InMobi Interview Questions

3.2

BD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at InMobi in November 2011.

Extremely tough interviews with a lot of emphasis on numbers, logic and relationship building. Multiple levels of interviews but lot of people it seemed were just there because they were asked to and not because it was relevant to them. Friendly though but not very warm. Takes a long time for the HR to get back

Interview Questions
    • How to get a major game developer on board   View Answer
    Couldnt negotiate

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at InMobi in October 2011.

Good interview but very lengthy and time consuming.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InMobi.

I applied online and got an immediate response to set up a phone interview (about two hours after I applied) with their Head of HR. We scheduled the phone interview a few days later. She didn't call me until 25 minutes after the call was scheduled and that was after I had emailed that lady that set up the interview. I couldn't talk, so we scheduled another time to talk. I called her this time. She picked up and then had to put me on hold to go into a conference room. I was on speaker phone which made it hard to hear her.

She asked the normal questions, but she seemed like she wasn't really paying attention. I would answer and then she would ask me the same thing. When she asked if I had any questions, which I did, she didn't really answer them, or let me finish asking them. I didn't think it went well, but at the end of the call she said she wanted to bring me in.

We scheduled an on-site interview the following week. I was to meet with four people and they said it would take about 3 hours.

I ended up declining, based on the reviews of the company and also the lack or organization I had experienced in that short amount of interaction time.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at InMobi in August 2014.

Applied through college.First had a programming test on hacker rank. The test had 2 parts, MCQs and Programming. Time management is the key, as we only have 20 mins to solve 25 questions for MCQs. Only after thats finished programming round starts. It had fairly easy questions, 2 questions, second will appear only after we submit the first one. We got 20 mins for each question. They shortlisted based on scores. They shortlisted 11 members out of 60 students. It was a stress interview, first went thru my resume and asked me questions about my education, job experience and then switched to technical questions. If you are prepared to face a tough HR interview, this will be easy.

Interview Questions
    • The stress part of the interview was difficult for me, cause i was prepared for a pure technical interview. I could not convince the interviewer about why i left my job to pursue higher education.   Answer Question

Campaign Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at InMobi.

Appiled online. The process took a day and had 3 rounds of interview.
    1. Telephonic Interview - questions regarding your cv . So be thorough with the CV.
    2. F2F interview - it was more of a discussion, where they gave few case studies and you need to provide innovative and creative solutions to improve the product. Aptitude round to check analytical skills (easy)
    3. Telephonic HR interview

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InMobi.

I had an interview with head of BD and he asked many situational questions as well as industry knowledge questions. The questions were not that difficult ones and the interviewer was very helpful in overall process.

Interview Questions
    • What will be the effective ways to persuade the management people at HQ when getting 'go' sign for the business development at local market?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at InMobi in May 2014.

Applied online via linked-in. They replied back after a month. First scheduled for telephonic interview which they didn't do. Then I called asking for reason they told me they thought of calling me. So they called me for f2f in same week.
    HR didn't send the address. I had to search and confirm. Then they didn;t tell which floor in building. I had to look at 3 floor of inmobi asking for reception.
    They asked me to come at 1030. they arrived in office late. Interviewer was not informed about interview a day before. So he came late by 1145. I was waiting whole time. HR told me he is stuck in traffic and Interviewer told he didn't know about interview. I was supposed to finish interview and go back to office by 1 but hr mismanaged whole interview and I went back home at 3.
    Company has free culture, lots of funky colored walls, good food etc.
    Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • 3 rounds:
      1st:
      a: tell me about your self, projects, skills.
      b: dig more in project, What I could have done, what mistakes, what design pattern, etc.
      He was very helpful.
      2nd
      a: find if two string are anagram. He was interested in which lang I used.
      b: find palindrome. Gave first O(n2) solution in Python. He was more interested in semicolon i missed while explanation. Didn't get chance to explain other soln asked me next question.
      c: letter asked to design web-service to serve some kind of service. Implementation required to key value mapping. value was a list. So if particular key is not present you won;t get any list. He was saying in, dict[key].append(num) when key is not valid will give AttributeError instead of KeyError. I too succumbed in it. I didn't know if he was checking me or he didn't know the correctly.
      3rd:
      They keep me waiting for next 2 hrs to tell me, next person is busy today. They will call me later.
        View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at InMobi in July 2013.

It started with a telephonic and then a one on one at bangalore with 3 levels and a HR round. It was followed with another one on one at my base location

Very Smooth

Lead SDE-T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at InMobi.

My profile was a match for two teams and sadly had to take 2*6 rounds of interviews. All the interviews had one thing in common

How good are you in approaching and solving a problem.
    Coding/Algo and testing skills

Generally, I've heard that there will be 1 round of telecon and 4 rounds of F2F intervews. For me, I had 2 rounds of telecon (focus was on testing,algorithms and coding) and 10 rounds of F2F, as I was interviewed for 2 different teams. Very tiring, but very friendly panels.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such. Everything looked solvable and they exactly asked what they need.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online - interviewed at InMobi in February 2014.

I had applied for a position at InMobi through LinkedIn in Jan 2014. HR contacted me the very next day and got my interview scheduled. I had given 2 telephonic rounds. The second telephonic was taken by a very senior guy and asked basic but good questions. After a week, I flew to their main office to give my on-site interviews. My first impression of the office was "Dude, This place looks awesome!!". I went on to give 3 F2F interviews.

Interview Questions
    • These guys didnt look for usual cracking the code interview or geeksforgeeks. They exactly targeted what they were looking for. They look for problem solving capabilities. They kind of analyze how someone approaches a problem rather than the answer.   Answer Question

I would still love to join them. I couldnt move to bangalore because of personal reasons

Worked for InMobi? Contribute to the Community!