In-N-Out Burger Store Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.3

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

short - within 2 weeks. Got called to come in for an in-person interview which was done in the dining area. It depends on which manager you get to interview you, mine was a bit intimidating as he conducted it after a lunch rush which could be why he was somewhat agitated.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for In-N-Out Burger

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

I applied online but went to my local store on a Saturday to ask to follow up on my application. I was then greeted by one of the managers and was told that she would call me by Monday to set up an interview. Monday comes and no call from her. I went back to the store and spoke with a different manager and explained the situation. She then asked if I could come in the following Wednesday for an interview. Wednesday comes, I go for my interview and I am informed that the manager who was supposed to interview me is not in and I was asked to come back Friday. So I come back Friday and finally get my one on one interview. It was outside and only lasted about ten minutes. I could tell the interview wasnt going anywhere. She then told me that if i didnt get a call by that Friday then the position has been filled, but told me not to be discouraged and to apply to other ones. She ended the interview abruptly and shook my hand and dismissed herself. Im glad i have my interview but it was too much of a hassle to have a 10 minute interview. Pretty sure I won't get a call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you demonstrated leadership.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Laguna Hills, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online to three different locations and was called in for an interview the next day. It was very laid back and the guy that interviewed me was really nice. Lasted about 15 minutes and he told me he would call me for a follow up. Later that day I was called for a follow up about two days later with the GM. He was also very nice and made the interview quick. He gave me some feedback on company dress code policy and then I left. Later in the week I was offered the job, and a day before my first shift they had me fill out a ton of paperwork. Overall relatively easy.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

Well I applied online with little hope of getting an interview, 3 days later I got a call and got my first interview. I met with a shift manager and she seemed to really like me, it was a group interview with two others and she liked me the most. She told me then and there she would give me a second interview with the store manager, I got a call later that day for an interview with the store manager the next day. This interview was much shorter since it was just me. He hired me on the spot after asking me like 5 questions, similar to the ones the shift manager had asked me the previous day. I was the only one in the group of 3 from my first interview to get hired.

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Marina del Rey, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied to multiple In-N-Out locations online through their website (3 total locations applied). After 5 days, I received a call from one location indicating that I got an interview and to come in the next day for it. Essentially, I sat down with one supervisor who had a blank sheet of paper in front of him. He asked questions in a rapid-fire pace in order to get to know me, but nothing that I was uncomfortable with. After getting an "OK" from the supervisor, I was granted an interview with the Assistant Manager just minutes after my first interview was done. Assistant Manager asked questions about my education, work experience, hobbies, commitment, etc. After the interview, he told me that I was hired and to be in training starting the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to apply to In-N-Out?   Answer Question
    • What aspects of the work environment attracted you?   1 Answer
    • What are your passions? How do you remain passionate?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any hobbies or things you do outside of school/work?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

Really easy and very competitive. There were approximately 15 of us and when interviewed in a group, some were dismissed until three of us remained, including myself. After that thy said they would call me back for a third interview. So still waiting. It's only been a day.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

Applied online and received a call 3 days later for an interview. Overall was a super relaxed interview with the manager just trying to get a grasp of who you are as a person and if you'd be a good investment for his store. Was honest and told him that I only expected to work there until the end of summer and was super understanding. Didn't go through the multi-stage process as other people and was offered a job at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Open Interviews are scheduled on Wednesdays from 4:30 to 5:30. As long as an application is already sent via online, you are free to come during that time slot for an interview. Depending on how the first interview go, you will be granted a second interview which most likely ensures you have the job. The first interview is more general while the second interview taps in and get into specific skills and scenarios that define you as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you think you are worthy of the job? Q: What attracted you to applying here?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in May 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was with an assistant manager and he was very friendly. The interview was very casual. Asked if I went to college, schedule, expierence, also what are my strengths/attributes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online, got a call and went in for an interview. We sat down at a table outside and she asked me questions, mainly about why I wanted to work there and "name a time when..." situations. She was very nice, and although I dressed up the interview was pretty casual. She said there that she liked me and would like to schedule a second interview, but because I was looking for a temporary job she said she would ask the other manager about hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strengths? What is one of your weaknesses? What is a specific time that you provided good service? Why do you want to work at In-N-Out.   Answer Question