Indian Oil

Indian Oil Engineering Interview Questions

2.8

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indian Oil in July 2010.

Interview panel consists of 4 members and they warmly welcomed me and started off with my background, extra curricular activities and slowed moved in technical questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Indian Oil

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indian Oil in January 2010.

The interview was just about what i learnt during my college time, apart from that some HR related questions were asked (which were easy). Little bit was asked about Internal Combustion Engines.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

just need to have more technical knowledge of your subject

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indian Oil in December 2009.

Placement cell of the college coordinated the recruitment process. Resumes were collected and shortlisted candidates were interviewed. The offer was made right after the interviews and confirmed after a medical test, few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Which all refineries in South India do you know about and what are their production capabilities   Answer Question
    • What is your opinion about working in a public sector unit ?   View Answers (2)
    There was nothing to negotiate here as the interview was coordinated by the placement cell. All the information about salary , working hours and such were posted long before the resumes were collected.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indian Oil in June 2009.

CGPA shortlist and then panel interview

Interview Questions
    • None. Prepare the general questions about why this company and all. Tell us about yourself, few technical questions on summer projects and concepts   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indian Oil in August 2008.

I was lucky I had to face just one personal interview at my campus to get selected. They selected the candidates for interviews from amongst the students who applied based on their GPA and extra curricular activities. The interview panel comprised of four very senior people. They must be of general manager rank in engineering, state office, or HR departments. The interview began by the interviewers introducing themselves. Then they asked me to introduce myself. They were consistently trying to make me feel comfortable. I was one of the two people selected out of about 20 who were interviewed from my campus. Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation involved. It was a fairly straightforward offer, which is expected from a government company. They hire hundreds of engineers every year and the salary is pretty much the same to every one.