In-N-Out Burger

2.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in November 2014.

You go through 3 interviews if they like you. The process took maybe a week's time. Just smile and be upbeat and they'll love you! I applied online and got a call back 4 days later. They were very open, happy, and love to talk.

Other Interview Reviews for In-N-Out Burger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in August 2014.

I applied online and went to the interview after getting a call from the restaurant. I had to wait at least 10 minutes passed my interview time until the general manager and assistant manager came out and told me to go outside. They asked me a lot of questions pertaining to school, my volunteer work, as well as my work experience. I tried my best to answer them as confidently as possible but got flustered near the end because he kept on firing questions at me at a rapid pace. In the end, he told me that he'd call over the weekend if he decided on individuals who would proceed to the next round. But if he doesn't call by Monday, I'd know that I wouldn't get a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in June 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call 2-3 weeks later. I was given a time to come in to the restaurant. When I came in, I asked one of the associates to let the manager know I was there. I then took a seat and waited. The associate I had talked to earlier came by and told me that sometimes they make you wait. I guess they want to see how dedicated you are. About 20 minutes after the scheduled time, the manager and assistant manager came out. We sat in a booth for the interview, and I was asked pretty standard questions, "Tell me about yourself", etc. They said they needed to hire several employees. I guess by the middle of June all their employees (college kids) have left town and they need new people to work. The managers seemed nice enough.

Interview Questions
    • If offered a job, how long do you plan to work here?   View Answer

Store Associate Interview

If you want an interview, the regional specialist said that you needed to apply online, but you will only get an interview if you go into the store and introduce yourself to the manager. They won't offer you an interview otherwise; my case was rather rare. He said you need to be persistent and bug the manager until they give you an interview. Also, having references from someone working there helps a lot.

I applied online and about 3 weeks later got an email inviting me to a group interview at 8:30 AM the following Saturday. There were 28 people that showed up in all. We were interviewed by the regional specialist. He said that if we were hired, we would train for 3 months at the store that we applied at, then would be transfered to a new location that was opening soon, which was a surprise. Then he took us outside in groups of 6 or 8, where he asked one question to each individual person, then one question open to the group. At the end of that, to the candidates that he didn't like, he said thank you and if you don't hear back from us in a few days, then the position has been filled. After they left, we went back inside and waited for him to interview the rest of the candidates. Then, 12 people were left and we all went outside and he asked group questions that anyone could answer. He talked a lot about what is value, how would you handle a situation if.., then when we were done he took our names down and gave us a time to come to a 1 on 1 interview the next day. He gave that interview to 10 out of the 12 people.

Interview Questions
    • The first round was to basically weed out people. He just wanted to see that you had good body language, know how to answer questions (don't go on tangents or speak just to say something) and SMILE. Questions I remember are: "Give an example of how you had to persuade someone?" "What makes you happy?" "What do you enjoy doing most at work or school?" "What is one quality that you could change about yourself to make you a better leader?" "What is a time that you have received feedback?" "Give an example of a stressful situation that you have been in." "Give an example of you having been a leader."

The second phase was more of a conversation. He wanted to know what it meant to value something, good qualities of a leader, what would you do if you needed to make sure that there weren't any, say, cigarette burns on the trash can lid.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in May 2014.

I applied online and took in my resume the next day. A few employees referred me. The next day I received a call and was asked to come in for an interview that day. The first interview went really well. My interviewer was super nice and made me feel comfortable. Her questions covered my work experience, school (favorite classes in high school), college class schedule, personal qualities, customer service, and how I deal with angry customers. I was then invited to come back for a second interview, and this is where things got messed up. I was initially told Monday, but then she asked if Tuesday would work. I said yes and I wrote down the time and day, which was Tuesday at 3:00. Later that day I turned down an interview from another company who wanted me to come at the exact same time, which could not be changed. I decided to pursue In-N-Out.

I come in on Tuesday, and the first thing I hear is "you were the guy who was supposed to come yesterday." I did not want to argue, so I did not explain myself. I just said I was told today at 3:00. Employees on their break were looking over at me and laughing when I took a seat, so I was pretty thrown off for the interview. It felt like a casual conversation. I was asked about specific classes I was taking, to tell her about myself, and was not asked why I chose In-N-Out, about customer service, or about my work experience. At the end she said I would hear from her in a few days, but I didn't. It was just an unfortunate mix-up.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, but the one I struggled the most with was, "tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Smile a lot it will be part of your uniform. Make sure no visible tattoos, you will not get the job and have solid eyewear if you get the job they will make you get new ones if your glasses have special or colorful.

Interview Questions
    • They want to see how you would react to rude customers try to bring up examples.   Answer Question
    No negotiation its a base pay and you have to work more then 35 hrs to get full time but it wont happen no more full time employees will be hired. Hrs are getting cut in stores.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in August 2013.

easy interview and application. i applied online, didn't get an email so i went in to the store and told them i submitted an app and they told me to come in the next day for an interview with the assistant store manager and then when i came in the next day they told me to come again the day after for my second interview with the store manager and thats when she told me that i got the job. easy questions. i brought in my resume and my grades from the last semester also (I'm a senior in hs)

Interview Questions
    • honestly no out of the box questions, just things like why did you quit your last job, why do you want to work here, what do you think is the most important thing about in n out, etc.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in May 2013.

I applied online and within 2 days I got a call from the manager asking if I was still interested and we set up an interview for 3 days later. It's time for the interview and I get there 30 mins. Early and end up having my interview earlier than expected by 2 of the 3 store managers. They were very friendly and asked me simple questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work at in n out, why do you think you are right for the job... Overall an easy layed back interview and they explained what the job duties were and told me they would be calling me in a few days...about 4 days went by and I got the call with a job offer that I accepted. :)

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected but my least favorite was describing a time I had to deal with an I-rate customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turlock, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turlock, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

I was hired at a store opening. The store manager visited my high school and talked about the company culture, history, and pay. Went to open interviews and met with about 3-4 different people who interviewed me and asked me questions about my experience, career objectives, and personality.

No negotiating phase. All associates start as a level 1 assocaite at the same rate of pay and you have to work your way up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at In-N-Out Burger in February 2012.

After applying online, they had open interviews set up on specific days. I went to one and there were multiple interviews going on because it was an open interview but each person still got a 1 on 1 interview. They printed out my online application and the interviewer asked me some questions based off it such as my past work experience and school. He also asked why I wanted to work at In-n-Out, what I see myself doing in the future, what times I would be available, and other common interview questions. Be sure to be friendly and happy and make sure to smile A LOT. The interview overall was a good experience although I didn't get a call back, which most likely was due to my naive response to the question of how long I would work there (I said 6 months to a year). They definitely seem to be looking for long term people who will stay with and grow with the company.