In-N-Out Burger

58 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Level I Associate Interview

Temecula, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – Ask to give your resume to the manager, you might have to wait a while for him/her to be available (especially during a rush, come around 4/430). If you are in high school and have good grades attach a transcript to your resume. The first interview is with the 2nd or 3rd manager and the last interview is with the store manager. All the questions are pretty basic, want to know how long you can commit for, if you want to grow in the company, your work ethic, etc.

Interview Question – Not very hard questions at all, I think the most difficult was "What is a difficult situation you have been in and how did you over come it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, it is pretty structured. You start with cleaning the dining room and work your way up.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – i was hired in high school, and got an interview with the store manager through knowing a few of the associates already employed. generally, there's first interviews with lower-level management, and they decide to proceed with a second interview or to move in another direction.

Entry Level Interview

Interviewed at In-N-Out Burger

Interview Details – I had two interviews and they were pretty short. This was however, about five years ago. The questions are most likely different compared to todays. I just got asked the general tell me about yourself, hobbies, and why you want to work here from what I remember. The questions aren't hard. You just have to be honest.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself and your hobbies?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – They had a career job fair since they were just opening up a new location.

Interview Question – How will your last job help you with this one?   Answer Question

Level IV Interview

Level IV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – 2 interviews; both laid back and low stress. The first was done by the actual store manager and the hiring interview by the shift manager. I was offered the job right after the second interview.

Interview Question – What do you do?   Answer Question

Level III Interview

Level III
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – Just be yourself and SMILE (it's part of the uniform). In-N-Out is full of diverse, happy and optimistic individuals.

Interview Question – Unsure   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in November 2013.

Interview Details – A new location was opening up and open interviews took place in the span of two days. Interviews took place at a hotel with many employees there to greet and direct you on where to go. They seat you in a main area until a manager is free to interview you. The first round of interviews was a group interview, with 3-4 people. They ask you basic questions. If you don't make it to the second interview, they will keep the slip of paper you initially filled out and shake your hand. If you do go onto the next interview, they will let you hold onto your piece of paper and let you wait until another employee sits down with you. The second interview questions are personal as they go over your resume and ask questions about you. I heard there were three rounds of interviews and I didn't get to go on to the next round unfortunately. They said they will call applicants by a certain day and if you don't get a call, they have moved on.

Interview Question – How did you handle a stressful situation?   Answer Question

Chino Hills, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – I went to the store I wanted to get a job at, asked for the manager told her I applied online, she then made an appointment for the interview.

Interview Question – What has been a tough situation for you and how did you overcome it?   View Answer

Santee, CA

Interviewed at In-N-Out Burger

Interview Details – Showed up and had to wait 45 minutes past my scheduled interview time just to eventually talk to a "manager" who looked about 19 years old for 5 minutes. Huge waste of my time. Furthermore, none of the people working seemed to have the slightest idea of who was in charge of the place.

Interview Question – None. The hardest part was waiting around while barely being acknowledged by anyone in the store.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Palmdale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview Details – Smile a lot it will be part of your uniform. Make sure no visible tattoos, you will not get the job and have solid eyewear if you get the job they will make you get new ones if your glasses have special or colorful.

Interview Question – They want to see how you would react to rude customers try to bring up examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation its a base pay and you have to work more then 35 hrs to get full time but it wont happen no more full time employees will be hired. Hrs are getting cut in stores.

Interviews for Top Jobs at In-N-Out Burger

Worked for In-N-Out Burger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at In-N-Out Burger interview questions and advice. All 58 interview reviews posted anonymously by In-N-Out Burger employees and interview candidates.