Indian Army Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2015

3.5

Army Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Indian Army (Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Few questions were asked of general knowledge. Few were personality related. Then their were two to three technical questions. Hobbies is a big point which you need to prepare carefully, which can be helpful in army maybe indirectly.

Technical Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Indian Army (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

You have to crack the ssb interview which is kindof tricky. Has got so many tests basically used to findout whether the candidate has got leadership skills. The interview process consists of 5 days. Could be in banglore or bhopal mainly. If you do some ssb coachings you will aware of the process.

Interview Questions

• They showed a picture on the projector for 30 secs and asked us to write a story based on that. The picture was hardly clear. But that doesnt matter. You gotta write a story that comes to your mind. If you couldnt write anything you lose. Based on the story written there will be a group discussion with a group of 15 members and they ask the group to arrive at a common story   1 Answer

Lieutenant Interview

Interview

Personal Interview was just taken.No GD or any other process.My Interview took around 25-30 minutes where I was given situations.Some of the technical questions,In my case less but the interviewers who were majors both were trying to put stress on me regularly.Still hope worked and I qualified for the next level.

Interview Questions

• If you have been offered a high salary from an MNC and Indian Army pay scale is less as compared to it,Which one will you be choosing?   1 Answer

Major Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

Interview

The Army is looking at unique traits in the individual. He/She has to be analytical and a decision maker who can achieve the given task. A team member and not an individual who seeks to decide the overall good of the organisation as a whole.

Interview Questions

• what if one of your team mate gets injured and your task still remains unfulfilled what would you do.   Answer Question

Lieutenant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Indian Army.

Interview

First a Screening Test is taken by the Army on the day of reporting with all the candidates. On the basis of test, the candidates are short-listed from the candidates. The short listed candidates are then taken on a 5 day interview process with the activities involving indoor and outdoor activities. On the last day, known as Conference Day, the candidates get to know whether they are selected for further process involving medical or not.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your story in the exact words without looking at it.   1 Answer

Lieutenant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Indian Army.

Interview

I applied for the University Entry Scheme(UES) for Engineers. The notifications come around May/June. Students in the pre-final year(3rd yr/5th sem) are eligible. They notify beforehand about the interview which takes place in November(likely). They would visit your campus for direct interview.
    In my college, no G.D was conducted though, in many colleges it is. Questions are basic technical based and can be answered without very thorough preparation. If you qualify, you will be called for SSB interview.

Interview Questions

• Is Hacking good? If no why is it still taught in colleges?   Answer Question

Lieutenant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Indian Army in January 2014.

Interview

Group discussions over some general and current topics.The result will be announced immediatly after that round. Some will be eliminated . Immediateky after this, an interview will be conducted. The results of the interviews will be sent to the college in 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing asked was difficult to be answered, They just asked for a few real time experiences.   Answer Question

Lieutenant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Indian Army.

Interview

First a group discussion followed by an interview and then you get a call letter if you are selected for SSB.

Interview Questions

• General discussion regarding yourself and you views. You need to be confident and portray strong desire to work for the forces.   Answer Question

Did not attend the SSB.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Indian Army (New Delhi (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

College communicated to interested students to apply with applications.All students applied,were however called for interview.Interview,in general,was very brief with one or two questions asked.Results were declared on next day with further SSB details for selected ones.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your senior asks for your help in his mis-doings with favour in future?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jalandhar, Punjab (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Indian Army (Jalandhar, Punjab (India)).

Interview

Personal Interview