InComm Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.6

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at InComm (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

1) Phone Call with Human Resource 2) 1 Hour Phone Interview with Hiring Manager 3) 1 - 2 Hours Face To Face Interview with Direct Supervisor 4) At least 1 Hour Panel Phone Interview with other Manager from different departments to ensure you know understand the job. Background check takes about a week or so to complete. Then you have another week to settle into work.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle giving bad news to clients and/or co-workers?   Answer Question
    • Do you fully understand your job role? Explain.   Answer Question
    • (Very Tricky) What is something UNIQUE do you bring to the company? Not your experience but something about you, that will help you do your job better?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our competition?   Answer Question
    • Give example when you had to deal with co-workers that did not like you. Explain how you handled it?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at InComm (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Intial phone screen from HR admin. Was kindly sent benefits information to review. No phone interview with supervisor, asked to come for a face-face Had face to face with supervisor and a team member Never heard back about status. Called once that week and told would be next week for decision. Called and emailed admin contact following week with no response. Two weeks later still no word about status. I fully assume I did not get selected, but pretty much just dropped off a cliff. This was disappointing. I really liked the opportunity, benefits (as compared to what is going around these days), I thouroghly enjoyed meeting and talking with the supervisor and his team member. I thought I had hit a homerun and would get an offer. I marked this a negative experience because of the fact they never called, emailed or snail mailed the fact they would not extend an offer. When someone takes time from their day, time off work at a current position, loses that $$ for the day, dresses up, submits an excellant resume package and then is left to figure out on their own that they will not get the offer is very disrespectful. Its disappointing because I realy thought I wanted to work there. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• MAC experience, ticketing experience in relation to service now, hardware experience as they are now Dell shop, expericne with encryption mcafee versus symantec, what are my hobbies and general experience overview.   1 Answer

Channel Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InComm (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Pretty straighforward. There was an initial screener by HR which was fairly short. There was then a phone interview which lasted about an hour. The second interview was a panel interview of the same length with the hiring managers.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at InComm.

Interview

The process started with a recruiter contacting me via email. From previous reviews, my interview process was a little different. From the email, I was scheduled for an in office interview with my soon to be manager and senior manager. I skipped the initial phone screening. The in person interview was pretty normal. There was nothing difficult regarding the questions. Everything was straightforward and they described what they were looking for and what they wanted and they wanted to know how I could help them. After that interview, I emailed the recruiter a week or so later and got no response. I was bummed and said to myself "I'm gonna email him one more time." When I emailed him, around 2 weeks later, he quickly responded and told me he actually just sent my offer letter via email and to check my folders!

Interview Questions

• There were no questions from left field. They knew what they were looking for and wanted to know how you could fill that role.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InComm (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied as an employee referral...had the initial phone screening with the recruiter. The next day received an email for an in person interview the following week with the hiring managers. The role was a newly created role to assist the senior marketing managers. I got the feeling that they were not certain exactly what the role entailed. Interview was great, asked the standard behavioral questions as well as experience. They asked many questions about how I work in a team as well. I was definitely qualified as I was working in a similar role. Interview lasted an hour and I was certain I got the job as I made the interviewers smile on a handful of occasions. Didn't hear back for about a week. Followed up with the recruiter who emailed me saying I was not selected. I was disappointed as to why I wasn't hired but maybe they were looking for a specific personality type.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite subject in school and why?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InComm in December 2014.

Interview

you are asked to wait for an administrator you watch a introductory video of incomm you are asked to introduce you self you are question about your resume your are asked about your interests your are asked how your would respond to various situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult task   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InComm.

Interview

Phone interview with lots of technical questions. the questions were easy though, and if you prepare by basically revising concepts related to your skill sets it should be fine. Especially if you are into Java, revise also basic database concepts.

