Indian Oil Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.1

Operations Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Indian Oil in June 2010.

Interview

Short listing through GATE; AIR below 100/200 get shortlisted, depending on the major; next rounds at office; group disc, group task and then interviews, technical and hr simultaneously; final selection will be notified later

Interview Questions

• Tech questions are very very easy. nothing to worry about   Answer Question

Quality Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indian Oil.

Interview

One of the WORST HIRING PROCESS for any company encountered. The process has taken OVER AN YEAR and Still NOT COMPLETE!!
    Don't know how the company expects to encourage and attract good talent if it stretches the recruitment process for over an year.
    Most UNPROFESSIONAL ATTITUDE demonstrated by the HR department and complete absence of communication to the applicants. It's been over SIX MONTHS since the interview and still not heard anything.

Hope they drastically improve their recruitment process and timelines or expect to remain in their mediocre market position.

Interview Questions

• Manageable interview questions and were mostly domain specific   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Indian Oil (Delhi (India)).

Interview

Selection through GATE, GD, Interview. GATE tested technical knowledge, even though there were a few tech questions during the interview as well - for example "Explain the nelson complexity factor". I can say that they test mostly industrial knowledge during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would I not go for an MBA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Officer Grade A Interview

Interview

The interview process comprises a GD, GT and PI.The GD and GT was good n lasted for nore than a hour n 15 mins. The PI was a little tricky for a few.Not very difficult though.Comprises general as well as Technical questions.Questions may not be direct everytime. the interview went on for anything between 15-40 mins for ppl who were from my batch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not there in the system. Just Grab the opportunity if it comes by.

Officer Grade A Interview

Interview

Applies thorugh gate 2014. Interview was at mumbai. After verifying documents interview,GD and GT took place which was not quite difficult..They have a criteria of giving 85% weightage to gate score,10% to interview and 5 to gd and gt. so high gate score people just be relaxed and try to speak as much in gd and gt.

Officer Grade A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Indian Oil (Mumbai (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied in the Organisation through GATE 2014. I belong to Chemical Engineering Branch.They shortlisted candidates through GATE score.The Process of recruitment takes only one day but the result is not declared immediately.The Selection Process consist of Group Discussion,Group Task and Personal Interview.Each candidate has to go through each test.No ELIMINATION.They declare result generally after one month.Interview Panel consist of three Persons..1 HR, 1 Technical and 1 just observes.

Interview Questions

• "Have u ever given a thought what would happen after the joining or have u come with any thoughts?"   1 Answer
    • Technical Question-Describe the Pump in series and in Parallel.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allahabad (India)

Interview

Campus recruiting. Routine questions on power systems.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fixed package. No negociations.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vadodara (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Indian Oil (Vadodara (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

you just had to fill the form and send your CV. they filtered from there.based on your cv and your academic performance they shortlisted you.very basic process of hiring.and you have to clear their medical test

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farīdābād, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Indian Oil (Farīdābād, Haryana (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

You have to prepare a good resume. They focus mainly on your resume and projects which you have done. They also take into account the technical skills you have acquired after working on these projects

Interview Questions

• They will just ask you about your projects and your contribution   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for intern

Officer Grade A Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indian Oil.

Interview

I was a campus hire. The company asked for our resumes a week prior to coming to our college. On the basis of resume and GPA we were called for personal interviews. The panel had mostly engineers and most of them are either General Managers or DGMs. There was no separate HR round. Once the interview started, there were a barrage of questions not necessarily confined to engineering but overall it was mostly technical.