Indianapolis Public Schools

Indianapolis Public Schools Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Indianapolis Public Schools

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Indianapolis Public Schools.

Interview

Online application, resume submission, official transcripts. The next step is an interview with the building supervisor. If they want to hire you, you will need a criminal background check.

Depending upon the time of year, the position, and the administrator this can be a very short or a very long process.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Classroom Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Indianapolis Public Schools.

Interview

-I wanted to teach in the townships but could not find a job.
    -Never did I plan on working for IPS, and I applied there in desperation for a job right out of college.
    -So, as a young teacher, I was thrilled to be selected for an interview.
    -I had only one of them before being placed in a school.
    -My principal was not welcoming when I arrived in the summer to meet him, see where I would teach, and begin to set up my classroom.
    -This was the start of my difficult, 10+ years at IPS

Interview Questions

• -Why do you want to teach at IPS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

-There was no negotiation

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Indianapolis Public Schools (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Varies by individual. My initial hiring (I changed positions, so had to be rehired since I went from non certified to a certified position) was into a non-certified high need area. Even though I submitted all documentation (which included from other school corporations, including out of state) in a timely manner, tracked the submissions to and from IPS, they still kept losing my information. Finally, to get the interview, I contacted the Superintendents office after 3 months of waiting. I was interviewed and hired the next day. Interviewing for a certified position was handled more professionally, by different part of HR. Initially interviewed with the main HR downtown, was hired, and then interviewed with the principal's I was given. I then chose from the offers made by the individual school principals.

Interview Questions

• "How well do you think we will work together?"

Given that I didn't know the interviewer, it was nearly impossible to answer effectively.

1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They tell you what they have to offer, you take it or leave it.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Indianapolis Public Schools (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewed in February 2003, the process was pretty cut "n" dry, they just wan't to know if i had the 60 college credit hours in order to begin substitute teaching. It wasn't really like a real interview. If you pass the screen & credit hours,your hired

Negotiation

No negotiation, either you get $75 a day for an associates degree or $100 a day with a Bachelors and Retired teachers get $150 a day