Indian Railways

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Indian Railways.

Interview Details – I applied for summer internship at Indian Railways during June-July 2014. There is a standard procedure for applying for it via their office but the chances of getting an offer this way are there only if you are from a top engineering college. I applied there this way only. The other way which is a bit easier is that you apply through the reference of some employee of the Railways.

Interview Question – there was nothing unexpected as this was only a summer intern.   Answer Question

Public Prosecutor Interview

Vadodara (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Indian Railways in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was called to attend the selection for the post of Assistant Public Prosecutor for Railway Protection Force. I was already serving the Force in executive cadre and having a law degree entitled me to go for the selection. Indeed there were a number of aspirants who came over there form all parts of the country and made the process more competitive.

Interview Question – You will probably be posted in the state of Karnataka. Whether you can manage ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In fact there was no scope for negotiation since it was a Government sector.

Permanent Way( Railway) Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Indian Railways.

Interview Details – One interview after being selected thru Service Comm.

Interview Question – Why salary of an engineer is less than a nurse and teacher while he spend 24 hrs with extreme conditions?   View Answers (2)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accounts Manager Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 10 months - interviewed at Indian Railways.

Interview Details – one to one interview involving family and educational background and related questions

Interview Question – Was asked to solve a numerical problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation just accept or decline

Assistant Station Master Interview

Trichy (India)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Indian Railways.

Interview Details – there a lengthy process;offer of employment with minimum qualification,age limit and number of vacancies etc will be advertised through leading newspapers and the competitive exam will be conducted by railway recruitment board ; and those qualified will be called for interview, then psychological test and then medical examination; those who come out successful will be subjected to 6 months training and then posted against existing vacancies.

Interview Question – will be tested in general knowledge,current affairs and basic mathematics.   Answer Question

Computer Operator Interview

Computer Operator

I applied in-person and interviewed at Indian Railways.

Interview Details – it was simple called me and asked me few questions about the job which i had being going on and thats all after that they called me for the written test and i was passed it finished

Interview Question – for me there was no difficult question   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and interviewed at Indian Railways.

Interview Details – only from inside, written test followed by interview

Interview Question – regarding operations   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – because of stress involved in it

Assistant Station Master Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Indian Railways.

Interview Details – recruitment by railway recruitment boards of various regions, written exam, interview, physcho test and medical t.est

Interview Question – medical test   Answer Question

ADEE TL SRC Interview

Calcutta (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Indian Railways.

Interview Details – Written Test, Oral Test, Medical Check up, Certificate examination

Interview Question – Prepared for any question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary is not as per expectation

Junior Engineer Interview

Junior Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Indian Railways in May 2008.

Interview Details – Please identify the better performers among the non performers and people who disrupt performance. Change the promotion policy and scale instead of being rigid.

general interview about state you hail from , what are the crops in your area. Technical simple work profile if you have any engg experience.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Indian Railways? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Indian Railways interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Indian Railways employees and interview candidates.