Indiana University of Pennsylvania

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Indiana University of Pennsylvania

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indiana, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

Usually a several interview process. Be sure to be up on your field in practical and theoretical areas. If you have a faculty contact at the university, see what you can find out about the gap the department is trying to fill. This will give you an idea of your chances for success. For example, if you are qualified in qualitative research and they are seeking a quantitative person, you are unlikely to be selected.
    Be prepared to answer: What would you like to teach at IUP? There is lots of information on the website related to the courses offered.

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected, but surprising how many applicants stumble on this: What are your research interests?   View Answer
    Do negotiate--it cannot hurt. Your experience often "counts" and the worse they can say is "no." Ask about your office computer or other technology for your exclusive use or available to your department.

Assistant Professor Interview

Very clear process, very professional

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a student who is not performing to course expectations?   Answer Question
    Always ask. The worst that can happen is a "no" answer.

Writing Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indiana, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania in December 2009.

I heard from a friend that the Writing Center would be needing new workers for the next semester. The application was online, so I printed one, filled it out, attached a writing sample, and gave it to the front desk worker. A few days later, I got an e-mail to come in for an interview. The interview took place in the chairperson's office with him and the assistant chair. I answered a few questions about myself and why I wanted to work there. I was asked if I knew what the job entailed. I was asked about my writing. After about 10 minutes, we shook hands and I left. The next day, I received an e-mail that I had been hired and told the first day in which I was to show up.

None.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indiana, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania in January 2008.

Great initial communication. Found the job posted on Craigslist website, as well as on their employment site. Received first callback within 24 hours. Phone interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. Received invitation to interview in person the following week. Interviewed with the hiring manager for 2 hours - received tour of facilities. Great experience!