source IP (disguised in the data) wasn't getting through.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Imperva in September 2013.

Interview Details – Got invited to an HR interview following applying in their website. The HR interview was quite personal and they ask many questions like "What do you want to do?" or "What are your weaknesses". Following the HR interview, I was invited to a technical interview which lasted approx. 2 hrs. The interview had a very good atmosphere and I managed to answer most of the questions correctly in one-shot. Unfortunatly, they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Question – Please describe the virtual mechanism of C++   Answer Question

Worked for Imperva? Contribute to the Community!