InContact

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.7

Technical Success Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at InContact.

Applied on LinkedIn, heard from them the next day, did a little phone interview then set up in person interview. They emailed interview confirmation with list of questions to prepare for, which taught me a little about their culture, they want their employees to experience success. I interviewed with multiple people in face to face interview. I was impressed with people I met with and the culture of the company. Interested to find out what happens next.

Curriculum Developer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InContact.

This process has been very easy. I was recruited on Linkedin and had an interview based on that interaction. I filled out a short application afterwards to progress to a second interview. Then the second interview went really well, and was very good.

Not sure yet.

Senior Manager/Director Interview

Senior management at inContact are generally nice. However, the interview process is practically dysfunctional and vague:
    1.HR was not responsive (They sound friendly but I think that's more of an HR practice.)
    2. Management of IT is trying to figure out what's wrong with their IT department. There's definitely some cultural challenges in the department. The company is trying to fill senior positions by hiring outsiders. The company already has senior staff who has been with the company for 5+ years (some for 8+).
    3. The say that they welcome direct and honest feedback except that they don't walk the walk. In fact, if anything, one needs to be diplomatic at the expense of being direct and honest. My guess is that directness in Utah is different from some other places, like Silicon Valley.
    4. At one point, management of IT was very responsive and engaging (and very friendly.) You might notice that they'll start asking for input, advice, and feedback. However, once they're done with you, they'll start ignoring your emails (gone all the friendliness.) Maybe that's their way of managing but it's worth mentioning.
    5. The challenge is that the existing managers and directors who couldn't step up to the new challenges are the ones deciding to hire their next colleague/manager. One has to question their competency. Not to mention that their questions were mainly shallow and cliché.
    6. The company asks interviewees to do a personality test. Not sure how much they believe in that 'science' but their online test system is unstable and hack-able. It's also an irony that while they want interviewees to be themselves, they explicitly ask interviewees not to choose option B more than 8 times when answering some personality test questions (B was more like a neutral answer so I understand that they don't want undecided people but the flaw is that forcing a decisive answer is very contextual and such tests don't provide for that.)
    7. Talking with software developers and testers shows the disconnect between those teams and their managers, and between IT and Business departments. Business seems to be authoritative with IT. If your goal is to work with a company that appreciates technology and technologists you might want to look somewhere else.
    8. For a company that has the word 'contact' in its name, the staff definitely needs to practice more transparency and promptness. Don't be surprised if they go radio silent for 3+ weeks.

inContact might be a good place to work for submissive personalities but not for leaders. They're still struggling to define their culture and leadership model. Might be a good place for a job but definitely not a career. Due to their lack of response, I had already moved on by the time they decided to get back to me with a decision.

Interview Questions
    • In addition to the Profile Evaluation test, interview questions focused on scenarios and what-if hypothetical situations. Nothing fancy. Unfortunately, they can't help but to ask one of the most tired questions in interviews: What's the difference between a leader and a manager? Here's my advice: Mangers at inContact are not sophisticated enough to realize or comprehend a deep answer. Just tell them that leaders lead by example and you should be fine (of course you'll need to expand on that idea.)   Answer Question

Implementation Interview

I applied online – interviewed at InContact in May 2014.

Three hour interview and they spoke of the pros and cons of the company, there was also 30 minute shadowing. There weren't any typical interview questions asked they were just selling the job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions about working with other people from different countries.   Answer Question
    The salary was a set rate.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InContact.

Process was painless. Easy going, but I can from an job that had polygraphs and 10 year background checks.

Interview Questions
    The offer that I was given was much higher than I had at a previous job. So I did not negotiate and I accepted very quickly

Associate Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

interviewed at InContact in April 2014.

Beginning of the interview was spent with multiple members of the implementation team. This was a huge part of the interview process in that their feedback was given to the interviewer. I ended my interview with the director of the implementation team. The questions were more geared toward my experience than anything else.

Interview Questions
    • What use of key indicators were used the most in past jobs?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at InContact.

The manager seemed more focused on filling the position rather than getting a good fit. They had a strict budget for salary and there was hardly any room for negotiation. The other people that interviewed me were QA engineers. Some of the QA engineers that interviewed me did not seem very qualified for the position, however, they were very friendly and positive.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were straight forward and expected for a QA position.   Answer Question

The offer was too low.

Senior Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at InContact in December 2013.

I received an email informing me that I was selected for an interview with the hiring manager. I completed a successful interview with the hiring manager and was scheduled to interview with the Director of the Professional Services group. Prior to the interview with the Director I was asked to completed and a profile evaluation, which I was informed will not be used as deciding factor, however I feel it was used. After an additional interview with a Supervisor I was eventually told that I was not the right candidate.

Client Services Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InContact.

Took a long time to be called back but once the call came in the interview process went well.

base pluse stock options

Service Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at InContact in January 2013.

Phone screening
    On site interview

Interview Questions
    Nothing very good offer couldn't asked for more