Indian Oil

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Indian Oil in June 2009.

Interview Details – CGPA shortlist and then panel interview

Interview Question – None. Prepare the general questions about why this company and all. Tell us about yourself, few technical questions on summer projects and concepts   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Indian Oil.

Interview Details – campus recruitment, resume shortlisting followed by interview, results were announced the same day and the offer letter will be sent once you send your final marksheet.

they will give you one months training at delhi office before putting you directly onto job.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.. simple common mechanical pump questions.. etc   Answer Question

Vadodara (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Indian Oil.

Interview Details – During our time it was 1+3 rounds- written, GD, Group task and interview.Now interview is the big deal. GATE score or campus interviews are there. Based on cutoffs they will call you and take 1 round of interview.Interview is not very tough but concepts should be clear, what is IOC should also be clear.Prepare thoroughly.

Interview Question – Prepare your branch subject thoroughly and relevance with practical market technology.Prepare say 100-150 questions about you, branch subjects main out & out broad topics. Pumps, Engines, Fluid mechanics, principles, design etc.Your marks and willingness will matter a lot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation except for division- marketing is the best (that too retail) then Refinery then pipelines. all things are structured except division and place of posting that can be managed.

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Indian Oil.

Interview Details – Top five (according to grades) candidates (general category) of Instrumentation & Electronics Engg. were selected for personal interviews. Two (top 2) were selected finally.
Questions related to Flowmeters (e.g. Orifice, Venturi, Rotameter, Ultrasonic FM, positive displacement type FM), level sensors (Differential Pressure type etc), P-I-D control, proximity sensor, Flapper-nozzle assembly etc were of most importance.

Interview Question – How will you (as a manager) control the people?   View Answer

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Indian Oil in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview panel consists of 4 members and they warmly welcomed me and started off with my background, extra curricular activities and slowed moved in technical questions.

Interview Question – why you choose indianoil???   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Indian Oil in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was lucky I had to face just one personal interview at my campus to get selected. They selected the candidates for interviews from amongst the students who applied based on their GPA and extra curricular activities. The interview panel comprised of four very senior people. They must be of general manager rank in engineering, state office, or HR departments. The interview began by the interviewers introducing themselves. Then they asked me to introduce myself. They were consistently trying to make me feel comfortable. I was one of the two people selected out of about 20 who were interviewed from my campus. Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation involved. It was a fairly straightforward offer, which is expected from a government company. They hire hundreds of engineers every year and the salary is pretty much the same to every one.

Guwahati (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Indian Oil in December 2010.

Interview Details – it was a panel of 5 interviewers. It comprised of DGMs n EDs and one CM. What I felt was they were looking for people who were confident with whatever they say. My personal experience was that I had answered two questions wrong but they dint press further. Either they dint know the correct answer or they liked the confidence with which I spoke. That doesnot mean One can be arrogant in an Interview.

Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Indian Oil in August 2010.

Interview Details – shortlisting on the basis of CGPA and then PI.

Interview Question – NAME A FEW CIVIL ENGINEERING MARVELS IN INDIA.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Indian Oil in September 2011.

Interview Details – It was very peasant interview process with the interviewers trying to test the basic knowledge regarding the subjects (mine was mechanical). They were mainly concerned about my industry interface i.e. the industrial training i had gone through and questions were mainly what i learned from the training and how i interpreted the things. In depth knowledge in subjects like thermodynamics,heat transfer,material science and manufacturing process has the maximum leverage.

New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Indian Oil in January 2010.

Interview Details – just need to have more technical knowledge of your subject

Interview Question – Harmonics in power system   Answer Question

Worked for Indian Oil? Contribute to the Community!