Indigo Books & Music

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

CER- Permenant Part-time Interview

CER- Permenant Part-time

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview Details – Applied for the position online and heard a response within a week. Was asked to come in for a group audition. 40+ applicants were divided into groups and asked to participate in 3 activities, being reviewed by different department managers and the GM. The whole process lasted almost 2 hours and involved a team activity, a questions section and than role playing. You need to have an outgoing personality and really speak up as you are competing for the position. It was an enjoyable experience and different from the typical, tense one on one sections.

Interview Question – The usual, tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult situation in the work place. What was it and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director

I applied through other source and interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview Details – Quick response time on resume and first interview. Was lead to believe it was a very good interview and resume would be passed along. Was disappointed in unprofessionalism in lack of response after that point. I expected the truth and a quick note to say they went with someone else. Common curtesy.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

CEM Interview

CEM
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, online questionnaire, great conversation if you have the right interviewer

Interview Question – What are your your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Indigo Books & Music in October 2012.

Interview Details – Immediately after application, I submitted an online personality test. Around a week later, I received a call from the store inviting me to come in for an interview. The interview process was quite simple -- a laundry list of questions about challenges faced throughout previous jobs, how I would react to situations, etc. Most job-specific question asked was "what are you reading?"

Interview Question – "How have you handled team conflicts in the past?"   Answer Question

London, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview Details – Applied online and had to complete a questionnaire, got a call a week later for an interview. Interviewed with one manager then had another the same day about 10 minutes later with the head manager. Got hired on the spot. They asked questions regarding your favourite books, company policies and the love of reading foundation. Do your research on the company!

Interview Question – Tell me about the Love of Reading Foundation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted for an interview about 2 weeks later. It was a group interview ( me with 3 others) We were asked to introduce ourselves, then "Explain your previous experience with relevance to the position. Typical interview questions.

Interview Question – Name the last book you read and who the author was; (role play) how would you sell and convince to me to read that book.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Milton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Indigo Books & Music in August 2012.

Interview Details – Terrible interview process. They sent my acceptance e-mail to the wrong person. Someone with my last name in Brazil. Thank God this man tracked me down on Facebook and sent me the e-mail. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten the job.

Interview Question – 1. What do you know about this company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation I was only 15 so I took whatever they offered

Very Easy Interview

Keyholder Interview

Keyholder

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview Details – Long questionnaire online, varies every time it's taken, after the questionnaire, you either get put through based on your answers, or not. If you do get put through, you answer questions in an interview based on the responses you gave that were considered wrong or negative. You may or may not be called back for a second interview, usually it's just a reference check after the first and then a call with a job offer.

Interview Question – What kind of manager are you looking for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. It was a take what you get situation.

Customer Experience Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Indigo Books & Music in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to one location 2 months before they called me in. Got a first interview but there was a confusion between managers, so they weren't quite prepared to interview me but once we started, they were humorous, kind and seemingly non-judgemental.

They called me in for a second interview with who would be the manager I would work under (kids manager). Also light conversation with a few questions about my favourite books and authors.

Then the called me in for a third interview. This time, with the general manager. Same questions.

After this interview, I thought, "What the heck, why not apply to another location? I'm bound to get one of them!" and so I applied to another. They responded within two days of my applying. One interview, and I had the job.
The first location took a little over two weeks, after the third interview, to respond and by then I had already accepted the job at the other location.

Interview Questions

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Indigo Books & Music in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was called the same day I dropped my resume off at their store. Was asked to come for an interview the very next day. Interview was about 20 minutes long with the Manager and Assistant Manager, and was outside of the store where it wasn't as busy. They were polite and made me feel comfortable. They hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – Asked what my worst customer experience was and how I handled an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always ask to be paid more than minimum wage, especially if you have more experience in the book or customer service industry.

Worked for Indigo Books & Music? Contribute to the Community!