Indiana Professional Management Group

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Indiana Professional Management Group

Case Manager Interview

Interview

They will ask you specific questions about your experience, ability to work independently, and your knowledge of disabilities and working with that population. Your personality will be analyzed to make sure you are a people person, are adaptable to a variety of stressful situations and a good fit with your specific manager. Do not listen to the negative reviews. This is a wonderful company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Explain a typical daily schedule you would have when working from home.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are happy to tell you what the benefits are and what they cost. At 6 years in, I get 4 workweeks off per year plus holidays (18 days of vacation, my birthday, and a floating holiday). As you show the ability to work without supervision and meet deadlines your pay will increase significantly.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana Professional Management Group in October 2014.

Interview

I had experience as a case manager in another State and when I relocated, decided to apply on line with IPMG. Was called back about a week after submitting my application and was asked to meet a supervisor in person for an interview. I was a little surprised at the simplicity of the questions asked and at how most of the questions related to time management and handling large caseloads. The interviewer was quick to pair caseload size with salary, making sure I understood that the higher number of people I carried, the higher my salary would be. Thought it odd that a social service company would take this approach but I was new and still learning how Indiana worked.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem carrying a high caseload. Maybe even 60-70 people at a given time?   1 Answer

Thought about the philosophy of IPMG and decided to apply with another case management company. Too many negative employee experiences/comments and a suspicion that we did not share the same idea of what good case management meant.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana Professional Management Group.

Interview

Took about a month to get an interview. Easy, basic questions about case management experience. Beware of employers who don't ask for references. I should've followed my gut instinct.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. Low pay for work time you put in. Often work 10 hr days 6-7 days a week.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana Professional Management Group.

Interview

Submitted an online application. I personally knew several existing employees through working for a related agency, and used a Case Manager's name (with her permission) on my application. I was called for an interview within two weeks. The interview was scheduled for the following week. I was called and offered a job the day following the interview. I started three weeks later (due to scheduling conflicts on my behalf, they offered me an earlier start date).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indiana Professional Management Group in July 2013.

Interview

Saw online ad and applied. Was called the next week for an interview. Was surprised how seemingly easy questions were. No real content and very general. The person interviewing me said she was a supervisor but I was a little concerned when she apparently had difficulty answering some of my questions regarding the specifics of the position. I got the impression that she really did not know a lot about case management; so much so that I made a point to ask her again that she was a supervisor. Should have known from that what was to come.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any young children that would keep you from doing this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Corydon, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Indiana Professional Management Group (Corydon, IN).

Interview

Harder than heck to get an interview. Writing sample will be requested (they give you the question and you respond on the spot). Once interviewed, it will take forever to get an answer. You have to have a degree and experience working with the DD population.

Interview Questions

• The writing sample. Take your time and remember that grammar and spelling count.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no, negotiation. This is a non profit, they do not have a margin for bargaining.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Indiana Professional Management Group in June 2013.

Interview

IPMG is a virtual company so most of the work does not occur out of an office. The interview is the same - I met the interviewer at a library that was about equidistant for each of us. We talked about case management experience and time management ability - something that is truly vital in this position. Once you've gotten past the training stage, you are expected to do your job with very little oversight - nobody is going to stand over your shoulder telling you what needs to be done. It's definately not a position for everybody. The position and the requirements were explained.

Interview Questions

• We had to write a summary of how we responded to a morality/ethical concern in the past. We also talked about previous positions and experiences with having to effectively manage our time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really isn't a negiotiation phase - or at least I did not attempt to. I took the information provided to be at face value.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indiana Professional Management Group.

Interview

I interviewed with one of the company's managers within the past couple of years. Very professional and she was able to answer any questions I had about the position. Applying online was easy and the interview process was a positive one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for IPMG?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a competitive salary and taking in to consideration benefits and mileage reimbursement, the pay was actually higher than other jobs I had in the past.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana Professional Management Group (South Bend, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

Was new to area and applied to several case management agencies. I was a case manager in another state so was experienced. Put in my application and after about two weeks was contacted by someone from IPMG to interview. Questions were very simple and were not really related to providing case management. Were more interested in how many were on my caseload and if I were willing to take on larger numbers if I were paid for them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem being available 24/7?   1 Answer

The tone of the interview made me reconsider my decision to work here. Not the company mindset I wanted to be associated with. Also took time to research employee reviews and found a lot of unhappiness. I want to be a part of a company who not only cares about those they serve but also are supportive of their employees.

Anonymous Employee in Marion, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana Professional Management Group (Marion, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

In hindsight, I should have known that something was amiss when I applied and upon handing in my application I was called the next day for an interview. When I arrived, the questions given were very rudimentary and general. Little was discussed that was specific to case management other than my prior work history. Emphasis from the beginning was making sure I saw everyone on my caseload so that we could bill and I could get paid.

Interview Questions

• Are you acceptable to larger caseloads if it means an increase to your monthly paycheck.   Answer Question