Indiana Department of Environmental Management

Relevance Date Difficulty

Environmental Engineer Interview

Environmental Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Indiana Department of Environmental Management.

Interview Details – I interviewed with two representatives from the agency. They both asked a series of questions. Some were obviously more difficult than others. But I got the standard "why am I interested in a job with IDEM?", "how well can I handle multiple tasks at the same time?", "what are my personal strengths / weaknesses and how do I use them to my advantage / work to improve upon them?" .. The interviews weren't too bad, actually.

Interview Question – I can't really say that any of the questions were too tough. If you're interviewing with IDEM, just spend plenty of time researching the agency and be familiar with it. Know plenty about air/water/land (depending on which area you're interviewing for). Be familiar with the general permitting process and what is regulated and you'll do just fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – State agency. Therefore, there really isn't any negotiating.

Senior Environmental Engineer Interview

Senior Environmental Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Indiana Department of Environmental Management in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked many questions pertaining to pollution prevention. The interview was actually in January 2008 and I got the job.

Negotiation Details – Salary is non-negotiable in state government. Either take what they offer you or go somewhere else. Job duties are negotiable to some extent.

Worked for Indiana Department of Environmental Management? Contribute to the Community!