In-N-Out Burger Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very difficult to get a job unless you know somebody. Usually takes 3 or more interviews before being hired. Most important piece of advice from a current employee is to not give up and keep following up, managers love initiative and perseverance.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    How do you handle stress?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for In-N-Out Burger

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

Soon after I applied, I received an email inviting me to a group interview at a certain time. The interview was quite informal. We sat outside and the assistant manager went through a few questions with each of us. However, they didn't like that I could only work for the summer. Apparently they look for long term employees.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

I applied online and filled out the information. I ended up receiving a phone call discussing a time for me to come in and have an interview. I came in, met with one of the managers, sat down and talked things over. Benefits, expectations, job requirements, culture, history, stuff like that.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their opening soon page. I got an email for an interview a few days later at a different store location (since this store hasn't been opened yet), I had an interview with the assistant manager, or something similar (forgot to ask what title she is). It was a super easy, laid back interview. She just asked me why I want to work at In N Out, what I like to do in my free time, basic questions like that. I was then invited right after the first interview ended to go to a second interview with the store manager that was held a few days later. The second interview went awful, in my opinion. He asked me the same questions the other person did and situational questions. I really struggled with answering what I know about the company, even though In N Out is, hands down, my favorite food place. Surprisingly, they called me back about a week later offering me the position and I of course accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't even think of negotiating. I wanted to work for the company because I love it so much, would've been happy working minimum wage.
    Smile, like others say. They're looking for outgoing, energetic people. So even though my interview was bad, I think having open availability and me showing my personality helped get me the job.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in August 2014.

Interview

its basically working your way up through the management. They are nice but they are looking for specific traits like outgoingness and clean cut look. Experience is a big deal to them.

Interview Questions

• Just be sure to ask a lot of questions at the end   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Submit resume and application online. Called in for an interview. Very casual and usually done outside on the patio. Takes about 20 minutes. Ask you general questions. The most important tip is to SMILE. Thats all they wanna see. There are so many unqualified people that get hired but if you have a nice smile and a positive attitude, you will get hired.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

A new store opened in my town. Thousands of people were interviewed during a one week period. The interviews were held in the banquet hall of a nearby hotel. The hall was divided into three different sections. I had three interviews on the spot. The first, you walk in and sit at a table. The second, you enter a new room, where you are interviewed by another manager. The third, you are interviewed by a panel of three people, store manager, supervisor etc.

Interview Questions

• The most important thing is to be very friendly and smile. Smiles and friendliness are extremely important to this company. There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in June 2014.

Interview

Had my friend refer me and I got my interview the next day. It was a two round interview that were two days apart. One with the shift manager and the second with the store manager.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online on a Sunday, got a call on Wednesday for an interview the next day. Wore a white polo with some jeans, got there about 15 minutes early. The cashier had me write my name down and told me to sit at a table and he'd come to me. So about 5-10 minutes later, this young looking guy comes out and the first thing he asks is tell me about yourself. Then he asked questions about my availability, extra curricular activities, my best trait, my worst trait, why I want to work there etc. it took about 10 minutes at most. He told me he wanted to see me hired so he set me up for an interview with the store manager on Monday. So on Monday, I come in with the same polo and now some khakis, reading for this interview. It's set for 4:45 but I get tree at 4:30. I tell the cashier and sit at a table and no one has come out by 5:30, so I ask some worker whose mopping the floor. She tells the manager and 5 minutes later he comes out and apologizes and says that there was a shift change and the cashier forgot to tell him. So he has me sit outside with him and asks me about the same stuff except he also asked me about what characteristic I would bring to in n out, how I used my communication skills to work as a team, etc. my answers were alright but not as great as they could have been(maybe since I got bored from the wait). So by the end, when he asked if I had questions, I asked him how he got to his position, if it's hard to learn the ropes, and what the next step is from here. He told me that he has other interviews over the course of this week and the next so he'll call by the end of next week to tell me where I'm at. I don't really expect a call since there's more qualified people(I'm a 16 year old junior), but I might so oh well.

Interview Questions

• What's your beat trait?   1 Answer
    • On the flip side, if you had a magic wand and could is something about yourself, what would it be?(it was actually worded like this)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Pomona, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

4 Interviews total:
    1st interview: took place outside. Group interview with 9 - 10 people. After that, the ones who proved they met a certain characteristic were chosen to stay for a second smaller group interview of around 4 people.

2nd Interview: Smaller group with 4 people , asked similar questions to both. Lasted around 10 minutes then we were open to leave. If you were liked then you were called back within 48 hours. I was called bak within 3 hours.

3rd Interview: was individual with the person in charge for hiring. Asked simple, standard interview questions.

4th Interview: Interview with the general manager and assistant manager who were in charge of the area where i was getting hired at. More in depth interview questions. Lasted around 10 minutes. Said to expect a call within a week if i was chosen. Was called back within a day.

Interview Questions

• Q: Who are you and what are your hobbies?

Q: Who has been an inspirational person to you? or someone you look up too who has motivated you?

Q: Why do you like in n out?

Q: What can you bring to this store if we hire you?

Answer Question