In-N-Out Burger

Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.1

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in October 2014.

I applied online through their opening soon page. I got an email for an interview a few days later at a different store location (since this store hasn't been opened yet), I had an interview with the assistant manager, or something similar (forgot to ask what title she is). It was a super easy, laid back interview. She just asked me why I want to work at In N Out, what I like to do in my free time, basic questions like that. I was then invited right after the first interview ended to go to a second interview with the store manager that was held a few days later. The second interview went awful, in my opinion. He asked me the same questions the other person did and situational questions. I really struggled with answering what I know about the company, even though In N Out is, hands down, my favorite food place. Surprisingly, they called me back about a week later offering me the position and I of course accepted.

Interview Questions
Didn't even think of negotiating. I wanted to work for the company because I love it so much, would've been happy working minimum wage.
Smile, like others say. They're looking for outgoing, energetic people. So even though my interview was bad, I think having open availability and me showing my personality helped get me the job.

Other Interview Reviews for In-N-Out Burger

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in August 2014.

its basically working your way up through the management. They are nice but they are looking for specific traits like outgoingness and clean cut look. Experience is a big deal to them.

Interview Questions
    • Just be sure to ask a lot of questions at the end   View Answer

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

A new store opened in my town. Thousands of people were interviewed during a one week period. The interviews were held in the banquet hall of a nearby hotel. The hall was divided into three different sections. I had three interviews on the spot. The first, you walk in and sit at a table. The second, you enter a new room, where you are interviewed by another manager. The third, you are interviewed by a panel of three people, store manager, supervisor etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most important thing is to be very friendly and smile. Smiles and friendliness are extremely important to this company. There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in June 2014.

Had my friend refer me and I got my interview the next day. It was a two round interview that were two days apart. One with the shift manager and the second with the store manager.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in May 2014.

Applied online on a Sunday, got a call on Wednesday for an interview the next day. Wore a white polo with some jeans, got there about 15 minutes early. The cashier had me write my name down and told me to sit at a table and he'd come to me. So about 5-10 minutes later, this young looking guy comes out and the first thing he asks is tell me about yourself. Then he asked questions about my availability, extra curricular activities, my best trait, my worst trait, why I want to work there etc. it took about 10 minutes at most. He told me he wanted to see me hired so he set me up for an interview with the store manager on Monday. So on Monday, I come in with the same polo and now some khakis, reading for this interview. It's set for 4:45 but I get tree at 4:30. I tell the cashier and sit at a table and no one has come out by 5:30, so I ask some worker whose mopping the floor. She tells the manager and 5 minutes later he comes out and apologizes and says that there was a shift change and the cashier forgot to tell him. So he has me sit outside with him and asks me about the same stuff except he also asked me about what characteristic I would bring to in n out, how I used my communication skills to work as a team, etc. my answers were alright but not as great as they could have been(maybe since I got bored from the wait). So by the end, when he asked if I had questions, I asked him how he got to his position, if it's hard to learn the ropes, and what the next step is from here. He told me that he has other interviews over the course of this week and the next so he'll call by the end of next week to tell me where I'm at. I don't really expect a call since there's more qualified people(I'm a 16 year old junior), but I might so oh well.

Interview Questions
    • What's your beat trait?   View Answer
    • On the flip side, if you had a magic wand and could is something about yourself, what would it be?(it was actually worded like this)   View Answer

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in April 2014.

Apply online, then go to the location on the specified day (from the website) and wait to be interviewed. Standard behavioral questions are asked; tell me about a time...; what would you do if....; etc. Tell about previous job history and future goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

i was hired in high school, and got an interview with the store manager through knowing a few of the associates already employed. generally, there's first interviews with lower-level management, and they decide to proceed with a second interview or to move in another direction.

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in March 2014.

I started by showing my face there, six times until i actually scored an interview date. In & Out Burger's don't have telephones, you so have to go there in person. I would talk to a manager (they seem to have an extraordinary amount of them,) give them a copy of my application and resumè, and be told to come back a different time to talk to someone else. My application online didn't go through, so always save it before submission, so that you can give them paper copies. Finally, I had an interview. It was really relaxed, we just sat at a empty table outside and he went down my resumè and asked me questions about job experience and background. He asked "what do you think you add to the team here" and something about being a leader or follower. It lasted maybe 15-20 minutes, and they never called (although I was told I would hear from them in a few days,) so I went in and got a "no" from them in person. Good experience, although not a very efficient process for me.

Interview Questions
    • None really. All very easy, general interview questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

They had a career job fair since they were just opening up a new location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

I went to the store I wanted to get a job at, asked for the manager told her I applied online, she then made an appointment for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What has been a tough situation for you and how did you overcome it?   View Answer