InComm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Channel Manager Interview

Channel Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at InComm in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to the position on the company website (you have to apply on the site even if you have an employee referral), and had an employee referral. I got a call back within several hours the same day. All HR contacts I dealt with were very dry and to the point. I was scheduled for an in-person interview within a few days. A few days after that, I was scheduled for two phone interviews with out-of-state executives who were pleasant, thorough and honest about the challenges and nuances of the position. They do a background check and follow up with all references. The HR team expressed an interest in making an offer and kept pushing me to name my lowest number, but I didn't. Be firm with them. The entire process took about three weeks.

Interview Question – Familiarizing yourself with who you will be interviewing with beforehand. Be sure to research people as best you can so you know what appeals to them and their pain points.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy enough, they matched vacation and made an offer above my acceptance threshold. The benefits are decent.

IT Intern Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at InComm in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initially applied through school and was contacted a week later.
Had the first interview through a 30-minute phone call with a director-- very heavy on behavioral questions.
Received an email requesting for a second round office interview a couple days later.
Went in the following week to speak with the same director for 30 minutes-- more detailed behavioral and resume questions.
You will be led around the office to meet with different levels of staff.
Received a call from HR a week later about moving forward with an offer.

Interview Question – Walk me through how you managed to work on a team project when people had different opinions.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

I applied online and interviewed at InComm.

Interview Details – I applied online and also got connected to the recruiter via a current employee. After a few days, I got a phone call. The recruiter started to say that we had already spoken, which we didn't and proceeded to discuss a job I didn't apply for nor remotely related to my background. To say that the recruiter use clueless would be an understatement. I am not sure how many good candidates they have lost due to this Keystone Cops approach to hiring talent. My experience has been less than ideal and probably won't reapply for a role here due to this experience.

Interview Question – Most difficult or unexpected question was related to a role I didn't apply for and not related in anyway to my background.   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InComm in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was thorough. I had an initial phone screen with HR. After being informed that I would move on to the next round, I had a group interview with 3 members of the team in the offices and a phone interview with one member who was traveling. Throughout the process, everyone was extremely professional. The team was adamant about seeking someone who was able to deal with adversity and manage expectations accordingly. Since the members leaned on each other for execution, identifying someone who would fit into the team and culture appeared to be a key requirement. My only criticism is that HR failed to contact me to inform me that I was not selected for the position, despite advancing to the 2nd round of interviews.

Interview Question – Name a scenario when you had to deliver negative news to a client for something that was beyond your control. How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Director of Network Engineering Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InComm in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening followed by onsite with CTO, and 4 VP's from applications, IT and development

Interview Question – Phone screening with initial questions on background, etc etc etc...
Onsite was a very detailed barrage of how culture in the company is messed up. How no one takes ownership of anything, and how all networking IT should be fired and clean house.
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Had a better offer on the table....

Web Designer Interview

Web Designer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at InComm in August 2012.

Interview Details – I bypassed the phone interview and went straight into a very informal meeting with my future manager as well as 2 other department heads that I would eventually be working with. There were a lot of hypothetical situation type questions, designed to reveal how I would handle certain situation.

Interview Question – Some questions were based on knowledge of unknown internal systems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered more than I expected, no negotiation necessary :)

Network Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at InComm.

Interview Details – It was a behavioral and technical interview. I was asked general questions about my career goals and the path that I wanted to take. We covered all the stuff that was on my resume. Among the technical questions I was asked basic network related questions, as was suitable for this job.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was to describe how to set up a VPN.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, I did not negotiate.

Software Configuration Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at InComm in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straightforward and simple. I was referred to the position through a contracting firm, and shortly after communicating my interest, I was scheduled for a phone screen with a hiring manager.

The phone screen lasted no more than 30 minutes and was evenly split between technical/business questions being asked of me, and my turn to ask questions of the interviewer. It was over before I knew it, but I came away feeling confident. Within 24 hours I had learned that I was invited for an in-person interview

The in-person interview was easy to schedule around my needs, and It was split into parts based on an interview with "customers" (aka a development manager and a software developer), a segment with my future boss, and a short and cordial discussion with his superior. The technical phase with the development customers was challenging, but appropriate for the position. The phase with the future boss was clearly intended to divine my problem solving aptitude and approach. The final phase with his superior seemed to be a checkpoint for approval of the hire (me), and not something I'd expect to see happen every time.

Within another 24 hours, I was told that I would be receiving an offer.

Interview Question – What do you do for fun?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was very easy for me as I was going through a contractor and I had a fallback plan of current employment. Like most companies, there is at least some room to maneuver on the contractual portion. Be reasonable and you'll probably get what you're looking for.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at InComm in June 2009.

Interview Details – very relaxed

Interview Question – why should we hire you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes!

Digital Content Support Associate Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at InComm.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR, followed by 2 more phone interviews, then face-to-face individual interviews with 12 managers, followed by phone interview with VP. Interviews were basic questions, went well over all. VP just introduced himself, idle chit chat, gave me the "thumbs up" and stated HR would work out the details. From beginning to end took at least 8 weeks. Had to send college transcripts, criminal and financial background check was also done. Considering I was not offered the job, this ended up being a very long, time-consuming process (not to mention expensive due to traveling from out of state).

Interview Question – All questions were pretty typical. Asked about experience, goals, specific computer program knowledge...   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for InComm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InComm interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by InComm employees and interview candidates.