Independence Blue Cross

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.2

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Independence Blue Cross in October 2014.

HR had contacted my school to see if there were any students available for co-op. There were no students available but I have a good link with career services at my school so I was told about the job therefore I applied online for it and sent an e-mail to HR saying thank you for thinking of the school and offering an opportunity to the students there like myself.

After applying and sending the e-mail to HR I received a call for a interview within the next week.

The interview was 30 mins long and with 2 managers.

They reviewed my resume asked me basic questions of my knowledge of the accounting dept.

Because I had prior experience of 1yr. they wanted to know what my work life was like and what I did for the company what softwares I used.

Also good to have background in reconciliation, pivot tables, journal entries.

They wanted to know what my schedule is like and how I would balance work and going to school full time.

Besides asking me about what I did for the company I worked with before the managers were
    very friendly interview was very conversational. They pitched IBX to me as if they had already made up their mind about me and they wanted to hire me. They also talked to me about my future with IBX for after graduation.

After my interview HR contacted me the following week offering me a position. I had to fill out a few forms and take a drug test within 42 hours of accepting the offer. It took 3 weeks for my drug test results to come back to my start date was pushed back by 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think they asked me anything difficult because everything they wanted to know I already knew how to do throughout working for a year already. I know how to do reconciliation, auditing, journal entries, pivot tables, use different softwares ect.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Independence Blue Cross in September 2014.

Applied online and was contacted with a week. Had a phone interview with HR and then invited to meet with hiring managers. Slightly disorganized, waited in the lobby and never got to meet with HR face to face, we got lost on the way to the interview room and the hiring managers did not have my information beforehand. Sent a follow up email but never heard back from HR.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was fairly basic, pretty much the standard questions   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Independence Blue Cross in August 2014.

As soon as I applied on the website, I got a call within a day asking me to come for a walk-in interview with the team. There were no details whether there would be technical interview or just a meet up. They gave me their project's overview and stated all the different technologies they will be using. They asked me if I worked in each of those technologies and if so, when, where and how.
    The HR contacted me exactly one week after the interview offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you define yourself as a back end developer or as a front end developer or both?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Independence Blue Cross in April 2014.

The interview was very easy (Only 30 mins), 2/3 questions are behavior questions, and 1/3 basic question about SQL (joins, select..)
    Be sure you know some basic knowledge of health insurance industry, if you have experience with insurance data will be a plus.

Associate PC Tech Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Independence Blue Cross.

One Phone interview with the Manager of IT. No technical questions were asked all really generic.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you've been faced with a difficult problem and how you resolved the issue.   View Answer
    Salary was easy to like. Around 28 an hour went to 30 when I went perm. They tend to go a couple of dollars higher than your temp salary but not much. You take a loss when paying health insurance and other fees. Really weird considering its a healthcare insurance company. Try to negotiate and don't be afraid to ask for more if you are sure you need it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Independence Blue Cross in January 2014.

It is very diffcult to even get an interview. I applied for this position over a 1 year ago and finally got a phone interview 2 weeks ago.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply so many times to our company. (I want to work there).   Answer Question

Accounting Intern/Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Independence Blue Cross in November 2013.

apply in the compus job fair, take 2 month to process

Interview Questions
    • basically go over the resume, ask why you choose our company and why you choose accounting, not very hard questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Independence Blue Cross in September 2013.

Phone interview then in-person interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Independence Blue Cross in July 2013.

HR interview, interview with the manager and then a decision was made

they dont bend

Account Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Independence Blue Cross in January 2013.

I was contacted by HR that I was a potential candidate for the position. I came into the office to be screened by an HR representative. When I passed that phase I was able to interview with my manger. I was asked to come back and met the Senior Account Executive I would be working with and the Director.

Interview Questions
    • How long are you willing to stay in this role until you expect a promotion?   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate but my request was denied.