In-N-Out Burger

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in June 2014.

Interview Details – Had my friend refer me and I got my interview the next day. It was a two round interview that were two days apart. One with the shift manager and the second with the store manager.

Interview Question – What's an example of how you lead a team?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in April 2014.

Interview Details – Apply online, then go to the location on the specified day (from the website) and wait to be interviewed. Standard behavioral questions are asked; tell me about a time...; what would you do if....; etc. Tell about previous job history and future goals.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – A new store opened in my town. Thousands of people were interviewed during a one week period. The interviews were held in the banquet hall of a nearby hotel. The hall was divided into three different sections. I had three interviews on the spot. The first, you walk in and sit at a table. The second, you enter a new room, where you are interviewed by another manager. The third, you are interviewed by a panel of three people, store manager, supervisor etc.

Interview Question – The most important thing is to be very friendly and smile. Smiles and friendliness are extremely important to this company. There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online on a Sunday, got a call on Wednesday for an interview the next day. Wore a white polo with some jeans, got there about 15 minutes early. The cashier had me write my name down and told me to sit at a table and he'd come to me. So about 5-10 minutes later, this young looking guy comes out and the first thing he asks is tell me about yourself. Then he asked questions about my availability, extra curricular activities, my best trait, my worst trait, why I want to work there etc. it took about 10 minutes at most. He told me he wanted to see me hired so he set me up for an interview with the store manager on Monday. So on Monday, I come in with the same polo and now some khakis, reading for this interview. It's set for 4:45 but I get tree at 4:30. I tell the cashier and sit at a table and no one has come out by 5:30, so I ask some worker whose mopping the floor. She tells the manager and 5 minutes later he comes out and apologizes and says that there was a shift change and the cashier forgot to tell him. So he has me sit outside with him and asks me about the same stuff except he also asked me about what characteristic I would bring to in n out, how I used my communication skills to work as a team, etc. my answers were alright but not as great as they could have been(maybe since I got bored from the wait). So by the end, when he asked if I had questions, I asked him how he got to his position, if it's hard to learn the ropes, and what the next step is from here. He told me that he has other interviews over the course of this week and the next so he'll call by the end of next week to tell me where I'm at. I don't really expect a call since there's more qualified people(I'm a 16 year old junior), but I might so oh well.

Interview Questions

• What's your beat trait?   View Answer
  • On the flip side, if you had a magic wand and could is something about yourself, what would it be?(it was actually worded like this)   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in March 2014.

Interview Details – I started by showing my face there, six times until i actually scored an interview date. In & Out Burger's don't have telephones, you so have to go there in person. I would talk to a manager (they seem to have an extraordinary amount of them,) give them a copy of my application and resumè, and be told to come back a different time to talk to someone else. My application online didn't go through, so always save it before submission, so that you can give them paper copies. Finally, I had an interview. It was really relaxed, we just sat at a empty table outside and he went down my resumè and asked me questions about job experience and background. He asked "what do you think you add to the team here" and something about being a leader or follower. It lasted maybe 15-20 minutes, and they never called (although I was told I would hear from them in a few days,) so I went in and got a "no" from them in person. Good experience, although not a very efficient process for me.

Interview Question – None really. All very easy, general interview questions.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – i was hired in high school, and got an interview with the store manager through knowing a few of the associates already employed. generally, there's first interviews with lower-level management, and they decide to proceed with a second interview or to move in another direction.

Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – They had a career job fair since they were just opening up a new location.

Interview Question – How will your last job help you with this one?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in November 2013.

Interview Details – A new location was opening up and open interviews took place in the span of two days. Interviews took place at a hotel with many employees there to greet and direct you on where to go. They seat you in a main area until a manager is free to interview you. The first round of interviews was a group interview, with 3-4 people. They ask you basic questions. If you don't make it to the second interview, they will keep the slip of paper you initially filled out and shake your hand. If you do go onto the next interview, they will let you hold onto your piece of paper and let you wait until another employee sits down with you. The second interview questions are personal as they go over your resume and ask questions about you. I heard there were three rounds of interviews and I didn't get to go on to the next round unfortunately. They said they will call applicants by a certain day and if you don't get a call, they have moved on.

Interview Question – How did you handle a stressful situation?   Answer Question

Chino Hills, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – I went to the store I wanted to get a job at, asked for the manager told her I applied online, she then made an appointment for the interview.

Interview Question – What has been a tough situation for you and how did you overcome it?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Santee, CA

Interviewed at In-N-Out Burger

Interview Details – Showed up and had to wait 45 minutes past my scheduled interview time just to eventually talk to a "manager" who looked about 19 years old for 5 minutes. Huge waste of my time. Furthermore, none of the people working seemed to have the slightest idea of who was in charge of the place.

Interview Question – None. The hardest part was waiting around while barely being acknowledged by anyone in the store.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at In-N-Out Burger

Worked for In-N-Out Burger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at In-N-Out Burger Associate interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by In-N-Out Burger employees and interview candidates.