Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW)

www.ipfw.edu
  www.ipfw.edu

Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2014
Updated May 16, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW)

Chair Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) in May 2010.

The hiring process is traditional in so far as a search committee screens and interviews candidates. Their recommendation is put forward to the Dean. My experience was that the process was fair and gave me an opportunity to meet faculty, students, administrators and board members.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really was unexpected however IPFW is seeking people who have both a strong research background and a very good understanding of serving non traditional students.   Answer Question
    Fair and complete

Department Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW).

The hiring process consistent of going to the department, asking for the dept head and hading my resume in that way. it was very informal and there was an inpromtu meeting with other staff and I was told to they would contact me the next day. They did and I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you plan on using your experience here for in the future?"   Answer Question

Student Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) in November 2010.

Realize that not being offered this position was not a bad thing, and I was on the verge of withdrawing when I received the call. Of course, we all say this, right?
    Initial interview was a phone interview with 5 participants who asked a total of 5 questions, one being: what is your personal mission statement, and none of the common or typical fare.
    On-site interview began with a rushed dinner at a ho-hum restaurant, allowing the 'boss' to talk about himself and his accomplishments. The full-day interview consisted of disinterested parties and late-starting meetings (panel interview with office staff, small group meeting with interested group, planned meeting with executives where no one showed-insightful, nice lunch, interview with peers in same division, presentation where 15 of 18 attending showed 30 minutes late, final interview with boss).
    Communication was spotty, and I never knew who was actually doing the hiring. Initial salary range was 40% below market, which was reconsidered and was established within an acceptable range. Reimbursement was offered, but when given was 'short'.

Interview Questions

Worked for Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW)? Contribute to the Community!