Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Indiana Department of Environmental Management
- Senior Environmental Engineer (1)
- Environmental Engineer (1)
- Watershed Assessment and Planning Branch (1)
- Accepted Offer
The process was very simple. I applied online through the state website. I was contacted in March for a telephone interview. They just asked me about my basic qualifications, work ethic, ect. There were no out of the ordinary questions. It was very relaxed, like the job.
- Tell me about yourself Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Indiana Department of Environmental Management (Indianapolis, IN).
I interviewed with two representatives from the agency. They both asked a series of questions. Some were obviously more difficult than others. But I got the standard "why am I interested in a job with IDEM?", "how well can I handle multiple tasks at the same time?", "what are my personal strengths / weaknesses and how do I use them to my advantage / work to improve upon them?" .. The interviews weren't too bad, actually.
- I can't really say that any of the questions were too tough. If you're interviewing with IDEM, just spend plenty of time researching the agency and be familiar with it. Know plenty about air/water/land (depending on which area you're interviewing for). Be familiar with the general permitting process and what is regulated and you'll do just fine. Answer Question
State agency. Therefore, there really isn't any negotiating.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 3 days – interviewed at Indiana Department of Environmental Management (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2009.
The interviewer asked many questions pertaining to pollution prevention. The interview was actually in January 2008 and I got the job.
Salary is non-negotiable in state government. Either take what they offer you or go somewhere else. Job duties are negotiable to some extent.