Indiana University

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.4

Senior Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Indiana University.

Process was quick. i was called for a phone interview and then in-person a week later. Given official offer next week.

Technical questions were pretty normal for my position. Team seemed interested in cultural fit. Entire team was present for in-person interview with some salary discussion in private.

Salary was offered with a take it or leave it attitude. I negotiated eligibility for raise in next 6 month cycle.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Indiana University in November 2014.

Great interview process, fairly quick - too three weeks - first interview with a panel of supervisors, then brought back to meet staff and higher level administrators. The questions were relevant and well thought out, no tricky games. I liked that they didn't waste time on silly questions, and seemed equally focused on educating me on job responsibilities. There was a section in the second round interview where the supervisor sat with me and showed me actual job duties.

Interview Questions
    They screened salary up front, and made it clear it was non-negotiable.

Systems Analyst Interview

There was a telephone interview which is a non technical, about my previous job experience. Then video conference interview. Which is a technical. .After 3 Weeks they Said They Were Decided to Interview Additional Candidates to Determine the best candidate.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

You are interviewed by the professor that you want to work with. He will discuss his research interests and ask you about your previous research experiences and what type of work you want to do for Graduate school.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. Everything is very laid back, you just have show that you are interested about the professor's work.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

PhD Student Interview

You need to apply online to submit your Personal Statement, Resume, transcripts, and everything you think that might be helpful for you application. Then you will be arranged an interview by several PIs and a student to record. After the interview, if you are admitted, you will be contacted.

IU RPS Worker Interview

As a student, I was able to easily get the job for this position. It was a simple matter of filling out the online application and waiting for the confirmation email. There was no real formal interview, and there was no negotiation on what I would be paid.

Interview Questions
    • I would suppose it was unexpected when they wanted to know my GPA on the online questions.   View Answer
    No, I could not negotiate.

Caterer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Indiana University.

Was hired by reference, interview was very casual and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there was a difficult question, it's a very low paying job and they just want you to serve food.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indiana University.

applied online, waited for 2 months for a phone interview, then an onsite interview

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Indiana University.

I was hired based on existing relationship with the lab supervisor.

Told them my pay at previous position and it was matched.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

the hiring process at Indiana university will be slightly different depending upon the nature of the job applied for. For me it was a phone interview followed by an on campus visit with a tour of the facilities. I received a formal offer shortly after the phone interview so the campus visit was largely for my benefit, but this is not the norm .

Interview Questions
    • The interview that I had was a very relaxed conversion about the work that I would be doing, so there weren't really any difficult questions.   Answer Question