Indiana University Health

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Indiana University Health.

Interview Details – I was with the company as a contractor and after I demonstrated expertise they interviewed me for a full-time position. I interviewed with the hiring director and his direct report managers. The interview was brief, as all concerned had considered my performance and organizational fit before inviting me to interview.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected, as I was experienced and prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was suitable and I did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Specialist Interview

Logistics Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Indiana University Health.

Interview Details – For this position I only had to do one interview which was nice, however, the initial training week was long, tedious, boring, and geared towards the nursing staff and not everyone. The management team that I worked for was unorganized once I started, not having a plan in place for training, or even for when I first walked in the doors of the department. I trained myself more than they gave me initial training. My offer was sent to me in an email instead of a phone call, I found this impersonal. The recruiters there were either overwhelmed or did not enjoy their work as trying to get a call back or email back from them would take days at time, even as an employee looking to advance your career, you had to go through recruiters, and they were not interested in helping.

Interview Question – Basic easy situational questions. Nothing really meaty. Everything is scripted based on your responses to the pre-employment survey that you take online. It identifies strengths and weaknesses and your questions are based on those. They tended to beat certain subjects to death.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available, take it or leave it.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Indiana University Health in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very comfortable interview. Talked straight business and no general questions. They wanted to know my work experience and knowledge and why I deserved the position over anyone else. Because I was an internal transfer I may have experienced a different interview process than an outside person would.

Interview Question – Why did I deserve this position over the other candidates. Describe what I could specifically offer.   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Indiana University Health in June 2013.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview, followed by a group interview. The group interview consisted of the team I was interviewing for. In general the team is/was extremely collaborative.

Interview Question – The question that was most difficult was more of a situational question. For example how would you handle a difficult client, co-worker, etc and maintain a positive working relationship.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be sure to get clarity on vacation days and PTO policy.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Indiana University Health in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and was recommended by a college professor.

Interview Question – As I was preparing to gradate from college and had not pinpointed where I wanted to be the most difficult question was, "Where do you see yourself in five years?"   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Nurse Practitioner
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Indiana University Health in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process began with email correspondence. Then, I was asked to submit my CV. After about three weeks, I was asked to come in for a face to face interview and given two dates to choose from. The dates were only three dates away! I worked both of them! But, after telling me they could not possibly make it another day, they called back and offered a workable time slot. The interview took place early on a Monday morning at a busy, downtown teaching hospital. The lady scheduling gave me poor directions and NO instructions on where to park. I had to valet park which cost money. Once there, the office was impossible to find without help. Once directed there, via a telephone call, the woman who called for directions was instructed to tell me to just walk in and have a seat. So, I did . Empty waiting room, typing in the background , no greeting, for 25 minutes!! Eventually , someone eventually came through the front door and grumbled " hello" after I said good morning ! Ten minutes later, that same grumbling women and the mystery typist appeared to conduct my interview . I was dressed and prepped for success. It was almost hard to take them serious!!!

Interview Question – Tell us one time you lied or committed something illegal at the workplace. Then, what you did, or did not do to make it better.   View Answer

Kitchen/Food Service Interview

Kitchen/Food Service
Avon, IN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Indiana University Health in September 2011.

Interview Details – oh lord

Interview Question – if you were a fruit what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing. They own you in the kitchen, you work when they say, you eat when they say, you even pee when they say. Unless your flirtatious with the male management then you can do whatever you want.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Avon, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Indiana University Health in June 2010.

Interview Details – Placed application and submitted resume to HR Dept, received contact from recruiter, appointment set for interview with department manager. Interview was in depth and a tour of the unit given and introduced to other employees.

Interview Question – Why did I want to work at IU, what had I heard about working there?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was necessary, salary and benefits were acceptable.

RN Transfer Center Interview

RN Transfer Center
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Indiana University Health in March 2013.

Interview Details – Manager was aloof, unengaged during interview. Seemed to not have time for the interview, Enjoyed shadow experience, felt positive about this aspect. I was not told whether I had been accepted or rejected. Later saw the job posted, and la week later received rejection notice.

Interview Question – What exactly makes you believe you will be a good fit in this area? Are you truly able to work with all kinds of people under time constraints and not get testy or irritable? Can you talk to Doctors clearly and efficiently?   View Answer

Physician Practice Manager Interview

Physician Practice Manager
Goshen, IN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Indiana University Health in April 2010.

Interview Details – initial interviews are via the telephone in which I ask many questions just to get a feel for the candidate. If I am satisfied with their answers, I call them back to schedule a second interview. This interview would include another manager, my team leaders and possibly a physician. After the inteview the group wil discuss what we thought.

Interview Question – Why we shoud hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiation.

Worked for Indiana University Health? Contribute to the Community!