InComm

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.5

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at InComm.

Phone interview with lots of technical questions. the questions were easy though, and if you prepare by basically revising concepts related to your skill sets it should be fine. Especially if you are into Java, revise also basic database concepts.

Interview Questions
    • What are the different kinds of databases? (unexpected)   View Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InComm in September 2014.

My initial contact was via email followed by a phone interview with M, which went very well and she got me an interview with four of the managers in that department the following morning at 7:45 am. I was there promptly at 7:30 am, however there were some delays until I could be interviewed, which wasn't a problem as these things happen. So I waited until someone was available to interview me. I ended up being interviewed by all four managers who were very specific as to what each person needed from an assistance and they all were very very specific as to what they all needed from an assistance - check and check! Honestly, I felt like they needed someone to start that day, and I was more than ready to jump in and provide assistance. Everyone wanted me to meet with a senior person in the department, however that person did not have availability that day. I was told that someone would be in contact with me to set up another interview. M, who did the initial phone interview, contacted me later that afternoon with the available times of the senior person. She also asked me how did I think the interviews went, and honestly those four interviews were some of the best that I had had, the four managers were very honest and personable, they provided me with incredible insight into the company, the department in which they worked as well as insight into their individual responsibilities. M told me that she had received excellent feedback and that everyone was really excited. Then I met with the senior person of the department. Wow, this person was not at all on the same wavelength as their managers. The specific things the four managers told me that they "absolutely needed", this senior person thought those things were not of great importance at all (Really?! If four people that are working for you all are complaining about the same issues and are begging to have those issues taken care of, how is that their needs are not of importance?!), instead this person wanted to focus on some of the things that they personally needed. Really, what this person had listed in the job description was not at all what this senior person was looking for. Also, during my interview with this senior person we were interrupted 8 times (I counted) and the phone was ringing constantly. That was not a great interview. I do not care if you are interviewing the President of the United States or a janitor, both deserve to have the time allotted to them to be free of interruption and to be able to appropriately communicate their skills and abilities for the position of which they are interviewing for. Nonetheless, I sent my customary thank you letters after my interview to everyone I met. I was then contacted a week later and told that I was still in the running for the position and someone would get back to me the following week with the next steps. The following week came and went, then I was contacted and told the senior person was out of town on business, but that they were hoping that the senior person would make a decision upon this person's return. Then nothing, this has been since September and we are now well into November. I did send an email a week ago asking for an update and have received nothing. I think that is incredibly unprofessional, especially since InComm contacted me and gave me updates. A customary, polite "thank you, but no thank you" would have been appropriate. I now have a holiday position with a well known department store. I have created a system that this department store is now interested in utilizing that will require the use of prepay cards. I have a meeting in mid January with the headquarters of this store, and I would have more than happily submitted InComm's name as company with which the department store could work with to create the system and the card, but after my experience I think not. You never know when the person you are interviewing can one day turn around and become a customer or become the interviewer. I do not understand what was the purpose of being rude or unprofessional. I honestly feel bad for those managers I interviewed with, because it is quite clear that the senior person is not going to take care of their needs so that they can do the best job possible. After reading workers reviews of this company, I wonder how long those managers are going to work there before they too are fed up because their needs were ignored and they became burnt out. If interviewing for this company, do not bank on working with or for them, even if the interviews go well. The only job interviews that should take over 30 days should be for the Presidency of the United States or for a seat in congress, not an HR assistant.

Interview Questions
    • How often do I use pivots or macros in Excel? How long have I been using Excel?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at InComm in July 2014.

I was contacted by the HR Admin to set up a phone interview. I was interviewed by the HR Admin to discuss my qualifications and professional background. I didnt feel that the role was concrete since no one could really explain the scope of the position or what the position entailed. I was left confused after the interview and later the position was closed for some reason.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at InComm.

Good hiring Process from start to finish. Very nice and polite HR employees. The process is great from applying to the final job offer. I really liked the process from start to finish

Incident Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at InComm in May 2014.

I applied online for two positions. Incident Management Analyst and Technical Analyst online early one morning. I was contacted by a recruiter later on the same day, who arranged for a phone interview. Two days after applying I spoke to one manager regarding the Incident Management position. (Another manager was not available to join the call). I expected to hear from the other manager however, I did not.
    This was in mid-May, it is now early June and I have not gotten any feedback and my applications, according to the career site are under review. I have since withdrawn my application.
    I briefly spoke to another recruiter regarding the Technical Analyst position, but was not contacting further to arrange an interview.

The phone interview for the Incident Management Analyst position was primarily about what the role and responsibilities of the position. Although I had never been in an IM role, the manager understood that with my application support background, I was aware of what an IM did in order to facilitate conference bridges and marshal resources accordingly to restore an application to service.

Channel Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InComm in February 2014.

I applied for this position over the LinkedIn posting. From the interview with the recruiter, then phone interview with the manager and two other senior managers, then onsite interview with the three, and plus 3 more team members total took over 2 months time. They still could not decide.

Interview Questions
    • All the behavioral type of questions. If you made a mistake, would you tell your customers? and give an example   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

I applied online – interviewed at InComm.

I applied online and also got connected to the recruiter via a current employee. After a few days, I got a phone call. The recruiter started to say that we had already spoken, which we didn't and proceeded to discuss a job I didn't apply for nor remotely related to my background. To say that the recruiter use clueless would be an understatement. I am not sure how many good candidates they have lost due to this Keystone Cops approach to hiring talent. My experience has been less than ideal and probably won't reapply for a role here due to this experience.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult or unexpected question was related to a role I didn't apply for and not related in anyway to my background.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at InComm in August 2013.

Initially applied through school and was contacted a week later.
    Had the first interview through a 30-minute phone call with a director-- very heavy on behavioral questions.
    Received an email requesting for a second round office interview a couple days later.
    Went in the following week to speak with the same director for 30 minutes-- more detailed behavioral and resume questions.
    You will be led around the office to meet with different levels of staff.
    Received a call from HR a week later about moving forward with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through how you managed to work on a team project when people had different opinions.   Answer Question

Director of Network Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at InComm in August 2013.

Phone screening followed by onsite with CTO, and 4 VP's from applications, IT and development

Interview Questions
    • Phone screening with initial questions on background, etc etc etc...
      Onsite was a very detailed barrage of how culture in the company is messed up. How no one takes ownership of anything, and how all networking IT should be fired and clean house.
        View Answer

Had a better offer on the table....

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InComm in June 2013.

Hiring process was fine and the interview process was sweet and short. There was a one on one process. All questions were answered on the spot and an offer was made a few weeks later.