Interview Questions

• What are the different kinds of databases? (unexpected)   1 Answer

Channel Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at InComm (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I initially applied online via LinkedIn in September. I finally heard from an HR rep for a phone screening a month later. This was soon followed by another phone interview with the two hiring managers who head that department the next day. I was told that they really needed to get someone on board ASAP. I finally had a live face-to-face interview a month later in November, just before Thanksgiving. Again, HR said that they urgently wanted to meet with me because the team's workload was overwhelming. This was a two-hour panel interview with the two superiors plus five others on the team. Their questions were OK, nothing unusual mostly how I would handle different situations. I had been in a similar role previously, so there was nothing I couldn't handle. I was told that the interview went great and that they needed to fill the role no later than early December. This is where the process took strange turn. I waited two weeks and heard nothing. Through December and January I sent emails and left voicemails for the HR rep and the two superiors that I met previously with. No replies at all! Luckily I have an inside contact who is a supervisor in another department, who contacted them on my behalf. Again with no reply. I sent my final set of emails to all in late January, reminding them of the interview and simply asking for a status update. Again, absolutely no reply. I can live with not getting a position. But not bothering to extend the simple courtesy of replying to any of my post-interview inquiries (up or down) is just rude and very unprofessional. If that's how HR and this department treats job candidates, then I would be wary of working at InComm regardless of the offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions to show personality, how well you'd fit on the team, and how you'd handle various situations. Nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InComm (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

My initial contact was via email followed by a phone interview with M, which went very well and she got me an interview with four of the managers in that department the following morning at 7:45 am. I was there promptly at 7:30 am, however there were some delays until I could be interviewed, which wasn't a problem as these things happen. So I waited until someone was available to interview me. I ended up being interviewed by all four managers who were very specific as to what each person needed from an assistance and they all were very very specific as to what they all needed from an assistance - check and check! Honestly, I felt like they needed someone to start that day, and I was more than ready to jump in and provide assistance. Everyone wanted me to meet with a senior person in the department, however that person did not have availability that day. I was told that someone would be in contact with me to set up another interview. M, who did the initial phone interview, contacted me later that afternoon with the available times of the senior person. She also asked me how did I think the interviews went, and honestly those four interviews were some of the best that I had had, the four managers were very honest and personable, they provided me with incredible insight into the company, the department in which they worked as well as insight into their individual responsibilities. M told me that she had received excellent feedback and that everyone was really excited. Then I met with the senior person of the department. Wow, this person was not at all on the same wavelength as their managers. The specific things the four managers told me that they "absolutely needed", this senior person thought those things were not of great importance at all (Really?! If four people that are working for you all are complaining about the same issues and are begging to have those issues taken care of, how is that their needs are not of importance?!), instead this person wanted to focus on some of the things that they personally needed. Really, what this person had listed in the job description was not at all what this senior person was looking for. Also, during my interview with this senior person we were interrupted 8 times (I counted) and the phone was ringing constantly. That was not a great interview. I do not care if you are interviewing the President of the United States or a janitor, both deserve to have the time allotted to them to be free of interruption and to be able to appropriately communicate their skills and abilities for the position of which they are interviewing for. Nonetheless, I sent my customary thank you letters after my interview to everyone I met. I was then contacted a week later and told that I was still in the running for the position and someone would get back to me the following week with the next steps. The following week came and went, then I was contacted and told the senior person was out of town on business, but that they were hoping that the senior person would make a decision upon this person's return. Then nothing, this has been since September and we are now well into November. I did send an email a week ago asking for an update and have received nothing. I think that is incredibly unprofessional, especially since InComm contacted me and gave me updates. A customary, polite "thank you, but no thank you" would have been appropriate. I now have a holiday position with a well known department store. I have created a system that this department store is now interested in utilizing that will require the use of prepay cards. I have a meeting in mid January with the headquarters of this store, and I would have more than happily submitted InComm's name as company with which the department store could work with to create the system and the card, but after my experience I think not. You never know when the person you are interviewing can one day turn around and become a customer or become the interviewer. I do not understand what was the purpose of being rude or unprofessional. I honestly feel bad for those managers I interviewed with, because it is quite clear that the senior person is not going to take care of their needs so that they can do the best job possible. After reading workers reviews of this company, I wonder how long those managers are going to work there before they too are fed up because their needs were ignored and they became burnt out. If interviewing for this company, do not bank on working with or for them, even if the interviews go well. The only job interviews that should take over 30 days should be for the Presidency of the United States or for a seat in congress, not an HR assistant.

Interview Questions

• How often do I use pivots or macros in Excel? How long have I been using Excel?   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InComm (Portland, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online through site, which included question along the lines of "tell us something different and unique about you." Received email following week for phone interview. Took phone interview next day. Interview asked me for a little about my background, and then interrupted to ask "well, do you have any telecoms experience?" Before I could finish a sentence in reply (I do have some telecoms experience although majority of my background is in digital, which they should know, having received my resume and application) he interrupted again. He said "we're really just looking for someone with telecoms experience. We'll let you know," and hung up. I never received an email confirmation saying I did not get the position or any follow up. For the level of the position and my professional background, it was deeply insulting. Incredibly curt intervirwer. Dismissive. Obviously did not do homework on interviewee.