InComm

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.6

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at InComm.

The process started with a recruiter contacting me via email. From previous reviews, my interview process was a little different. From the email, I was scheduled for an in office interview with my soon to be manager and senior manager. I skipped the initial phone screening. The in person interview was pretty normal. There was nothing difficult regarding the questions. Everything was straightforward and they described what they were looking for and what they wanted and they wanted to know how I could help them. After that interview, I emailed the recruiter a week or so later and got no response. I was bummed and said to myself "I'm gonna email him one more time." When I emailed him, around 2 weeks later, he quickly responded and told me he actually just sent my offer letter via email and to check my folders!

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions from left field. They knew what they were looking for and wanted to know how you could fill that role.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InComm.

Applied as an employee referral...had the initial phone screening with the recruiter. The next day received an email for an in person interview the following week with the hiring managers. The role was a newly created role to assist the senior marketing managers. I got the feeling that they were not certain exactly what the role entailed. Interview was great, asked the standard behavioral questions as well as experience. They asked many questions about how I work in a team as well. I was definitely qualified as I was working in a similar role. Interview lasted an hour and I was certain I got the job as I made the interviewers smile on a handful of occasions. Didn't hear back for about a week. Followed up with the recruiter who emailed me saying I was not selected. I was disappointed as to why I wasn't hired but maybe they were looking for a specific personality type.

Interview Questions
    • What was your least favorite subject in school and why?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at InComm.

Phone interview with lots of technical questions. the questions were easy though, and if you prepare by basically revising concepts related to your skill sets it should be fine. Especially if you are into Java, revise also basic database concepts.

Interview Questions
    • What are the different kinds of databases? (unexpected)   View Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InComm in September 2014.

My initial contact was via email followed by a phone interview with M, which went very well and she got me an interview with four of the managers in that department the following morning at 7:45 am. I was there promptly at 7:30 am, however there were some delays until I could be interviewed, which wasn't a problem as these things happen. So I waited until someone was available to interview me. I ended up being interviewed by all four managers who were very specific as to what each person needed from an assistance and they all were very very specific as to what they all needed from an assistance - check and check! Honestly, I felt like they needed someone to start that day, and I was more than ready to jump in and provide assistance. Everyone wanted me to meet with a senior person in the department, however that person did not have availability that day. I was told that someone would be in contact with me to set up another interview. M, who did the initial phone interview, contacted me later that afternoon with the available times of the senior person. She also asked me how did I think the interviews went, and honestly those four interviews were some of the best that I had had, the four managers were very honest and personable, they provided me with incredible insight into the company, the department in which they worked as well as insight into their individual responsibilities. M told me that she had received excellent feedback and that everyone was really excited. Then I met with the senior person of the department. Wow, this person was not at all on the same wavelength as their managers. The specific things the four managers told me that they "absolutely needed", this senior person thought those things were not of great importance at all (Really?! If four people that are working for you all are complaining about the same issues and are begging to have those issues taken care of, how is that their needs are not of importance?!), instead this person wanted to focus on some of the things that they personally needed. Really, what this person had listed in the job description was not at all what this senior person was looking for. Also, during my interview with this senior person we were interrupted 8 times (I counted) and the phone was ringing constantly. That was not a great interview. I do not care if you are interviewing the President of the United States or a janitor, both deserve to have the time allotted to them to be free of interruption and to be able to appropriately communicate their skills and abilities for the position of which they are interviewing for. Nonetheless, I sent my customary thank you letters after my interview to everyone I met. I was then contacted a week later and told that I was still in the running for the position and someone would get back to me the following week with the next steps. The following week came and went, then I was contacted and told the senior person was out of town on business, but that they were hoping that the senior person would make a decision upon this person's return. Then nothing, this has been since September and we are now well into November. I did send an email a week ago asking for an update and have received nothing. I think that is incredibly unprofessional, especially since InComm contacted me and gave me updates. A customary, polite "thank you, but no thank you" would have been appropriate. I now have a holiday position with a well known department store. I have created a system that this department store is now interested in utilizing that will require the use of prepay cards. I have a meeting in mid January with the headquarters of this store, and I would have more than happily submitted InComm's name as company with which the department store could work with to create the system and the card, but after my experience I think not. You never know when the person you are interviewing can one day turn around and become a customer or become the interviewer. I do not understand what was the purpose of being rude or unprofessional. I honestly feel bad for those managers I interviewed with, because it is quite clear that the senior person is not going to take care of their needs so that they can do the best job possible. After reading workers reviews of this company, I wonder how long those managers are going to work there before they too are fed up because their needs were ignored and they became burnt out. If interviewing for this company, do not bank on working with or for them, even if the interviews go well. The only job interviews that should take over 30 days should be for the Presidency of the United States or for a seat in congress, not an HR assistant.

Interview Questions
    • How often do I use pivots or macros in Excel? How long have I been using Excel?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InComm in August 2014.

Applied through company online portal . Got call after one day from HR . Interview process was smooth but the response from HR will be slow . Need to follow with HR regarding the next steps of interview. 1st round is telephonic round with manager , its a high level technical round. 2nd round is Skype round with the 3 people and they asked questions in core java , J2ee , struts , springs, hibernates, sql.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at InComm in July 2014.

I was contacted by the HR Admin to set up a phone interview. I was interviewed by the HR Admin to discuss my qualifications and professional background. I didnt feel that the role was concrete since no one could really explain the scope of the position or what the position entailed. I was left confused after the interview and later the position was closed for some reason.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at InComm.

Good hiring Process from start to finish. Very nice and polite HR employees. The process is great from applying to the final job offer. I really liked the process from start to finish

Incident Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at InComm in May 2014.

I applied online for two positions. Incident Management Analyst and Technical Analyst online early one morning. I was contacted by a recruiter later on the same day, who arranged for a phone interview. Two days after applying I spoke to one manager regarding the Incident Management position. (Another manager was not available to join the call). I expected to hear from the other manager however, I did not.
    This was in mid-May, it is now early June and I have not gotten any feedback and my applications, according to the career site are under review. I have since withdrawn my application.
    I briefly spoke to another recruiter regarding the Technical Analyst position, but was not contacting further to arrange an interview.

The phone interview for the Incident Management Analyst position was primarily about what the role and responsibilities of the position. Although I had never been in an IM role, the manager understood that with my application support background, I was aware of what an IM did in order to facilitate conference bridges and marshal resources accordingly to restore an application to service.

Channel Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InComm in February 2014.

I applied for this position over the LinkedIn posting. From the interview with the recruiter, then phone interview with the manager and two other senior managers, then onsite interview with the three, and plus 3 more team members total took over 2 months time. They still could not decide.

Interview Questions
    • All the behavioral type of questions. If you made a mistake, would you tell your customers? and give an example   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

I applied online – interviewed at InComm.

I applied online and also got connected to the recruiter via a current employee. After a few days, I got a phone call. The recruiter started to say that we had already spoken, which we didn't and proceeded to discuss a job I didn't apply for nor remotely related to my background. To say that the recruiter use clueless would be an understatement. I am not sure how many good candidates they have lost due to this Keystone Cops approach to hiring talent. My experience has been less than ideal and probably won't reapply for a role here due to this experience.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult or unexpected question was related to a role I didn't apply for and not related in anyway to my background.   Answer Question