Independent Project Analysis

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Independent Project Analysis.

Interview Details – After resume accepted, phone interview, then 6 hour day of interviews and maybe give a presentation. Presentation can get you the job or you can lose it because of poor performance. Presentation skills are closely analyzed, second order is topic. Then it's how you mix with the employes, your resume they were already impressed by.

Interview Question – Questions are text book. Couple people may try some off the wall ones to make them feel special.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask higher than u wanted, then work your way down.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Independent Project Analysis.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview from one of their senior management team members. Then, someone from HR called me a few days later. Despite me trying to call her back 3 times, she would not answer her phone or return my voice mail. Then, two months later, they sent me a form-letter rejection. The delay was so long that I (a) assumed that I was not going to get this job, (b) thought their HR process was a mess, and (c) wasn’t interested in this job anyway (or I would have followed up again).

Also, moving my entire life to Virginia to consult with oil and gas companies in Texas at a salary of less than what I made 8 full years ago (when I was not traveling or working more than 40 hours a week) was really not my life goal at this time. The salary range was around 75k. Really...for a PhD to consult with oil and gas companies? 75k is the going rate now? My friends are making about 2-4x that in non-traveling 40 hour a week jobs. This was non-negotiable.

Their cut & paste rejection letter is just unprofessional to send 2 long months after my initial interview, but it seems to follow the rest of the pattern with my haphazard interview process. As someone who was unemployed for as long as I was, I just could not believe how rude and unprofessional so many companies are toward their applicants. However, they were not the worst. Another company made me wait 4 months! Well, IPA "Good luck with your future endeavors!"

Interview Question – They were all canned behavioral questions   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Ashburn, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Independent Project Analysis in March 2010.

Interview Details – Family company. Rigorous but fair interview and selection process

Interview Question – Cant think of any really   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – moving interstate

Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Independent Project Analysis in February 2011.

Interview Details – They started with a phone interview, and then called me after a week to schedule a day long interview. On that day, I went through 7 interviews (each about 30 minutes). I did a group presentation too.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in IPA?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Although it is an interesting company to work for, I chose not to go in the consulting world.

Project Analyst

I applied in-person and interviewed at Independent Project Analysis.

Interview Details – Unconventional : there is only one real interview with the office director.
The other interviews are more about general discussion and explaining the Job.
The candidate also has to brief a presentation.

Interview Question – N.A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation...that is one of the weaknesses of the company.

Project Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Independent Project Analysis in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by an interview with several other staff members

Interview Question – Please explain how your background (quite different from the norm at this company) fits the profile of a successful Project Analyst?   Answer Question

Project Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Independent Project Analysis in July 2011.

Interview Details – I had 3 phone interviews and one in person interview with many people in the company plus a presentation. People at work are very professional and willing to help. It is a family oriented company. It is very relax environment, but results are expected. Deadlines every 3 weeks, so a tons of work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes. There are always room to negotiate. However, don't be greedy

Capital Projects Analyst Interview

Capital Projects Analyst
Reading, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Independent Project Analysis in July 2010.

Interview Details – Respond to online advert on career website
Got acknowlgement email and also phone call
Visit office on familiarisation tour
Final 1:1 interview. The people in charge of recruiting were very friendly and accommodating and I really get to understand the ins and outs of the company before making a decision on going throgh with the final interview and considering the offer they have to make.

Interview Questions

Worked for Independent Project Analysis? Contribute to the Community!