Indeed

102 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Indeed.

Interview Details – Process took about a month.
1. received a call from HR
2. Interview with new sales manager in Austin office
3. interview with VP of sales
4. google hangout sample sales pitch

process took a long time and when I did not get the job they didn't let me know I had to contact them to find out

Interview Question – Name a time when you were wrong and had to admit it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and interviewed at Indeed.

Interview Details – Basically received an email saying that I would receive a call from Indeed for a first round interview. The call never came, and I'm fairly thankful. I have a friend who was recently employed and her experiences were those captured by the negative reviews on this site. The fact that they never called or never followed up shows their calibre of professionalism.

Interview Question – No questions asked, no phone call received   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Client Support Specialist - Ad Agencies Interview

Client Support Specialist - Ad Agencies
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Indeed in June 2014.

Interview Details – Someone set up a time when I could interview. I got a call right on schedule from an Indeed rep, and was asked the basic questions about if I knew the position, why I wanted it, etc. They went over my resume, particularly areas of interest, then ended by saying that she'd talk it over 'with the team' and see where to go from there.

Nothing more than a typical screening that went badly.

Interview Question – Why did you go for this position?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Indeed.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly straightforward and not too difficult. The recruiter asked general questions about my experience and my background while also giving me more information about the role. The recruiter asked if the location for me was ok, since it is a strict 8-5 job and I sounded a little hesitant. Did not get a follow up interview probably due to my reluctance on location and I was not in the area to come in for an in person interview.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Indeed in April 2014.

Interview Details – My first & second call involved rapid fire non-stop questions. The first call was nothing but hypothetical questions about building new types of tools, while the second focused on behavioral questions about working with various team members.

The onsite interview was 6 hours. I was originally told that it would be 4 hours. All of these questions were hypothetical behavioral and technical ones. Most meetings were 1:1, except for one with 2 people.

I wasn't given much of an explanation of daily operations or internal tools, and didn't have much of an opportunity to ask question about it until the end of the third meeting or so. When one person tried giving me a demo, the company he queried in their system didn't bring up any information. I was given a 10-15 minute lunch where I tried scarfing down a slice of pizza or two while answering some general questions about why I liked the company.

Overall everyone I spoke with was nice, cool, and smart.

Unfortunately, one person was kind of condescending, and HR was rude when they followed up. She called a few days after my interview and said "the team knows what they're looking for ... and it's not you."

If they know exactly what they are looking for, I would assume that after reviewing my resume and having two phone calls, I would not have to waste 6 hours on-site. They could have at least not asked to stay another 2 hours after already spending a few hours there.

Interview Question – What specific 10 goals would you have for the year?
Why do these two software packages not offer the same functionality (Given two examples)

Front End Developer Interview

Front End Developer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Indeed.

Interview Details – I applied to Indeed through Indeed.com (lol). They got back to me in a couple of days asking me for my availability for a short phone call with a HR person. This was basically to see what I was working on and what I would be interested in working on. After which a phone screen was scheduled.
The phone screen is a 45 minute interview which included a little background about myself, about the interviewer, a couple of front end questions and then an algorithm question. Nothing out of the ordinary. They got back to me the next day to get my availability for an on-site interview at Indeed.
This is where they really grill you. The interview process was exhausting. I had about 5 one hour interviews and then a 90 minute coding challenge. All of them were technical rounds except for the lunch which was just a conversation about the work and general stuff. Most of them concentrated on coding/algorithm, design and was not easy at all. They touched on a lot of subjects. All of the interviewers were very friendly and will help you along the way if you get stuck.
While it was a good test of a person's technical skills, I felt the interview process was a bit too long. I mean, 7 hours, common... I made sure the HR knew that the process was exhausting and down the line, I lost the ability to think. Also, they don't pay too high either which makes me wonder if the interview process to salary ratio was right.
Other than that, it was a good experience. Stay, travel and food were taken care off by Indeed and they were really quick to respond. Overall, it was a good experience as I clearly knew where I lacked and this helped me tune better for other interviews.

