In-N-Out Burger

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – i was hired in high school, and got an interview with the store manager through knowing a few of the associates already employed. generally, there's first interviews with lower-level management, and they decide to proceed with a second interview or to move in another direction.

Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – They had a career job fair since they were just opening up a new location.

Interview Question – How will your last job help you with this one?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in November 2013.

Interview Details – A new location was opening up and open interviews took place in the span of two days. Interviews took place at a hotel with many employees there to greet and direct you on where to go. They seat you in a main area until a manager is free to interview you. The first round of interviews was a group interview, with 3-4 people. They ask you basic questions. If you don't make it to the second interview, they will keep the slip of paper you initially filled out and shake your hand. If you do go onto the next interview, they will let you hold onto your piece of paper and let you wait until another employee sits down with you. The second interview questions are personal as they go over your resume and ask questions about you. I heard there were three rounds of interviews and I didn't get to go on to the next round unfortunately. They said they will call applicants by a certain day and if you don't get a call, they have moved on.

Interview Question – How did you handle a stressful situation?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chino Hills, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – I went to the store I wanted to get a job at, asked for the manager told her I applied online, she then made an appointment for the interview.

Interview Question – What has been a tough situation for you and how did you overcome it?   View Answer

Santee, CA

Interviewed at In-N-Out Burger

Interview Details – Showed up and had to wait 45 minutes past my scheduled interview time just to eventually talk to a "manager" who looked about 19 years old for 5 minutes. Huge waste of my time. Furthermore, none of the people working seemed to have the slightest idea of who was in charge of the place.

Interview Question – None. The hardest part was waiting around while barely being acknowledged by anyone in the store.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – Filled out an online form and got a call for a face to face interview 3 or 4 days later. Was told to that they would be interviewing more people, so they would call me the next week to tell me whether or not I got the job. I haven't received a call yet.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward for the most part. Most of the questions were personal questions, so they were pretty easy.   Answer Question

American Fork, UT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in May 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was really laid back. Stay positive and smile a lot. Dressed in business attire.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, just the regular interview questions that were asked. Why here? What are your future plans?   Answer Question

Highland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in March 2012.

Interview Details – In n Out was opening a new franchise in town and there was a flyer distribution for job openings at the new location.
There was hundreds of candidates lined up for the open interviews, which was a two day selection.
The wait was about an hour for an interview which was a group of 4 interview. The interviewer seemed to not want to be there and therefore asked two questions each before calling over the next group.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time or experience when you had to achieve over an obstacle?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – I went in for a casual interview during the afternoon, not during peak hours. It was short, one-on-one, and pretty easy. Very few questions.

Interview Question – There were no questions I did not expect.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – I applied online, went in for the walk-in interview, and got called 3 hours later with a job offer.

Interview Question – How do you deal with stress?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at In-N-Out Burger

Worked for In-N-Out Burger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at In-N-Out Burger Associate interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by In-N-Out Burger employees and interview candidates.