Indiana University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at Indiana University

Interview Details – You are interviewed by the professor that you want to work with. He will discuss his research interests and ask you about your previous research experiences and what type of work you want to do for Graduate school.

Interview Question – There weren't any. Everything is very laid back, you just have show that you are interested about the professor's work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student

Interviewed at Indiana University

Interview Details – You need to apply online to submit your Personal Statement, Resume, transcripts, and everything you think that might be helpful for you application. Then you will be arranged an interview by several PIs and a student to record. After the interview, if you are admitted, you will be contacted.

Interview Question – Most question concern deep technique.   Answer Question

IU RPS Worker Interview

IU RPS Worker

Interviewed at Indiana University

Interview Details – As a student, I was able to easily get the job for this position. It was a simple matter of filling out the online application and waiting for the confirmation email. There was no real formal interview, and there was no negotiation on what I would be paid.

Interview Question – I would suppose it was unexpected when they wanted to know my GPA on the online questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, I could not negotiate.

Part-Time Student Interview

Part-Time Student
Bloomington, IN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Indiana University in January 2014.

Interview Details – Just talk to the people who is in charge, and he will give you the opportunity

Interview Question – Your schedule   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant
Bloomington, IN

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Indiana University in March 2013.

Interview Details – The overall process takes about a whole academic year starting with a information session in the fall followed by an application and then a 8 week class and finally an interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Data Entry
Bloomington, IN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Indiana University in June 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communications began after submitting my application, resume and cover letter through the university's job website. About a day later I received an email from the manager of the group I was applying for who was interested in scheduling an 1:1 interview for sometime in the coming days. I quickly replied and received a message back within minutes that included a time and meeting place for the interview as well as suggestions for parking, as public parking is very limited on the campus.

The interview itself was brief, about 20 minutes total. It was a fairly straightforward interview. No odd or unreasonably difficult questions were asked. Basically, all questions were about relevant work experiences as well as educational background. Also asked were my goals for the future, specifically regarding long term employment with the university.

Interview Question – What are your goals for the future with regard to long term employment with the university? Is that something you would be interested in?

What would your dream position be with the university?
  Answer Question

Hourly Tech Interview

Hourly Tech
Bloomington, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Indiana University in September 2013.

Interview Details – A friend helped me touch base with my current boss, and we ended up meeting for an interview. We figured out what hours I could work, and then I was told that I got the job.

Interview Question – Do you have any networking experience?   Answer Question

Caterer Interview

Caterer

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Indiana University.

Interview Details – Was hired by reference, interview was very casual and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say there was a difficult question, it's a very low paying job and they just want you to serve food.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Indiana University.

Interview Details – applied online, waited for 2 months for a phone interview, then an onsite interview

Interview Question – normal questions, teaching/research exerpience   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Bloomington, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Indiana University.

Interview Details – I was hired based on existing relationship with the lab supervisor.

Negotiation Details – Told them my pay at previous position and it was matched.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Indiana University

Worked for Indiana University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Indiana University interview questions and advice. All 57 interview reviews posted anonymously by Indiana University employees and interview candidates.