Interview Question – Given a spell checking service, how will you take care of spell checks when the user submits a form with loads of textual information, like a resume.
Given a python code as a set of lines, write a function to check if the python code is valid indentation wise.

SEO Global Analyst Interview

SEO Global Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Indeed in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Applied Online
2. Set up phone interview with HR
3. HR interview went well and were very nice. This led to a phone interview with an employee in the current role and where it went downhill.
- First off, the interviewer didn't know how to work the office phone and so he called me from his cell phone. This made the call hard to hear and I had to repeat myself multiple times.
-Secondly, instead of asking any relevant questions, he asked very generic and brain teaser questions. He didn't ask a single SEO question or any behavioral questions to see how I'd handle certain situations.
-Finally, when it came to the brain teasers, I could barely understand the questions because they were hard to hear. He mentioned these questions were "designed to see how I think", but there's a reason tech companies are straying away from these type of questions and moving towards behavioral questioning. Again, I couldn't see how these questions were relevant to the position.

HR followed up a couple weeks later saying they decided to pass on my candidacy.

Interview Question – I found one of the questions he asked online, but again, it was hard to understand this over the phone.

You are given two eggs, and access to a 100-storey building. Both eggs are identical. The aim is to find out the highest floor from which an egg will not break when dropped out of a window from that floor. If an egg is dropped and does not break, it is undamaged and can be dropped again. However, once an egg is broken, that’s it for that egg.

IT Engineer Interview

IT Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Indeed in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Apply with Resume/CV
2. Get contact from hiring staff after reviewing application
3. Schedule phone screening interview from Human Resources
4. Have a screening phone interview
5. The screening phone interview did not take much time. It was around 20 ~ 30 minutes.
6. Their asking was related with their job posting but some questions are weired.

Sales Interview

Sales
Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Indeed in September 2012.

Interview Details – Typically you will first have a telephone interview and if they like you they will invite you in for a 1st round of interviews. This round is made up of meeting with 4-6 team members who ask you a few questions and generally just try to get a feel for who you are and what you are looking to get out of working at the company. The team leader gives the most in-depth questions. If you make it through this round (I did not), they will ask you to prepare a sales pitch that you will come back and give to a larger group of employees. This was literally my first interview out of college, so I had no clue how to conduct myself.

Interview Question – They weren't trying to mess with me. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

SEM Data Analyst Interview

SEM Data Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Indeed in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter via email for one of two potential positions. Scheduled a Google Hangout interview for later that week. Questions were relatively straight forward (behavioral mostly, but slight allusions to Python knowledge in particular) and basically went over my resume asking about past projects. Following the interviews, Indeed narrowed me down for the second position and had me onsite the following week. There were 5 back-to-back half hour interviews that were technical in nature, and they had me writing SQL, R and other pseudo-code on the board for 3 of those 5. Overall I think I did relatively well. Hit all the code questions spot on.

We got the point of negotiating salaries, and as I have a MS degree in analytics I mentioned what I considered to be a relatively conservative number. They countered with about half of that (a salary lower than most entry level BA-educated positions) and ultimately I believe this may have been what precluded me, as there was no way we could have bridged that dichotomy.

The cherry on the cake was the curtain of silence that went up after the interview. Generally if you come for an onsite interview, companies will have the courtesy to at least follow up with a "Thank you for your time... blah blah... we regret to inform you..." but after about two weeks I reached out and the recruiter said "sorry, we thought we emailed you. we won't be continuing."

Interview Question – Indeed loves to ask Bayesian brain teasers, and both times they tripped me up a bit but I ultimately got the answer. Just make sure to justify your logic at each step and they will tell you if you are on the right path.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Indeed

Worked for Indeed? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Indeed interview questions and advice. All 102 interview reviews posted anonymously by Indeed employees and interview candidates.