Indian Oil Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Indian Oil.

campus recruitment, resume shortlisting followed by interview, results were announced the same day and the offer letter will be sent once you send your final marksheet.

they will give you one months training at delhi office before putting you directly onto job.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult.. simple common mechanical pump questions.. etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Indian Oil

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vadodara (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Indian Oil.

During our time it was 1+3 rounds- written, GD, Group task and interview.Now interview is the big deal. GATE score or campus interviews are there. Based on cutoffs they will call you and take 1 round of interview.Interview is not very tough but concepts should be clear, what is IOC should also be clear.Prepare thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare your branch subject thoroughly and relevance with practical market technology.Prepare say 100-150 questions about you, branch subjects main out & out broad topics. Pumps, Engines, Fluid mechanics, principles, design etc.Your marks and willingness will matter a lot.   Answer Question
    no negotiation except for division- marketing is the best (that too retail) then Refinery then pipelines. all things are structured except division and place of posting that can be managed.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Indian Oil.

Top five (according to grades) candidates (general category) of Instrumentation & Electronics Engg. were selected for personal interviews. Two (top 2) were selected finally.
    Questions related to Flowmeters (e.g. Orifice, Venturi, Rotameter, Ultrasonic FM, positive displacement type FM), level sensors (Differential Pressure type etc), P-I-D control, proximity sensor, Flapper-nozzle assembly etc were of most importance.

Interview Questions
    • How will you (as a manager) control the people?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Indian Oil in September 2011.

It was very peasant interview process with the interviewers trying to test the basic knowledge regarding the subjects (mine was mechanical). They were mainly concerned about my industry interface i.e. the industrial training i had gone through and questions were mainly what i learned from the training and how i interpreted the things. In depth knowledge in subjects like thermodynamics,heat transfer,material science and manufacturing process has the maximum leverage.

Interview Questions
    • describe heat transfer in brief.   Answer Question
    • Iron-iron carbide diagram and related questions   Answer Question
    • how would you connect two pumps to get maximum head and maximum output?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Guwahati (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guwahati (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Indian Oil in December 2010.

it was a panel of 5 interviewers. It comprised of DGMs n EDs and one CM. What I felt was they were looking for people who were confident with whatever they say. My personal experience was that I had answered two questions wrong but they dint press further. Either they dint know the correct answer or they liked the confidence with which I spoke. That doesnot mean One can be arrogant in an Interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Indian Oil in October 2010.

they came to our college, asked for the top 5 students in each branch. the interview lasted 20 mins. for each person. the results were announced the same day. There was no written test, and there was only one interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Indian Oil in August 2010.

shortlisting on the basis of CGPA and then PI.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

The interview is mostly technical . I advice the aspiring candidates to be thorough in their technical field. HR-related questions are relatively simple. The interviewers are extremely thorough in their technical knowhow.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Indian Oil in July 2010.

Very technical questions followed by a round of HR.HR basically stressed on extra-cirricular activities.

Interview Questions
    • An example of simultaneous mass and heat transfer   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rānchī (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Indian Oil in July 2010.

The interview was conducted by a panel of 4 men all of them well above their forties. They remained focussed about the academics and did not ask asingle HR based question .
    The funny thing about all of it was that only one person asked all the questions and the others simply stared at me , which to be frank was a bit unnerving.

Interview Questions

Worked for Indian Oil? Contribute to the Community!