Incisive Media Interview Questions

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Incisive Media.

Interview

Interviewed with the positions direct supervisor overseas in London via phone and then made it to the second interview process in their New York office face to face with their H.R. person. The appointment was requested on a certain day and time via email from their H.R. rep and I confirmed the date and time. When I showed up for the interview he said he was not expecting me and said he was to busy to speak with me and that we would have to reschedule. The drive was 1 hour and 45 minutes plus tolls and parking as i explained to him. He still was not going to meet with me and again stated he was too busy to talk. His actions and attitude show a complete lack of professionalism and is the best window or "glassdoor" into the mentality of the company and how it is run. Needless to say I wished him a nice day and walked out without rescheduling.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Incisive Media.

Interview

I submitted my CV and was invited to an interview by HR within a week. Interviews are set-up directly with the direct-report manager, which may be local or via video call to an overseas office depending upon your role. Interviews were straight-forward and simple, lasting less than an hour each. The interview was heavy on selling the company while gaining a basic understanding of the applicant. Follow-ups with the company were slow as most of the management team are regional members and often traveling and working on multiple projects.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult nor unexpected. Knowing a couple things about the role specific to the company will help.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You should be prepared to ask for at least 10% higher. They will not increase your salary after you start and colleagues may earn much more than you and you will find out later.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Incisive Media (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview which lasted 15 minutes.. simple enough, a day later they wanted me to come in for an interview and wanted me to prepare a short 5 minute presentation on selling a magazine (or events) subscription and then a formal interview with two employees.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Incisive Media.

Interview

Initial phone call whereby they ask things to get a better feel about you, they asked: What do you know about our company? What motivates you? Have you worked in a team environment? etc. Then, if successful, they invite you to their office whereby there is a face to face interview, they asked questions like: What do you think is the most important quality to have for this role? What has been your biggest achievement thus far? Your biggest failure? What quality in a person do you find is the most difficult to work with? The easiest? They also ask that you prepare a short presentation where you select a magazine and present why a subscriber would want to subscribe to it, or why a company would want to advertise in it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something absolutely outstanding about you that would make us remember you. It could be anything about you, be it trivial (you are a Guinness world record holder, etc.)   Answer Question

Editorial Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Incisive Media (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

I'd found a job posting for this scheme on my university careers website, but they usually post it in all major websites and databases that graduates use. The first stage of the application consisted of an article, written by me, about the 2012 UkK budget, as well as some standard basic information about myself and a CV. I received a reply by e-mail to invite me to the assessment day, as well as a link to an online personality questionnaire (nothing was ever said about this questionnaire afterwards). The assessment day consisted of a full 9-5 day, with a lunch in between that served as an informal environment in which to meet staff and people already on the scheme I'd applied for. The assessments themselves were of 3 types: -Actual interviews (either one-to-one or two of them with me) with the magazines that were interested in hiring you. It was impossible to find out beforehand which magazines this would be, and given that the company has dozens it was very unlikely one would have good knowledge of the relevant magazine. They mostly consisted of generic interview questions (team working, overcoming challenges, dream job etc.), with some more specific things about the particular markets they wrote about (e.g. do you know anything about insurance), and also some slightly more general questions about business journalism itself (which publications do you read, why does it interest you etc.) These were the meat and potatoes of the process; it seemed like if you did well in these you'd probably get an offer. -Being interviewed on camera. In groups of 3, we all got put on a tv-type set, with a camera filming us, and were interviewed as if we were part of a TV panel discussing some issue in business journalism. In my case, we were asked about companies' use of social media and what we thought about it. -Sitting in on another group's TV interview, taking notes and writing up a short article based on what was said during the discussion. The discussion takes 20 minutes or so, after which you're taken to a computer room and given about an hour to write an article based on what you've taken from the discussion. It didn't seem like the content mattered too much, as long as you weren't making it up, you had a decent title, and the language was relevant.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected questions for me were when they went into particulars about business journalism. I.e. I was asked which publications I read, to which I replied (amongst others) the Financial Times. I was then asked which journalist I followed the most, which took me by surprise a little bit as I rarely look for a specific column on newspapers, preferring to read thematically. I was also asked if I followed any particular companies in the business world, which I found a bit odd, as I'd imagined journalists should keep an over-arching view of patterns and developments rather than favouring particular companies.   Answer Question

Database Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Incisive Media (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Had worked with many of the staff in a former job.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Incisive Media (London, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

Very formal and straight forward. 2 interviews: 1st is 1-2-1 and second is the presentation of a marketing project. Very practical and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase conversion rate of leads.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't take the first salary offer.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Incisive Media in December 2008.

Interview

A meeting at first with HR and then a meeting with the director

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy