Independent Project Analysis Interview Questions

3.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Independent Project Analysis

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis (Ashburn, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

There is a phone interview first, then a personal interview. The interviewer was very nice. He asked about how my experience fit with the job description. He asked me to tell him stories about me successfully carrying out projects. He asked me about my areas of expertise and team work. He let me ask questions about the work in the company, etc.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience fit with the work that we do here? Tell me about a time when you successfully accomplished a projects in a fast cycle.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis.

Interview

After resume accepted, phone interview, then 6 hour day of interviews and maybe give a presentation. Presentation can get you the job or you can lose it because of poor performance. Presentation skills are closely analyzed, second order is topic. Then it's how you mix with the employes, your resume they were already impressed by.

Interview Questions

• Questions are text book. Couple people may try some off the wall ones to make them feel special.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask higher than u wanted, then work your way down.

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was much more involved than I expected, but it was overall pretty awesome. The interview started early in the morning, around 8:30. I took a writing test and was then given my interview schedule. I cycled through the company, doing roughly half hour interviews with a variety of people at different levels within the company. I went to lunch with three research analysts and gave a 30-minute talk to anyone who could come about one of my graduate research projects with a Q&A after that. I did several more short interviews and finished up with the director of HR. At the end of the day, I spent about 7 hours on site and got a very good idea of their operations and the culture.

Interview Questions

• The best interview question I had was to imagine that I was working for a light bulb distributor and was asked to quantify the New York City lightbulb market.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis.

Interview

I got a phone interview from one of their senior management team members. Then, someone from HR called me a few days later. Despite me trying to call her back 3 times, she would not answer her phone or return my voice mail. Then, two months later, they sent me a form-letter rejection. The delay was so long that I (a) assumed that I was not going to get this job, (b) thought their HR process was a mess, and (c) wasn’t interested in this job anyway (or I would have followed up again). Also, moving my entire life to Virginia to consult with oil and gas companies in Texas at a salary of less than what I made 8 full years ago (when I was not traveling or working more than 40 hours a week) was really not my life goal at this time. The salary range was around 75k. Really...for a PhD to consult with oil and gas companies? 75k is the going rate now? My friends are making about 2-4x that in non-traveling 40 hour a week jobs. This was non-negotiable. Their cut & paste rejection letter is just unprofessional to send 2 long months after my initial interview, but it seems to follow the rest of the pattern with my haphazard interview process. As someone who was unemployed for as long as I was, I just could not believe how rude and unprofessional so many companies are toward their applicants. However, they were not the worst. Another company made me wait 4 months! Well, IPA "Good luck with your future endeavors!"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis (Sterling, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

They started with a phone interview, and then called me after a week to schedule a day long interview. On that day, I went through 7 interviews (each about 30 minutes). I did a group presentation too.

Interview Questions

Although it is an interesting company to work for, I chose not to go in the consulting world.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis (Ashburn, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

Family company. Rigorous but fair interview and selection process

moving interstate

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis.

Interview

Unconventional : there is only one real interview with the office director. The other interviews are more about general discussion and explaining the Job. The candidate also has to brief a presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation...that is one of the weaknesses of the company.

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis in July 2011.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews and one in person interview with many people in the company plus a presentation. People at work are very professional and willing to help. It is a family oriented company. It is very relax environment, but results are expected. Deadlines every 3 weeks, so a tons of work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. There are always room to negotiate. However, don't be greedy

Capital Projects Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis (Reading, England (UK)) in July 2010.

Interview

Respond to online advert on career website Got acknowlgement email and also phone call Visit office on familiarisation tour Final 1:1 interview. The people in charge of recruiting were very friendly and accommodating and I really get to understand the ins and outs of the company before making a decision on going throgh with the final interview and considering the offer they have to make.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • How do you see yourself contributing to what we do here with IPA Global?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an interview with several other staff members

Interview Questions

• Please explain how your background (quite different from the norm at this company) fits the profile of a successful Project Analyst?   Answer Question