Indeed

Average Difficulty
106 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Indeed.

Interview Details – Austin, Tx - super unprofessional, had to send multiple emails to remind them about phone interview times, canceled my on site interview with 1 hr to spare, didn't notify me after final interview until week after (promised 2 days) and have still not received feedback after scheduling a call. If you like professional/respectable employers, look elsewhere. Organized and run like a startup.

Interview Question – Final interview is mock sales pitch with sales directors.   View Answer

Account Executive Entry Level Interview

Account Executive Entry Level

Interviewed at Indeed

Interview Details – I did the phone interview and set up an in person interview but did decided on another opportunity and didn't go. The phone interview was basic I just thought the women was rude and not friendly at all. She asked me basic behavorial questions but sounded annoyed when asking them.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult they were just very behavorial   Answer Question

Interviewed at Indeed

Interview Details – Phone Interview/Interview with Sales Directors. Just make sure you prepare and are energetic. There were no surprises in my interview and the conversations were nice. The sales directors are very nice and straightforward. I had a gap between my last major sales job and they were concerned about that. The office is very nice and it looks like a fun place to work.

Interview Question – None - all basic interview questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Indeed.

Interview Details – Process took about a month.
1. received a call from HR
2. Interview with new sales manager in Austin office
3. interview with VP of sales
4. google hangout sample sales pitch

process took a long time and when I did not get the job they didn't let me know I had to contact them to find out

Interview Question – Name a time when you were wrong and had to admit it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and interviewed at Indeed.

Interview Details – Basically received an email saying that I would receive a call from Indeed for a first round interview. The call never came, and I'm fairly thankful. I have a friend who was recently employed and her experiences were those captured by the negative reviews on this site. The fact that they never called or never followed up shows their calibre of professionalism.

Interview Question – No questions asked, no phone call received   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Client Support Specialist - Ad Agencies Interview

Client Support Specialist - Ad Agencies
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Indeed in June 2014.

Interview Details – Someone set up a time when I could interview. I got a call right on schedule from an Indeed rep, and was asked the basic questions about if I knew the position, why I wanted it, etc. They went over my resume, particularly areas of interest, then ended by saying that she'd talk it over 'with the team' and see where to go from there.

Nothing more than a typical screening that went badly.

Interview Question – Why did you go for this position?   View Answer

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Indeed.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly straightforward and not too difficult. The recruiter asked general questions about my experience and my background while also giving me more information about the role. The recruiter asked if the location for me was ok, since it is a strict 8-5 job and I sounded a little hesitant. Did not get a follow up interview probably due to my reluctance on location and I was not in the area to come in for an in person interview.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Indeed in April 2014.

Interview Details – My first & second call involved rapid fire non-stop questions. The first call was nothing but hypothetical questions about building new types of tools, while the second focused on behavioral questions about working with various team members.

The onsite interview was 6 hours. I was originally told that it would be 4 hours. All of these questions were hypothetical behavioral and technical ones. Most meetings were 1:1, except for one with 2 people.

I wasn't given much of an explanation of daily operations or internal tools, and didn't have much of an opportunity to ask question about it until the end of the third meeting or so. When one person tried giving me a demo, the company he queried in their system didn't bring up any information. I was given a 10-15 minute lunch where I tried scarfing down a slice of pizza or two while answering some general questions about why I liked the company.

Overall everyone I spoke with was nice, cool, and smart.

Unfortunately, one person was kind of condescending, and HR was rude when they followed up. She called a few days after my interview and said "the team knows what they're looking for ... and it's not you."

If they know exactly what they are looking for, I would assume that after reviewing my resume and having two phone calls, I would not have to waste 6 hours on-site. They could have at least not asked to stay another 2 hours after already spending a few hours there.

Interview Question – What specific 10 goals would you have for the year?
Why do these two software packages not offer the same functionality (Given two examples)

Front End Developer Interview

Front End Developer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Indeed.

Interview Details – I applied to Indeed through Indeed.com (lol). They got back to me in a couple of days asking me for my availability for a short phone call with a HR person. This was basically to see what I was working on and what I would be interested in working on. After which a phone screen was scheduled.
The phone screen is a 45 minute interview which included a little background about myself, about the interviewer, a couple of front end questions and then an algorithm question. Nothing out of the ordinary. They got back to me the next day to get my availability for an on-site interview at Indeed.
This is where they really grill you. The interview process was exhausting. I had about 5 one hour interviews and then a 90 minute coding challenge. All of them were technical rounds except for the lunch which was just a conversation about the work and general stuff. Most of them concentrated on coding/algorithm, design and was not easy at all. They touched on a lot of subjects. All of the interviewers were very friendly and will help you along the way if you get stuck.
While it was a good test of a person's technical skills, I felt the interview process was a bit too long. I mean, 7 hours, common... I made sure the HR knew that the process was exhausting and down the line, I lost the ability to think. Also, they don't pay too high either which makes me wonder if the interview process to salary ratio was right.
Other than that, it was a good experience. Stay, travel and food were taken care off by Indeed and they were really quick to respond. Overall, it was a good experience as I clearly knew where I lacked and this helped me tune better for other interviews.

Interview Question – Given a spell checking service, how will you take care of spell checks when the user submits a form with loads of textual information, like a resume.
Given a python code as a set of lines, write a function to check if the python code is valid indentation wise.

SEO Global Analyst Interview

SEO Global Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Indeed in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Applied Online
2. Set up phone interview with HR
3. HR interview went well and were very nice. This led to a phone interview with an employee in the current role and where it went downhill.
- First off, the interviewer didn't know how to work the office phone and so he called me from his cell phone. This made the call hard to hear and I had to repeat myself multiple times.
-Secondly, instead of asking any relevant questions, he asked very generic and brain teaser questions. He didn't ask a single SEO question or any behavioral questions to see how I'd handle certain situations.
-Finally, when it came to the brain teasers, I could barely understand the questions because they were hard to hear. He mentioned these questions were "designed to see how I think", but there's a reason tech companies are straying away from these type of questions and moving towards behavioral questioning. Again, I couldn't see how these questions were relevant to the position.

HR followed up a couple weeks later saying they decided to pass on my candidacy.

Interview Question – I found one of the questions he asked online, but again, it was hard to understand this over the phone.

You are given two eggs, and access to a 100-storey building. Both eggs are identical. The aim is to find out the highest floor from which an egg will not break when dropped out of a window from that floor. If an egg is dropped and does not break, it is undamaged and can be dropped again. However, once an egg is broken, that’s it for that egg.
  Answer Question

Worked for Indeed? Contribute to the Community!