Indian Army Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Indian Army (Bangalore (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Direct Interview- SSC(TECH)-45. Service Selection Board- Bangalore,1st day- Document Verification, 2nd day- Screening, 3rd day- Psychological test, 4th day- GTO-1 day, 5th day- GTO-2 day, Personal Interview- 2nd or 3rd or 4th day. For first day many candidates will be arrived at the time of reporting, after reached the selection centre they are verified for documents and chest numbers are given, then allowed to the barracks to take rest. They are informed to reached the test place on 6 - 7Am. they conduct intelligent test and ppdt and the results are announces in the afternoon. the candidates selected allowed to go through the further procedures and the un-selected candidates have to leave at that time itself. Then the Main SSB starts from next day.

Interview Questions

• As everyone know the process of SSB, i wish to share about one of the important Tasks of SSB. Personal Interview(PI): Tell me about your City? How you reached the interview place from your city? Whats's the name of the train? How many hours it takes? How much distance? Whats the speed of the train? Do you many any friends in Train? Tell me about your parents, schooling and college? , etc, etc... They will ask everything about yourself. so try to introspect yourself and find who you are? , then the interview is piece of cake with truthful in interview and enough knowledge in current Affairs and GK. Thank you. Hope it helpful. All the best for all. Jai Hind.   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indian Army (Bangalore (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very good 5 day Ssb interview. Day 1 screening with ppdt test and verbal and non verbal reasoning. Those who clear day 1 are allowed to the coming days. Day2 psychology tests including tat wat SRT and SD. Day 3 gto tests including 2 set gd, gpe, pgt, GT, cmnd task Day 4 gto tests including half GT, individual obstacles, lecturate, interview. Day 5 Conference. And results Recommended will go for medicals for 5days.

Interview Questions

• Education, family, friends, teachers. Hobbies, sports. General awareness.   1 Answer

Army Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Army (Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Few questions were asked of general knowledge. Few were personality related. Then their were two to three technical questions. Hobbies is a big point which you need to prepare carefully, which can be helpful in army maybe indirectly.

Interview Questions

• who is the prime minister of china   1 Answer
    • what do u understand by quantisation   1 Answer

Lieutenant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alīgarh, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indian Army (Alīgarh, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is a 2 step process. The first step has again 3 steps in order - 1) Screening of applications 2) Group Discussion of selected candidates 3) Personal Interview The second step is a 5 day selection procedure for which I have yet to appear.

Technical Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indian Army (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

You have to crack the ssb interview which is kindof tricky. Has got so many tests basically used to findout whether the candidate has got leadership skills. The interview process consists of 5 days. Could be in banglore or bhopal mainly. If you do some ssb coachings you will aware of the process.

Interview Questions

• They showed a picture on the projector for 30 secs and asked us to write a story based on that. The picture was hardly clear. But that doesnt matter. You gotta write a story that comes to your mind. If you couldnt write anything you lose. Based on the story written there will be a group discussion with a group of 15 members and they ask the group to arrive at a common story   1 Answer

Lieutenant Interview

Interview

Personal Interview was just taken.No GD or any other process.My Interview took around 25-30 minutes where I was given situations.Some of the technical questions,In my case less but the interviewers who were majors both were trying to put stress on me regularly.Still hope worked and I qualified for the next level.

Interview Questions

• If you have been offered a high salary from an MNC and Indian Army pay scale is less as compared to it,Which one will you be choosing?   1 Answer

Major Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

Interview

The Army is looking at unique traits in the individual. He/She has to be analytical and a decision maker who can achieve the given task. A team member and not an individual who seeks to decide the overall good of the organisation as a whole.

Interview Questions

• what if one of your team mate gets injured and your task still remains unfulfilled what would you do.   1 Answer

Lieutenant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Indian Army.

Interview

First a Screening Test is taken by the Army on the day of reporting with all the candidates. On the basis of test, the candidates are short-listed from the candidates. The short listed candidates are then taken on a 5 day interview process with the activities involving indoor and outdoor activities. On the last day, known as Conference Day, the candidates get to know whether they are selected for further process involving medical or not.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your story in the exact words without looking at it.   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silchar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Army (Silchar (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for Indian army in my campus. All the students who have applied were asked for PI first. Then they conducted Group discussion. Interviewed about Education, family, friends, teachers. Hobbies, sport and General awareness.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to join Indian army? Short speech on Reservation system in india.   Answer Question

Lieutenant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Army.

Interview

I applied for the University Entry Scheme(UES) for Engineers. The notifications come around May/June. Students in the pre-final year(3rd yr/5th sem) are eligible. They notify beforehand about the interview which takes place in November(likely). They would visit your campus for direct interview. In my college, no G.D was conducted though, in many colleges it is. Questions are basic technical based and can be answered without very thorough preparation. If you qualify, you will be called for SSB interview.

Interview Questions

• Is Hacking good? If no why is it still taught in colleges?   Answer Question