Indiana University of Pennsylvania

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

Interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania

Interview Details – Very clear process, very professional

Interview Question – How would you handle a student who is not performing to course expectations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always ask. The worst that can happen is a "no" answer.

Writing Tutor Interview

Writing Tutor
Indiana, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania in December 2009.

Interview Details – I heard from a friend that the Writing Center would be needing new workers for the next semester. The application was online, so I printed one, filled it out, attached a writing sample, and gave it to the front desk worker. A few days later, I got an e-mail to come in for an interview. The interview took place in the chairperson's office with him and the assistant chair. I answered a few questions about myself and why I wanted to work there. I was asked if I knew what the job entailed. I was asked about my writing. After about 10 minutes, we shook hands and I left. The next day, I received an e-mail that I had been hired and told the first day in which I was to show up.

Interview Question – How's your grades, all A's?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Technology Interview

Technology
Indiana, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania in January 2008.

Interview Details – Great initial communication. Found the job posted on Craigslist website, as well as on their employment site. Received first callback within 24 hours. Phone interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. Received invitation to interview in person the following week. Interviewed with the hiring manager for 2 hours - received tour of facilities. Great experience!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   Answer Question

Worked for Indiana University of Pennsylvania? Contribute to the Community!