Imperva Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

3.2

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Imperva in February 2015.

I was referred by a current employee and applied through the website. I was contacted by the recruiter who was very professional and easy to speak with. My next step was a phone interview with the hiring manager who was also very enjoyable to speak with. I was given a project to complete and present to three people for my first onsite interview. I felt like this meeting went well and I was asked to demonstrate skills and knowledge of processes. The questions I was asked were very relevant to the position and showed that the rest of the team had a deep understanding of visual communication best practices. The next step was another onsite interview with three more members of the team which I felt went very well At that point I had already received an offer from another company. The hiring manager was not ready to make a decision so I accepted the other offer. My overall impression of the marketing team was very positive and it is a place that I would have liked to work.

Interview Questions
    • What type of visual projects do you really like to work on?   View Answer

Imperva Response

Mar 18, 2015Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to interview with our team. We are pleased to hear that your interview experience was an organized and positive one. Sorry that the timing with your offer did not work ... More

Senior Software Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Imperva in December 2014.

The interview process was in several steps. Started with HR and progressed to technical interviews with management and team members, and ends with Senior VP discussions. Very thorough and complete process that should be easy for those with proper experience. Each step was handled professionally and they are very accommodating to your schedule.

Interview Questions
    • General Linux administration questions. Examples of commands and shell scripting ability.   Answer Question
    • What type of networking skills do you posses? Go over subnets, netmasks, classes, etc.   Answer Question

I was not able to negotiate from the initial offer. The offer was good, but missing some compensation such as 401K matching.

Imperva Response

Jan 15, 2015Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your Imperva interview experience. Our goal is to always provide a friendly, professional, and organized interview process with a quick turn-around. Although we ... More

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Imperva.

The interview process at Imperva was organized and thorough. The people interviewing me were well prepared and asked good questions. They took the time to get to know me and let me get to know them. After each interview I was told what the next steps would be.

Interview Questions
    The initial offer was fair and I accepted.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Imperva.

Applied via Glassdoor. Contacted and pre-screened by recruiting contractor who was actually nice and helpful. A week later, had F2F with a few IT employees. Very friendly and relaxing atmosphere. A few technical questions on DBA and network administration skills, but very straightforward and no 'trick' questions.
    About a week 2 weeks passed, then I was brought back in for a final interview/intro to the IT team.
    Overall, great interview process. Got the position and accepted their offer.

Interview Questions
    • Outside of work, how do you incorporate technology into your everyday life?   View Answer
    Fair and equitable.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Imperva in November 2013.

The process took roughly one month. The hiring manager reached out me about the role. After a brief initial phone screening, i had a series of in person interviews at their HQ. I met with the inside sales Manager, Director of corporate sales, Director of inside sales and their corporate Recruiter. The feedback they gave was very positive and immediately they asked for references, typically a sign that they would like to hire. Prior to checking my references, they asked that i chat with their east coast field reps. After being stood up by one of the outside reps on 3 occasions (confirmed interview appointments), I was finally able to connect with the last outside sales rep. In the final phone interview with the rep, i was astonished to first be asked a ton of questions about how old i was, when i had graduated ect ect, prior to even discussing my experience. This was obviously a way of attempting to determine my age as a factor for employment, A DISCRIMINATORY (AND ILLEGAL) PRACTICE. After several attempts to avoid the question,i respectfully declined to answer as i felt this was completely inappropriate. I immediately made their corporate recruiter aware of these questions and tried to clarify if my age was being used as a factor in the decision. I was told by the recruiter that it was not a factor. The very next day i was told by the corporate recruiter that they had decided to pass on me because " I TALK TOO MUCH". I was both shocked and surprised by this decision considering the positive feedback i had received and the request for references. Please be aware that this company obviously is engaged in illegal discrimination in their hiring practices.

Interview Questions
    • How old are you? When did you graduate?   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Imperva in August 2013.

I was contacted via a recruiter about the position. After an initial call, a follow-up with the HM was scheduled. The HM then did an in-depth technical interview touching on components of basic networking, security concepts, etc. A follow-up call with the skip-level was then scheduled and then rescheduled, although it went well once we had it. After the phone interviews, a F2F meeting was scheduled , which was ok, except for its brevity, and then ....nothing. Silence. After a month, I reached out to the recruiter, more curious than anything, and then the HM called back shortly afterwards. Apparently shuffling of management had delayed things, and my F2F wasn't that positive, although specific feedback wasn't forthcoming. After another phone interview, I haven't heard anything since.

Interview Questions
    • Breakdown the interaction between a windows servers and AD when file handles are opened   Answer Question

Senior Director of Product Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Imperva in April 2013.

I applied for the Financial Analyst position via an online job board. I was called by an Imperva recruiter about a week later. He and I chatted for about 30 minutes about my background, and then he said he would review with his team and get back to me. About a day later he let me know they would like me to meet with the team in person. I went in and met with the reporting manger and the director at the same time for about an hour. About two days later they made me a job offer. I wasn't sure how I felt about the company and after letting the recruiter know this he set me up with a meeting with the CFO. I talked to the CFO for about 45 minutes and was very impressed with him and his knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of any questions they asked me that were difficult to answer.   Answer Question

I was impressed with the people I meet at Imperva, but the negative reviews on Glassdoor and my lack of enthusiasm for the company's product made me decide to decline the offer. Additionally, I felt like the process was too quick and easy, like the company was desperate to hire anyone they could get their hands on with a good background.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Imperva in April 2013.

They didn't interview me besides one brief conversation with the VP of the company

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask me any questions, or even for a resume for that matter.   Answer Question
    they wouldn't negotiate. This should have been a warning sign for me.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Imperva in April 2013.

INterview and Hiring process was fairly informal, and really more personality and background based than some other companies.

Very reasonable, and at par with other Silicon Valley cmpanies

Corporate Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Imperva in June 2010.

I interviewed with both the HR recruiter and the hiring manager. Both spent a lot of time selling me on the position while simultaneously questioning whether I was really willing to work East coast hours. Most of it was pleasant but when I casually mentioned the company sold an "appliance" (which appeared in their own marketing collateral) the HR recruiter told me that if I ever called Imperva a "hardware company" I would be shown the door. The next day I was told they hired someone who was referred by multiple internal employees. My advice ... don't mention the appliance, even if they still sell it.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work East coast hours?   View Answer