Indian Railways Interview Questions & Reviews

21 interviews

2.7

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Indian Railways.

I applied for summer internship at Indian Railways during June-July 2014. There is a standard procedure for applying for it via their office but the chances of getting an offer this way are there only if you are from a top engineering college. I applied there this way only. The other way which is a bit easier is that you apply through the reference of some employee of the Railways.

Interview Questions
    • there was nothing unexpected as this was only a summer intern.   Answer Question

Public Prosecutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vadodara (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Indian Railways in February 2009.

I was called to attend the selection for the post of Assistant Public Prosecutor for Railway Protection Force. I was already serving the Force in executive cadre and having a law degree entitled me to go for the selection. Indeed there were a number of aspirants who came over there form all parts of the country and made the process more competitive.

Interview Questions
    • You will probably be posted in the state of Karnataka. Whether you can manage ?   View Answer
    In fact there was no scope for negotiation since it was a Government sector.

Permanent Way( Railway) Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Indian Railways.

One interview after being selected thru Service Comm.

Interview Questions
    • Why salary of an engineer is less than a nurse and teacher while he spend 24 hrs with extreme conditions?   View Answers (2)

Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 10 months - interviewed at Indian Railways.

one to one interview involving family and educational background and related questions

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation just accept or decline

Assistant Station Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trichy (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trichy (India)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Indian Railways.

there a lengthy process;offer of employment with minimum qualification,age limit and number of vacancies etc will be advertised through leading newspapers and the competitive exam will be conducted by railway recruitment board ; and those qualified will be called for interview, then psychological test and then medical examination; those who come out successful will be subjected to 6 months training and then posted against existing vacancies.

Interview Questions
    • will be tested in general knowledge,current affairs and basic mathematics.   Answer Question

Computer Operator Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Indian Railways.

it was simple called me and asked me few questions about the job which i had being going on and thats all after that they called me for the written test and i was passed it finished

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Indian Railways.

only from inside, written test followed by interview

Interview Questions

because of stress involved in it

Assistant Station Master Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Indian Railways.

recruitment by railway recruitment boards of various regions, written exam, interview, physcho test and medical t.est

ADEE TL SRC Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Indian Railways.

Written Test, Oral Test, Medical Check up, Certificate examination

Interview Questions

Salary is not as per expectation

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Indian Railways in May 2008.

Please identify the better performers among the non performers and people who disrupt performance. Change the promotion policy and scale instead of being rigid.

general interview about state you hail from , what are the crops in your area. Technical simple work profile if you have any engg experience.

Worked for Indian Railways? Contribute to the Community!