Interviews for Top Jobs at Incline Marketing

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Marketing Assistant Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Incline Marketing (Seattle, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

After submitting a cover letter and a resume, I received an e-mail to schedule a phone interview on a Friday. I appreciated the digital notification, as many employers simply call and give impromptu interviews. After answering a series of questions on my experience and the standard marketing internship interview questions, I was invited for a 1:1 interview. At the 1:1 interview, it was a bit more difficult. It was a different interviewer (the other half of the small company) and he asked a series of questions to gain familiarity on my background. Then, he said we were going to do a case test around the idea of starting a new business. I was excited because I had done a lot of case competitions. However, it was a bit difficult to figure out what information he was seeking, so I didn't do well and the interview essentially ended after that portion. While that piece was difficult, he offered great advice for my future interviews, which I appreciated a lot. Additionally, he offered advice on one way I could grow my marketing career, which I always value since I'm young and still trying to figure out where to take my marketing degree. You could tell that he and the internship would've been a great mentoring experience.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the information that you would need to know if you were starting a new business.   Answer Question