In-N-Out Burger Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Open Interviews are scheduled on Wednesdays from 4:30 to 5:30. As long as an application is already sent via online, you are free to come during that time slot for an interview. Depending on how the first interview go, you will be granted a second interview which most likely ensures you have the job. The first interview is more general while the second interview taps in and get into specific skills and scenarios that define you as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you think you are worthy of the job? Q: What attracted you to applying here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online, got a call and went in for an interview. We sat down at a table outside and she asked me questions, mainly about why I wanted to work there and "name a time when..." situations. She was very nice, and although I dressed up the interview was pretty casual. She said there that she liked me and would like to schedule a second interview, but because I was looking for a temporary job she said she would ask the other manager about hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strengths? What is one of your weaknesses? What is a specific time that you provided good service? Why do you want to work at In-N-Out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Oakland, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

They called me in by a group and then I got asked Individually. It was a great interview. The people are amazing and so nice. By far one of the best interviews I have ever had. They are very invested in your success.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Novato, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online, and was contacted within a week to schedule my first interview. Upon completing the interview with an assistant manager, I was asked to return the next week for another interview the next week with the store manager. Right as the interview ended, the manager gave me an offer. Both interviews were about 15 minutes each and were relatively easy, with the same kinds of questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

You meet with a manager and have a conversation. Typical interview type questions. You don't have to wait long for someone to come out. The interview was 1 on 1. Very casual. Be genuine, and smile.

In N Out Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

For my 1st job interview ever, it went great! It was a group interview with 3 other applicants. The interviewer was a store associate with 6 years of experience. She was very sweet and passionate about her job. The interview process was less of an interview and more of a conversation. She was intrigued on what we do one our free time and past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to do teamwork   1 Answer

Entry Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Northridge, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

show up meet the ceo and head programmer. spoke about strengths and weaknesses. the questions were very personal and centered around my home life and my family. The company seems to care about your family as much as your skills here. We did go over several questions about design patterns.

Associate Level I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 weeks went by without hearing from them. I assumed I wouldn't get a shot at an interview but one day get THE call and my interview is scheduled for the day after tomorrow. I get to the store and ask for the manager, she acknowledges me and asks me to wait a few minutes while she frees up. A couple of minutes later she comes out and we i troduce each other with a firm handshake and smiles (remember to smile!), I follow her outside and sit on one of the benches and the onterview begins. She was super friendly! She began by asking me to tell her about myself and my past work experience. luckily I had a copy of my resume with me just in case she might ask for it (which she did), she looked it over and asked me to describe a situation where I demonstrated "leadership skills". I was so nervous that I choked on the first 2 questions!! She told me it was ok to take my time. She then asked why I wanted to work for In-n-out and what i knew about the company. I tried to stay composed and friendly and answered the questions quoting statistical data and curious facts about the company (she loved this because it showed I was genuinely interested and had done my research). In the end she told me that if I didn't receive a call by the following 3 days my application would not move forward, I apologized for being so nervous and she told me not to worry that the 2nd interview mattered the most and that I had to really impress the store manager IF I got a call back. That same night she called me back to go in for a 2nd interview the following day!! She offered pointers, told me to dress nicely just like today, to not be so nervous and smile more because I have a beautiful smile :). I was really nervous during the second interview but it turned out to be less intimidating! The manager really made me feel welcomed and at ease, he was interested in what I studied and did for fun as well as why I picked this fast-food chain in particular. I was honest and showed my knowledge about the company. He was really impressed and told me the job was mine if i wanted it!! He called me that evening and told me to come in 2 days later for paperwork. Overall a great experience, management is super friendly! I'm really thankful the first manager that interviewed me was able to see past my nervousness to realize I had potential and gave me a shot.

Store Associate Interview

Interview

The interviewer was very understanding, friendly and nice. I was a few minutes late, but the interview went well. None of the questions were unexpected. The questions were very straight-forward. I was called a few days later and I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work for In N Out over another job?   Answer Question

Custodial (Clean-Up) Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online. Process took about a week. I got a call asking if i could attend a interview. Next day I went into the store in which i applied for and waited about fifteen minutes. Then i got interviewed by the store manager in which the process took about fifteen minutes.