Indian Railways

Updated Sep 7, 2014
Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.7

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Indian Railways.

I applied for summer internship at Indian Railways during June-July 2014. There is a standard procedure for applying for it via their office but the chances of getting an offer this way are there only if you are from a top engineering college. I applied there this way only. The other way which is a bit easier is that you apply through the reference of some employee of the Railways.

Interview Questions
    • there was nothing unexpected as this was only a summer intern.   Answer Question

Technician Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hubli (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hubli (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Indian Railways in July 2013.

Almost all questions pertaining to the qualifications. Followed by medical examination, wherein we were checked for Eye Retina, Blood, X-Ray, ECG. Later our documents were verified. Then were short listed. We were also asked about our past work experiences. Later were taken to the higher authorities of Indian Railways and again were questioned on the basics.

Permanent Way( Railway) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Indian Railways.

One interview after being selected thru Service Comm.

Interview Questions
    • Why salary of an engineer is less than a nurse and teacher while he spend 24 hrs with extreme conditions?   View Answers (2)

Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Indian Railways.

one to one interview involving family and educational background and related questions

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation just accept or decline

Assistant Station Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trichy (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trichy (India)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Indian Railways.

there a lengthy process;offer of employment with minimum qualification,age limit and number of vacancies etc will be advertised through leading newspapers and the competitive exam will be conducted by railway recruitment board ; and those qualified will be called for interview, then psychological test and then medical examination; those who come out successful will be subjected to 6 months training and then posted against existing vacancies.

Interview Questions
    • will be tested in general knowledge,current affairs and basic mathematics.   Answer Question

Computer Operator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Indian Railways.

it was simple called me and asked me few questions about the job which i had being going on and thats all after that they called me for the written test and i was passed it finished

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Indian Railways.

only from inside, written test followed by interview

Interview Questions

because of stress involved in it

Assistant Station Master Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Indian Railways.

recruitment by railway recruitment boards of various regions, written exam, interview, physcho test and medical t.est

ADEE TL SRC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Indian Railways.

Written Test, Oral Test, Medical Check up, Certificate examination

Interview Questions

Salary is not as per expectation

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Indian Railways.

employment notice will come once in a year from all over india at a time,u feel your fav. railway board application exam will be conducted within 3 months then within 4 months result will be announced on net then verification will be called if u got selected then after verifing you will get the job as apprentice junior engineer for 1 year then u will be absorbed as JE .

Interview Questions
    • permanent way requires civil diplomas so questions will be from general knowledge, arithmetic, English,computer,then civil engineering subjects all will be objective questions bt time will be very less some 100 questions in 90minutes.   Answer Question